Informer

Christmas exemplifies our consumer nation.

I think when we look at the benefits of such holidays, one can see a trend in consumer spending. In turn the consumer spending turns to more profits that get funneled towards the top of the "wealth chain", in regards to a perspective entailing that wealth is at the top.

Vice versa we can say that it is teaching giving and sharing, which may make it tolerable for those more ethically and morally inclined. I would like to know why we don't practice these things more regularly?

Jesus was supposedly born in April or March i forget.

Christmas is really about the church needing to bastardize the winter solstice festival that those sexy pagans were having each year. Another stick in the eye really.

I'm happy to say i spent thanksgiving fasting though! :D I will honor solstice in my own way, and be sure to take a big crap on christmas day cause thats about what i think of it.

I love worshiping the great god santa and his fearsome claws. Who is this jesus i worship santa.

Lol sarcasm is awsome. anywho we need to get back to being a spiritual holiday to the high masters such as jesus buddha lao tzu excetera.

Have i posted this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X7x-DHKHW0

seth mcfarlane rulz.

The spirit of Christmas is about selflessly giving to others from the heart. However, much like the spark of spirituality that created religion...the sparkle inevitably dies and all that is left is ritual empty of heart.

-Christmas is a religious ritual which has been readily adopted by our capitalist economy in order to spur consumerism...but that is not to say that the individual cannot still carry the spark that created Christmas within his heart. :wub:

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1