Sky Magi

5 Elements/Platonic Solids & Kunlun Nei Gung

Does anyone have any detailed, or thorough, information sources, on how the 5 Elements relate to the 5 Platonic Solids? And also how possibly the 13 Archimedean Solids fit into this creational matrix model. Keeping in mind that the Platonic Solids are primarily Masculine in formation and the Archimedean Solids principly represent the feminine patterns. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for further reading, or links etc.

Also, whilst on the topic of the 5 Elements, are there popular specific tonics, herbs, super foods, elixirs etc. for the individual elements? I would be very appreciative if someone could share some comprehensive information with me. Are there specific potent combinations to effect a balancing of the whole? What is your experience with utilizing teas and herbs alongside your practice?

Is there a radical difference in modus operandi between the Kunlun Nei Gung, Standing and Moving, 5 Elements of the Maoshan Lineage and the 5 Elements of the more widely practised Qi Gong?

Please forgive the style of straight questioning in the post here. I had written a longer version and then, due to internet connectivity dropping out, lost it when I tried to post.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to reading your replies!

Blessings, Sky ~.~

• Like 1

Have you taken class with Max or learning from the book?

To be honest, if your really interested in the Kunlun system I would go to the source, Max.

If you have already then what I can share when I asked Max about what "supplements" to add to the Kunlun system he highly reccommended getting into Tea.

So that's what I am personally focused on exploring more :)

the greek egyptian elements model is different than the chinese daoist model

but its dodecahedron - akasha/aether

cube - earth

tetrahedron - fire

octohedron - air

icosahedron - water

i don't know much about herbs for the elements. i have some pao d'arco on the stove right now, and i'm really into adaptogens personally. good luck to you.

The work of Michael Schneider would be worth looking at -

constructing the universe

In his book, chapter 5 talks about both the elements and the solids. It should be remember that the term '5 elements' can also be translated from the chinese as 5 agents, or perhaps most suitable, '5 phases'. This is as, just like Yin & Yang, they cannot be separated- they all interlink and give birth to each other. I'm not sure if this could be said about the platonic solids as well- don't know enough about them. Perhaps try looking at how the platonic solids interrelate to each other?

All herbs have a degree of resonance with one or more of the five elements, but to figure out which ones would be good for you takes a lot of study and a high degree of self-awareness and objectivity- it would be much easier to seek help from an experienced herbalist!

a

Thank you so much Al and Anamatva :) I will digest your replies some more!

Cameron, I have taken classes with one of Max's facilitators, and I am sure I will meet Max one day (in the flesh).

I have never been a big tea drinker, I am very much into juices and smoothies. But I do like to take various longevity herbs. Love ho shu wu, schizandra berry, cordyceps, reishi, shiitake, ashwaganda, ginsengs, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, goji berries, marine phytoplankton and many others...

I know Max says you can eat anything, and truly one can...however my personal preference is the Sun...so incredibly nourishing!!

• Like 1

I thought I remembered Michael Winn the Healing Tao teacher writing about something like that. Here is a link: www.healingtaousa.com/pdf/dao_inner_alchemy.pdf

• Like 1

I thought I remembered Michael Winn the Healing Tao teacher writing about something like that. Here is a link: www.healingtaousa.com/pdf/dao_inner_alchemy.pdf

Great!!! Thank you :) Blessings ~*~

...however my personal preference is the Sun...so incredibly nourishing!!

the right air and water toosmile.gif

with herbs , it looks like you are already on a path, i would add licorice and white peony.

there is a lot of discussion about taking herbs in one's youth however. sometimes a little dab will do ya.

and some herbs work better for some folks than for others, herbs can be tricky.

you might research tien chi and lu rong. lu rong isn't herb.

one last thing, if you ever use goldenseal it should not be used long term. but if it is used in combination with other herbs , it makes them work better.

...however my personal preference is the Sun...so incredibly nourishing!!

the right air and water toosmile.gif

with herbs , it looks like you are already on a path, i would add licorice and white peony.

there is a lot of discussion about taking herbs in one's youth however. sometimes a little dab will do ya.

and some herbs work better for some folks than for others, herbs can be tricky.

you might research tien chi and lu rong. lu rong isn't herb.

one last thing, if you ever use goldenseal it should not be used long term. but if it is used in combination with other herbs , it makes them work better.

Yes, am with you on all of that zerostao, spring water is a blessing and I do not drink treated chemical water ever! It's vital to skip the fluoride for optimal pineal function :) I've never lived in any built up areas, but out here in the hills/rainforest I still see chemtrails thickly blanketing the sky, especially recently. I long for the high mountain air where I have lived most of my life.

I will add licorice thanks, and will look up white peony, tien chi and lu rong. Another very important herb I meant to mention in my post above is astragalus! It's pivotal for longevity due to it's influence on the telomeres in the DNA.

Aye, golden seal is powerful, I have used it sparingly and in moderation when needed. Great advice to share onwards :)