Sky Magi

Golden Dragon Body

OK, seriously dude, every single post is your "last post", and not just on this thread... :lol:

Lol :lol:

I could deny it except it's true!

I guess I just felt some level of involvement with Kunlun and the Bums. But really I don't think it had much to do with me.

Ahhhh, going to visit the White Cloud Temple for the first time today. Enjoy your Taoist discussions on the way. I'll pop in again sometime next year to learn more from you guys.

namaste

• Like 2

Ahhhh, going to visit the White Cloud Temple for the first time today. Enjoy your Taoist discussions on the way. I'll pop in again sometime next year to learn more from you guys.

Excitedly awaiting your report about that visit tomorrow. :lol:

• Like 4

I heard a nice quote the other day: "Brain likes drama, the body likes movement.". :)

Anyway, regarding Jenny and Yi Gong, I think she said somewhere on her webpage that Yi Gong will disappear with her as the last teacher of the lineage.

obviously this world will cease to exist after this year..

this is why jenny is the last teacher of that lineage..

Hi Harmonious Emptiness. Perhaps your art of composing a post could also be viewed as an "Advanced Energy Technique." I could even see your skill shared as one of the many mentorships. :)

I appreciate your contributions at TTB! :D

Well thanks rainbowvein. I presume you are playing along with the put on, as I don't really have a Zen art of forum writing, but I guess maybe that means I do! :o ?

obviously this world will cease to exist after this year..

this is why jenny is the last teacher of that lineage..

Did Jenny state a belief like that, or is it your belief, or just an attempt at making a joke?

White Cloud Temple was nice :)

Lama Temple, Temple of Heaven and Forbidden City are my favorites. I think there is also a Temple of Earth I havent visited yet.

My friend asked me when we were there if I am a Taoist. I dont think it would be correct for myself to say I am Taoist. I feel Taoist teachings have had and continue to have a great influence on my life but Am I a Taoist is not a question I can say yes too.

Even Sifu Jenny who taught Max Yigong calls herself a Buddhist and that her favorite book is Nisargardatta Maharajs I AM THAT.

Max is connected with all kinds of stuff. Perhaps Shamanism which I suspect is the origin of Tao and not Temple Taoism. But even then am I a shaman..no.

I just view myself as a curious modern person who is interested in many things. What will be interesting to see is what aspects of Taoism, Buddhism, Shamanism etc stays into the future.

My favorite thing I heard from Sifu Jenny was to let what comes come let what goes go.

Take care and see you in 2013 where I suspect the world will still exist lol.

Cam

• Like 1

My favorite thing I heard from Sifu Jenny was to let what comes come let what goes go.

And what does she recommend to do when nothing comes and nothing goes?

Nice, I have no idea you would have to ask her.

I only saw Jenny once. It was a great experience but probably won't again. I feel like I got whatever I was supposed to get from her and it was definitely worth the trip.

Anyway, these discussions can go on forever and I think I have finally exhausted all interest in them thank God!

If you find spiritual nourishment from interacting here that's great. If you find it becomes more of a burden/drain on you and your practice to interact here you should look at that too.

I don't find it particularly helpful myself, more of a distraction from the actual doing and living of my path. I don't owe anyone here anything and frankly outside of maybe two or three people on here who I consider close lifelong friends I don't have a clue who anyone here is outside some words on the screen.

Time for me to really let go of Tao Bums, enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

I don't owe anyone here anything and frankly outside of maybe two or three people on here who I consider close lifelong friends I don't have a clue who anyone here is outside some words on the screen.

We're all one. :lol:

And what does she recommend to do when nothing comes and nothing goes?

Self inquiry. Conduct. Correctness. That is why I always begin sessions with established protocol that produces an extent of energetic coherence, and if things do not proceed correctly then it is up to me to ask myself why that is.

Thanks for stopping by, balance. :)

I have very little clue as to what RP is, but whatever you're doing, keep doing it. :)

Nice to witness when a practice resonates right through the TTBum and into the thread itself. :D

I appreciate the love, lovely. :)

Another phenomena I noticed is that when the three centers are felt to be really resonating, the body does a very slow reverse breathing naturally as your awareness is at your heart. It's very blissful.

Nothing that I've experienced, although you've been grinding with the kunlun for far longer than I have. Interesting to continually see reverse breathing connected to a spontaneous event as opposed to something intentional... It seems to me that its almost always best to allow these things emerge in our practice naturally instead of forcing them into being.

On a side note, I've enjoyed encountering some of your KL posts from years back in some of the more epic/infamous old-school kunlun posts here.

"Gender: Male"

I don't think so.

( :lol: )

you goof.

Ahhhh..Red Phoenix..

This is sort of a tricky question for me.

All of the transmissions I got from Max were powerful. But the last one I got in Hawaii was another animal.

It was/is another level of Red Phoenix 1.

Apparently, it was only taught to our group(not that we are special or anything) and we were asked to keep it to ourselves.

There is a lot I could say on it. But don't feel comfortable to do so since Max specifically asked us not to.

If there is anything for me to add after Japan I will. If not just pop in occasionally and listen to you guys.

Be well.

While I myself am aware of two different rp 1/2 permutations (although I'm sure Max has many more tailored for different groups/people) , they are still both obviously red phoenix.. Meaning that although they utilize slightly different intent/color/shape/emphasis and such, the same movements are still being utilized in both practices... That said, even though the differences between these two are minor, they change the energetic qualities of the practice significantly...

... So I suppose I'm curious if this version of RP 1 Max taught your group in Hawaii was so different as to depart from the "established" RP 1 path through the head or is just different shapes/colors/intents?

And I'm not asking for specific details about the practice that might discourage you from sharing. :)

I was only taught RP 1...Max did not teach RP 2 or 3 at the seminar I went to.

There were also no transmissions given. I was kind of disappointed by that, as I've always wanted to experience a direct energy transmission...and could definitely have used the boost!

I'm going to try keeping a little more focus on the heart during RP, I tend to forget to do that cuz the brain part is a lot of fun. ^.^

I have to admit, impatience is a flaw of mine. This is the first practice I've been taught, and the first one I've been serious about pursuing. Trying to keep my expectations and excitement down has been a bit of a challenge.

After six years of spiritual waffling about, I guess I'm just itching to have an experience outside of the mundane. :P

So many things to let go of! Hehehe...

Last October, Max said he wasn't giving any more transmissions. Said it was important for students to earn "some of these things" themselves. And while it is a little disappointing not to receive something like that when you're expecting to, it's also massively important to remember/consider that the practices that Max gave us are designed to empower each of us fully... they are meant to make us self-sufficient so that we needn't look to anyone but ourselves for progress. Max has said before that its important for us to look at ourselves as an Indiana Jones of the internal... Be fearless, adventurous and playful (sincere!) in the pursuit of your practices. :)

And I'd be wary about lusting after "experience outside of the mundane" ... If only because it's unfair to these practices to always be expecting something spectacular-- it's enough to know that they will change you through sincere practice....

.... it also seems better to open up gently/slowly so that you have an easier time integrating these changes into your life... violent/aggressive openings are so cliche. :lol:

best.

balance.

balance.

I can't talk about it since Max said not to. He taught us a couple really cool practices and asked us to keep it to ourselves. They are variations of the basic practices but taken deeper.

The way I look at it, it's not that I got something no one else got. But each time I saw Max I just trusted he would help me with what I needed to go a little deeper.

Suffice to say, I never felt at all disappointed from any of my classes with Max.

I am looking at my class with Kan San next week as sort of my capstone Kunlun course. I am hoping it's the last time I will need to see any teacher for spiritual teachings. I have been running around all over the place and internet forums for almost 14 years. My cup is already been filled to the brim. I don't need more and more and more but less and less.

That is another reason I want to take a good break from posting here. It adds so much more unneeded stuff to my mind every time I come here(with some real helpful gems occasionally thrown in)

Best wishes from China and in your spiritual practices.

Edited by Cameron
  • Like 1

I can't talk about it since Max said not to. He taught us a couple really cool practices and asked us to keep it to ourselves. They are variations of the basic practices but taken deeper.

One day...

"Hey Max! I gave that practice to anybody who asked! ... Greetings from Jenny! Haaaaaaarharharharhaaar!" :lol:

And I didn't even visit drama school. :D

(with some real helpful gems occasionally thrown in)

This place would be comparatively empty if it werent for 'em :D

• Like 1

Last October, Max said he wasn't giving any more transmissions. Said it was important for students to earn "some of these things" themselves. And while it is a little disappointing not to receive something like that when you're expecting to, it's also massively important to remember/consider that the practices that Max gave us are designed to empower each of us fully... they are meant to make us self-sufficient so that we needn't look to anyone but ourselves for progress. Max has said before that its important for us to look at ourselves as an Indiana Jones of the internal... Be fearless, adventurous and playful (sincere!) in the pursuit of your practices. :)

And I'd be wary about lusting after "experience outside of the mundane" ... If only because it's unfair to these practices to always be expecting something spectacular-- it's enough to know that they will change you through sincere practice....

.... it also seems better to open up gently/slowly so that you have an easier time integrating these changes into your life... violent/aggressive openings are so cliche. :lol:

best.

balance.

balance.

Hi balance!

Yes, I understand Max's reasoning behind not giving the transmissions anymore...it's just something I've always wanted to experience.

When I said "So many things to let go of!" that's one thing I was referring to. Because of past patterns of thought and being, I tend to have a very hard time with cynicism and skepticism. It's not that I expect or desire a constant stream of awesome/spectacular from my practices, but I have often wished for one of those paradigm-shifting events to help combat the clouds of doubt.

Fortunately there's enough within the practices themselves to keep me going for now...like I said, patience is one of the things I need to work on cultivating. :P

Hmm..

Tao Hongjing the founder of the Shangging sect it is said his mother dreamed of a blueish dragon before he was born.

"When his mother was expecting Hongjing, she dreamed of a bluish dragon in her belly and at the same time, of two Gods descending from Heaven with incense burners in their hands. When she awoke from her dreams, his mother told those around her that she would have a boy, but the boy would not be an ordinary, everyday person."

http://www.clearharmony.net/articles/a8536-Ancient-Cultivation-Stories-Tao-Hongjing.html#.Wq6omKjwbIU

Still looking for a direct connection to the yellow emperor.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, Purple Gold Qilin said:

When you speak of golden dragon your really speaking of the yellow emperor

What's your source for this?

I have no idea about the historical use of the terminology.

Really appreciate you...that dao wiki is great, never looked at it until now.

About yellow dragon versus gold dragon...two different words, huang 黄 vs jin 金. But maybe Max's phrase does refer back to the yellow dragon...I have no clue.

I had meditated on the response about this and have now attained Blue Dragon..

Endless love like an ocean.. Boundless preeminence with wicked putrifaction..

The honesty of the world becomes me.. and only the sky is more decored than me.. faux is not without wit.. but the truth is most penchance!

• Like 1