Sign in to follow this  
madMUHHH

Hi there!

Hi there,

I'm new here (obviously), so for anyone interested, here are some more or less interesting facts about me:

Who are you? My name is Matthias, I'm 20 years old, male and from Germany. Also, I've just recently started studying cognitive sciences.

madMUHHH, what kinda nickname is that? Atmittedly a very silly one. But then again I'm a very silly person, so I guess that's okay. It's just the internet nickname I chose when I was 12 or so and it stuck with me until then. I've always though about getting a new one, that's really awesome and totally fits me, but I haven't been struck by any flashes of inspiration yet, so I once again settled with this nickname. (MUHHH os the German equivalent to MOOO, btw).

What kind of cultivation techniques do you practice? I probably should add, that I'm a long-time (well more or less) reader of Drew Hempel's blog, so a lot of my practices/beliefs have been inspired by that. What I'm doing right now is mostly some hang zhuang stances, the SFQ small universe meditation, a bit of full lotus meditation (as much as my flexbility allows me to do) and some SFQ level 1 exercises every now and then.

Why are you here? Why not? It seems like a good place to gather more information and to actually communicate with other people who are cultivating, there aren't really that much of us out there, so I'm very glad this message board exists.

Okay, that's more than enough already.

Peace.

• Like 1

Where are you studying Cognitive Science? That's a mighty interesting subject, especially where it intersects with Buddhist and Taoist cultivation techniques.

Where are you studying Cognitive Science? That's a mighty interesting subject, especially where it intersects with Buddhist and Taoist cultivation techniques.

I'm studying in Tübingen. There actually are only two and a half placed where you can study cognitive science in Germany righ now, as it is fairly new here.

And yeah, my main reason for studying this is that I hope that I'll can somehow help build a bridge between Eastern philosophy and cultivation and Western scientific research on consciousness and similar affairs. But then again, I probably would have chosen to study this even if I had not gotten in touch with Eastern philosophy.

Edited by madMUHHH

Sign in to follow this