Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Body Buddha Mind

Has anyone used a Ghost or Spirit Box?

Has anyone ever used one of these I been watching some Ghost hunter clip and other paranormal on youtube, just want to know if anyone has ever experienced this where you listen and ask questions and the voices of spirits / entities talk back?

If so do you think that can you bring these spirits into your house or yourself by using one? My friend at work has one and uses it, but Im not sure about these things?

Sifu Garry

I would not dare to invite entities anywhere! I have already dealt with the uninvited ones more than I've wanted to, Gary~ haha!!❤

• Like 2

Spirits are quite a danger to use. When the spirit incorporates it trades energy for information. That's how so many masters have a great influence over they're disciples they use spirits. Most vampire of energies are done with spirits. They have the ability to channel energy out of people, open holes in other people auras to get that energy out of them. If i where you i get my self away from any spirit practices at all. Although you might have an energetic level that means nothing to spirits, besides they can start manipulating your mind in order to get you down at an emotional level to increase they're influence over you. To be near people that use spirits i advise you develop your will, once they are inside if you a susceptible person, they can make a huge damage.

Although you can use them for several things, they consume your own energy, soon enough you will be tempted to drain others energy to compensate for the leakage.

And be aware of masters and spiritual leaders they might not be exactly what they say they are. If they are truly pure why are they around people trying to get stuff out of them? Open your eyes and you will see the truth.

Jesus of Nazareth: a true spiritual person, gives its meal to others, the last 2 fishes and breath. If he truly loves he gives and not takes. Spiritual masters come to our events to receive? How do i speak to a spiritual master that came to my house to take back?

Best wishes, use common sense

• Like 1

I would have to suggest that you do not go looking for ghosts or try to talk to spirits, both are incredibly dangerous. Leave this sort of thing to the monks and other professionals that are trained to deal with these types of entities compassionately, in the end you may be causing more harm than good out of your curiosity, not only to yourself, but to the spirit as well.

Also keep in mind that my own personal belief is that the ghost box or spirit box is a load of horse pooey, simply because the way it works is that it uses RF frequencies to contact spirits, however, it does this by randomly scanning through those frequencies until it finds a "message". Now even the spirit/ghost hunters are aware that much of what they receive (I would say all) is actually just random ambient noises, that have nothing at all to do with spirits. It is nice if you have someone gullible around that will fall for it. Hmm... now where did I put my RF Transmitter? Bob you go take that spirit box into the client's home, I'll take care of the "spirit talking". See what I mean?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

It's not uncommon in Thailand to have a Buddhist priest bring a child spirit called a Guman into a home.

The Guman (male) or Gumanri (female) child spirit brings good luck.

Note a Guman is *not* a ghost, as it never was in human form. It's a playful spirit.

While they bring good luck, they are also notoriously mischevious. :lol:

I have a friend who had a priest bring one into his home, and it did bring him good luck.

After a few years though, he asked the priest to come take the Guman back, because he had had his run of good luck as his business had prospered, but the Guman was very mischevious, especially with visitors to the home. Also, the Guman does need to be attended to daily, much like a child.

So, not sure what kind of spirit you are considering, but the Guman is at least one instance of a type of spirit that's pretty innocuous, albeit a bit like a naughty child.

Hi Sifu Garry :)

I haven't used one of those boxes. I haven't even heard of one till now. But it is similar to some rituals from a long time back where we used old televisions sets, tuned to the fuzz channel as a way for the Invoked entity to show itself...

All I am going to say about the actual experiences is that they were very interesting and worth doing a few times.

But, all in all I prefer to have my ritual space clear of technology, and good old fashion evocation when done right, should evoke to visual or at least very strongly 'felt' or 'intuited' manifestation...

And to the 'Nay Sayers' on this subject, my take is that people should follow themselves when it comes to spiritual or psychic pursuits, not the fears of others. What does it matter if one gets ones fingers burnt? That is part of the learning process. I got my fingers burnt in these realms, many many times, and I deeply value each experience.

I now know first hand, how spirits interact with the energetic body's, how possession takes place, how to detect vampiric presences, and how to not be Influenced by such beings.

Also another benefit of working directly with the spirit world, is that one day we are going to be spirits ourselves. The transition over will be much easier for one that is already highly familiar with that realm, than for one who doesn't know the first thing about it...

That said, If a person really had very little interest in their path and in deep understanding, and just decided to explore on a whim, I would advise caution. that kind of person may burn their fingers, and never have the drive or Interest, to overcome the consequences.

That could be directly detrimental to the rest of their lives...

[but I don't think we need to worry about that with Sifu Garry]

But it also could be the catapult required to launch them out of their boring mundane mindset...

So who am I to say...?

To the Mastery of all Inner Sciences!

Seth Ananda.

Edited by Seth Ananda

Hi Sifu Garry :)

I haven't used one of those boxes. I haven't even heard of one till now. But it is similar to some rituals from a long time back where we used old televisions set to the fuzz channel as a way for the Invoked entity to show itself...

All I am going to say about the actual experiences is that they were very interesting and worth doing a few times.

But, all in all I prefer to have my ritual space clear of technology, and good old fashion evocation when done right, should evoke to visual or at least very strongly 'felt' or 'intuited' manifestation...

And to the 'Nay Sayers' on this subject, my take is that people should follow themselves when it comes to spiritual or psychic pursuits, not the fears of others. What does it matter if one gets ones fingers burnt? That is part of the learning process. I got my fingers burnt in these realms, many many times, and I deeply value each experience.

I now know first hand, how spirits interact with the energetic body's, how possession takes place, how to detect vampiric presences, and how to not be Influenced by such beings.

Also another benefit of working directly with the spirit world, is that one day we are going to be spirits ourselves. The transition over will be much easier for one that is already highly familiar with that realm, than for one who doesn't know the first thing about it...

That said, If a person really had very little interest in their path and in deep understanding, and just decided to explore on a whim, I would advise caution. that kind of person may burn their fingers, and never have the drive or Interest, to overcome the consequences.

That could be directly detrimental to the rest of their lives...

[but I don't think we need to worry about that with Sifu Garry]

But it also could be the catapult required to launch them out of their boring mundane mindset...

So who am I to say...?

To the Mastery of all Inner Sciences!

Seth Ananda.

A ghost pushed my father's hand into a saw, resulting in him loosing the tips of his fingers. I'm not making this up, it actually happened, which is why I say, approach with caution and let the professionals deal with these types of things. Spirits can do more than just burn your spiritual fingers, they can push you down the stairs and take on physical manifestations to harm you.

In my opinion (and from my own experience with the spiritual world,) this is like telling someone who wants to learn to start a fire, that they need to douse the wood with kerosene first. Oh, have I mentioned my childhood friend who was using a ouija board to contact the spirit world and ended up insane. After twenty-five years she's still in a Psych Hospital. This crap isn't something to dabble in or try out of curiosity. Very bad advice in my opinion.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Personally I wouldn't. There's more than enough BS on TV in the first place:-)

Seriously though. I don't agree with playing around with multiple dimensions. There's more than enough playing going on already and not all of it desireable IMO. I also disagree that our mundane world needs it. There's more than enough magic here:-)

As for fear, why yes, things like that don't strike me as being a whole bunch of laughs. Besides, serious cultivation is quite the trip all by itself IME.

A ghost pushed my father's hand into a saw, resulting in him loosing the tips of his fingers. I'm not making this up, it actually happened, which is why I say, approach with caution and let the professionals deal with these types of things. Spirits can do more than just burn your spiritual fingers, they can push you down the stairs and take on physical manifestations to harm you.

Sure, and a spirit saved my life by pushing me back from the path of a speeding car. I never said they were not potentially dangerous. Should we ban kids from climbing tree's just because occasionally one falls to his death?

If that is your stance on living, what about driving a car? Very dangerous...

If as many people met the spirit world as those that drive, Driving would win hands down for the most dangerous past time... lol.

And if everyone took your advice there would be no professionals in dealing with the spirit world. A master began as a beginner, and there is no other way to learn.

In my opinion (and from my own experience with the spiritual world,) this is like telling someone who wants to learn to start a fire, that they need to douse the wood with kerosene first. Oh, have I mentioned my childhood friend who was using a ouija board to contact the spirit world and ended up insane. After twenty-five years she's still in a Psych Hospital. This crap isn't something to dabble in or try out of curiosity. Very bad advice in my opinion.

Aaron

You friend is probably one of those unfortunate cases that had a predisposition towards Mental health Issues. There will always be these sad cases, but it is impossible to know the exact circumstances. For Instance did the Interaction with the spirit trigger the latent condition, or did having already blurry edges lead to becoming very curious about the spirit side?

And there are ways to help such people. Also these people are potentially the professionals you mention earlier, - when they have passed through the trials and crisis you mention earlier.

I think we have a mental health crisis in the west, and much of that has a spiritual dimension too it, and we have a serious lack of professionals capable of dealing with those problems.

Unless people who are interested in Spirit start diving in and exploring one of the most fascinating areas of being alive, we will never have the numbers to help people stuck in situations like your friend.

Blessings.

Seth Ananda.

• Like 3

Seriously though. I don't agree with playing around with multiple dimensions. There's more than enough playing going on already and not all of it desireable IMO. I also disagree that our mundane world needs it. There's more than enough magic here:-)

I totally disagree. Our mundane world needs it because so many people suffer from crisis involving that dimension. Thus there must be sciences teaching people how to interact with it...

and multi dimensions are good for us, they stop us getting to fixed :)

• Like 1

Sure, and a spirit saved my life by pushing me back from the path of a speeding car. I never said they were not potentially dangerous. Should we ban kids from climbing tree's just because occasionally one falls to his death?

If that is your stance on living, what about driving a car? Very dangerous...

If as many people met the spirit world as those that drive, Driving would win hands down for the most dangerous past time... lol.

And if everyone took your advice there would be no professionals in dealing with the spirit world. A master began as a beginner, and there is no other way to learn.

You friend is probably one of those unfortunate cases that had a predisposition towards Mental health Issues. There will always be these sad cases, but it is impossible to know the exact circumstances. For Instance did the Interaction with the spirit trigger the latent condition, or did having already blurry edges lead to becoming very curious about the spirit side?

And there are ways to help such people. Also these people are potentially the professionals you mention earlier, - when they have passed through the trials and crisis you mention earlier.

I think we have a mental health crisis in the west, and much of that has a spiritual dimension too it, and we have a serious lack of professionals capable of dealing with those problems.

Unless people who are interested in Spirit start diving in and exploring one of the most fascinating areas of being alive, we will never have the numbers to help people stuck in situations like your friend.

Blessings.

Seth Ananda.

Hello Seth,

Did a spirit actually push you back from a speeding car or was that you being sarcastic? I can never tell. Anyways, I know what you're saying and at one time, when there was no one that actually knew what to do in regards to these phenomena, then I would say, yes we need to explore, but nowadays I have to say that it is best to leave this kind of stuff to the experts.

To be honest, I've never understood the fascination. If you ever have to deal with malevolent spirits, I think your fascination will vanish like cold water in a hot frying pan. Are there beneficial spirits? Yes. I've seen them and felt them, but with the effort it takes to find them, there seems to be far more risk involved than outweighs the benefits.

In regards to climbing trees, I think most parents in the states don't allow their children to climb trees for the very reason you've mentioned. And think about it, twenty years ago we gave BB guns to eight year olds and told them to go play, you would never do that nowadays. Same thing goes for riding bicycles without helmets. I do however understand your analogy, I just still disagree.

As an aside, my friend was stable to the best of my knowledge. She tried her hand at black magic and tried summoning a spirit/demon through the ouija board and ended up contacting something that literally drove her crazy. I talked to my brother about her tonight and I was wrong, apparently she died of a heroine overdose. He said that there were two people involved that night and that the second person was a friend staying the night. That girl claimed to not remember anything that took place (as in amnesia). Regardless it was all very disturbing and I could care less what her mental state was, if she hadn't fooled around with that stuff, she wouldn't have had to suffer from the experience.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Hello Seth,

Did a spirit actually push you back from a speeding car or was that you being sarcastic? I can never tell.

Yes it actually happened, not being sarcastic.

Anyways, I know what you're saying and at one time, when there was no one that actually knew what to do in regards to these phenomena, then I would say, yes we need to explore, but nowadays I have to say that it is best to leave this kind of stuff to the experts.

But here you are, telling potential future experts {beginners} to stay away from the field. What do want all expertise in this area to disappear? Because if each generation does not produce its experts, that is exactly what will happen...

To be honest, I've never understood the fascination. If you ever have to deal with malevolent spirits, I think your fascination will vanish like cold water in a hot frying pan.

Sure this path is not for everyone. When meeting the extreme psychic toxicity of malevolent entities, many feel that they would like to curl up and die of fright. But for a true explorer, These interactions are major stepping stones in development and understanding.

Some of my greatest learning's come from these exact experiences. And I will never regret having had them.

For one, it is only through having these experiences that one can loose all fear of these entities, and become sort of 'Immunised' against their Influence. They really do not disturb me in the slightest any more. You learn to, {to quote Taomeow, sorry If I got it wrong Taomeow} "Stare the devil in the eye, and make him blink!"

In other words, you learn to Look what scares you right in the face, and that is a supreme skill for many aspects of ones life.

In regards to climbing trees, I think most parents in the states don't allow their children to climb trees for the very reason you've mentioned. And think about it, twenty years ago we gave BB guns to eight year olds and told them to go play, you would never do that nowadays. Same thing goes for riding bicycles without helmets. I do however understand your analogy, I just still disagree.

Boring! Boring! Boring! And so white middle class. eeww, makes me want to puke! lol.

I grew up in the country climbing trees, scaling cliffs, and hunting, and it was the best! So much fun!

When I see kids of today spending all their time in front of a play station, because the local council has made a state wide ban on tree climbing, because they are so afraid of being sued... well I just get really mad.

I think of all the bland conservatives at their desks, terrified of the possibility that someone somewhere is having any fun or feeling really really alive, and coming up with new ways to dampen the spirit of the young...

Well from now on twinner when I think of these things i am going to think of you, and someone somewhere may hear an impotent voice, fist shaking at the sky, shouting "Damn you twinner! Damn you! this is all your fault!!!..." :P

As an aside, my friend was stable to the best of my knowledge. She tried her hand at black magic and tried summoning a spirit/demon through the ouija board and ended up contacting something that literally drove her crazy. I talked to my brother about her tonight and I was wrong, apparently she died of a heroine overdose. He said that there were two people involved that night and that the second person was a friend staying the night. That girl claimed to not remember anything that took place (as in amnesia). Regardless it was all very disturbing and I could care less what her mental state was, if she hadn't fooled around with that stuff, she wouldn't have had to suffer from the experience.

Aaron

As I said you really can't know the details in a sad situation like this.

You 'think' or 'believe' she was fine, but people can be very good at hiding mental Illness symptoms. And was she also using other drugs at the time? A very large percentage of psychotic episode's begin with drug taking, especially for teens.

And when one is talking mental illness, it often engenders a belief in the supernatural, as many of its experiences give one a direct taste of, out of this world.

But all this talk about saftey is important. I do believe if someone shows genuine interest in the spiritual worlds, which often start with some dabbling, [just to see if there really is some reality to such things] then that person would be wise to seek out proper training.

I myself did exactly that, and was lucky to find great teachings and teachers.

I joined Magical Lodges, Witch cults, studied and practised various traditions of Shamanism under different teachers, learned the skills of exorcism and pact making, how to interact and Influence...

I had such wonderful experiences as well as some of the most ghastly soul shredding encounters that sometimes left me with my sanity no longer completely intact...

And you know what? i can't imagine a better way to have spent the last 20 years, and every minute was absolutely and completely worth it.

I sometimes feel so happy for having found this life that I feel like I might burst at the seems.

I feel deeply sorry for the bland, the conservatives, the chronically cautious and the plain old cowardly souls that inhabit my earth with me.

They spend their little grey lives neatly packaged away, nursing their small private pleasures, their alcoholism or drug addictions, their porn fetishes, begging for safety the way a sadist begs for the whip.

They will never know what it feels like to take possession of an animal and run through the Forrest at night [not in some pansy guided visualisation], To become ecstatically One with a powerful ancient God and gain a new set of abilities..., to literally see multiple universes and select the most suitable ones for what one needs, to disappear from one place and reappear somewhere else, to be in two places at once, to battle spirits - and win, to be part of healing impossible conditions, to summon demons, to use ones 'Knowing' to do things one could never normally do, to 'see' how the nature spirits Intersect with out physical world in their stunning beauty and how the subtler levels intersect with them...

And to be shaken to ones core so deeply that it takes a few years to reintegrate, but find that when that is over one is better than ever before...

Utterly Worthwhile, and I probably only mentioned the tiniest fraction of what I have gone through... :wub:

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 1

I sometimes feel so happy for having found this life that I feel like I might burst at the seems.

Nothing useful to add here - just wanted to say that I love the image of 'bursting at the seems'

Cheers

Rob

The Guman (male) or Gumanri (female) went to Jesus and told him we give you all the property in the world, he wisely declined. Property at the cost of your health?

Look at Steve Jobs, plenty of prosperity but where is he now? What good is property at the cost of your heath?

Stay away from any kind of realm, or spirits, that is just tricks to pull you there, so they can increase they're influence over you.

There isn't much difference from being possessed and incorporate a spirit, in one case you accept the presence of the spirit and in the other case you don't accept. There is no, "I'm in control of a spirit", is just there manipulating your mind, melting with you. Until he reach a great influence, at that point you can no longer determinate what is you or what is the spirit. Sure he will give you property, all the stuff that you wish, more you have, the more he melts with you. And less you will be in control of your life, more you will be manipulated.

For what purpose? I don't know exactly why they do this, why they don't have a body of there own? Maybe they misused what God gave them and they got this huge amount of Karma. They will need to wait hundreds of years just to incorporate again. They prefer to shorten the waiting time and possess bodys to have a life again. This is just a guess, the why is beyond my knowledge.

Some people have a stronger will, they will be more resilient to this manipulating, but in the end they will be like any one else, a human body with a broken will. When your will is broken, people will abuse you easily, they laugh at your face, you will have no respect at all, no health, no prosperity, no dignity, no determination, no future.

Broken will, happen when, the level of manipulation is so great that all your energy is consumed by the spirit, you will have none left to do your life.

You don't believe my word? Look at the documented cases of extreme spirit possession where mind manipulation, reached the level of broken will. People will just stay there, looking at you all day long, with no energy to do any thing. If they haven't diseases, why don't they do any stuff? The spirit is consuming it all. For what purpose? I don't know.

Edited by settler
  • Like 1

I totally disagree. Our mundane world needs it because so many people suffer from crisis involving that dimension. Thus there must be sciences teaching people how to interact with it...

and multi dimensions are good for us, they stop us getting to fixed :)

Seth, please explain how "that dimension" is involved in people's crises.

After reading your account below, it does seem that you are advocating learning with a teacher.

Of course if people restrict themselves to the mundane then they'll get served the mundane. We crush people's imagination and interfere in their relationship with other dimensions on a pretty consistent basis. However, I don't share your gung-ho with respect to spirit/human interactions. If you can imagine that a guided visualisation might be the first time that a person has been encouraged to look within in decades then you can understand my concern. I'm not advocating helicopter parenting in any terms but IMO it's no good people doing this stuff if they end up injured or insane (I don't mean "relatively insane with respect to the mundane" I mean actually as a casualty of this stuff).

I would never mess around with summoning and the like by myself, you don't know what you're doing really, what you're inviting. Not worth the risk.

IMO this sort of realm is where you really need to learn it from a teacher, much more so than a lot of other spiritual pursuits.

Seth, please explain how "that dimension" is involved in people's crises.

After reading your account below, it does seem that you are advocating learning with a teacher.

Of course if people restrict themselves to the mundane then they'll get served the mundane. We crush people's imagination and interfere in their relationship with other dimensions on a pretty consistent basis. However, I don't share your gung-ho with respect to spirit/human interactions. If you can imagine that a guided visualisation might be the first time that a person has been encouraged to look within in decades then you can understand my concern. I'm not advocating helicopter parenting in any terms but IMO it's no good people doing this stuff if they end up injured or insane (I don't mean "relatively insane with respect to the mundane" I mean actually as a casualty of this stuff).

By "that dimension" i mean many of the mental health issues in the schizo/psychotic/bipolar/disassociated spectrum where people with 'blury' internal boundaries or edges bleed through into ambiguous astral and spiritual realms, and do not know how to Integrate or even simply understand their experiences.

And as I said, exploring these realms may be dangerous occasionally, but less so than driving a car. Should we all stop driving because occasionally there is a tragic accident?

But unlike driving a car these Interactions teach you amazing things about the various levels within oneself {unless of course one is driving to meet up with Tao Bums friends :) }.

Stay away from any kind of realm, or spirits, that is just tricks to pull you there, so they can increase they're influence over you.

There isn't much difference from being possessed and incorporate a spirit, in one case you accept the presence of the spirit and in the other case you don't accept. There is no, "I'm in control of a spirit", is just there manipulating your mind, melting with you. Until he reach a great influence, at that point you can no longer determinate what is you or what is the spirit. Sure he will give you property, all the stuff that you wish, more you have, the more he melts with you. And less you will be in control of your life, more you will be manipulated.

For what purpose? I don't know exactly why they do this, why they don't have a body of there own? Maybe they misused what God gave them and they got this huge amount of Karma. They will need to wait hundreds of years just to incorporate again. They prefer to shorten the waiting time and possess bodys to have a life again. This is just a guess, the why is beyond my knowledge.

Some people have a stronger will, they will be more resilient to this manipulating, but in the end they will be like any one else, a human body with a broken will. When your will is broken, people will abuse you easily, they laugh at your face, you will have no respect at all, no health, no prosperity, no dignity, no determination, no future.

Broken will, happen when, the level of manipulation is so great that all your energy is consumed by the spirit, you will have none left to do your life.

You don't believe my word? Look at the documented cases of extreme spirit possession where mind manipulation, reached the level of broken will. People will just stay there, looking at you all day long, with no energy to do any thing. If they haven't diseases, why don't they do any stuff? The spirit is consuming it all. For what purpose? I don't know.

I am sorry but you really have no idea what you are talking about. All you have is a bunch of beliefs and dogma's and false conclusions. Where is the speaking from experience, and then the questioning of how one interprets those experiences?

Nearly every great Tradition in the world has spirit Interaction as an important part of it. It was considered one of the great Sciences. Just because the Christian world banned it, and then everyone got the heebyJeebys about the subject, does not mean that it is not an amazing path of development.

Look at Theurgy, which is one of the three most Important branches of Hermetic science. Over its course, one invokes the lowliest spirits right through to the highest beings Imaginable, and at each stage, one learns about the level of themselves that resonates with the level of the being they Interact with...

Christ would have received such training, as Kabbalah, and the Essenes were both Highly Influenced by the Hermetic religion.

Blessings :)

• Like 1

Boring! Boring! Boring!

Experimentation is one of the main reasons i've had many amazing experiences. Never be afraid to explore. Dimensions, spirits, past lives. Amazing stuff. Mind blowing and thank god it's part of our human experience.

many thanks to those higher beings who like to play.

• Like 1

The Guman (male) or Gumanri (female) went to Jesus and told him we give you all the property in the world, he wisely declined. Property at the cost of your health?

Settler - I understand your context, but in this case it does not happen to be correct. Remember the part about Gumans being spirits that are playful and are usually found in Buddhist temples? You (I believe) acknowledeged that there is such a thing as a beneficial spirit. The Guman's are just that.

There is no bargaining done with a Guman or Gumanri. There is no offer of something in return for something. The Gumans are beneficial and they attract good energy. There is no guarantee of good luck if someone brings a Guman into their home, but the good energy they bring often brings about good luck.

That's very different than a bargaining spirit, which is what you alluded to in your quote about the temptation of Jesus. You extracted from an example of Satan tempting Jesus, and I think we would all agree that barganing with Satan is not a good idea. That said, that example simply doesn't fit the Guman.

There is a spirit very famous inside of Thailand, located in Bangkok called the Pra Prom (you can google it) that people sometimes bargain with. Most do not bargain with it, but do pay it a tremendous amount of respect, bringing flowers, etc. While the Pra Prom is considered a "good" spirit it is *not* wise to bargain with it. In Bangkok you can hear story after story of those that did bargain with the Pra Prom and offered up more from their side of the bargain than they could deliver. In other words, there are many cases where the Pra Prom delivered, but the person making the bargain did not. Since they didn't deliver their side of the bargain, then well, let's just say they realized some non-desireable results.

Still, no one calls the Pra Prom a bad spirit. It's very powerful, yes. The majority of people who visit the Pra Prom bring gifts of flowers, burn incense to honor it, etc. But at the same time, no one recommends bargaining with it.

At the end of the day, I agree with you that no one should bargain with spirits. But I can't agree to categorically consider all spirits bad. That's simply not the case.

Edited by Fu_dog
  • Like 3

Settler - I understand your context, but in this case it does not happen to be correct. Remember the part about Gumans being spirits that are playful and are usually found in Buddhist temples? You (I believe) acknowledeged that there is such a thing as a beneficial spirit. The Guman's are just that.

There is no bargaining done with a Guman or Gumanri. There is no offer of something in return for something. The Gumans are beneficial and they attract good energy. There is no guarantee of good luck if someone brings a Guman into their home, but the good energy they bring often brings about good luck.

That's very different than a bargaining spirit, which is what you alluded to in your quote about the temptation of Jesus. You extracted from an example of Satan tempting Jesus, and I think we would all agree that barganing with Satan is not a good idea. That said, that example simply doesn't fit the Guman.

There is a spirit very famous inside of Thailand, located in Bangkok called the Pra Prom (you can google it) that people sometimes bargain with. Most do not bargain with it, but do pay it a tremendous amount of respect, bringing flowers, etc. While the Pra Prom is considered a "good" spirit it is *not* wise to bargain with it. In Bangkok you can hear story after story of those that did bargain with the Pra Prom and offered up more from their side of the bargain than they could deliver. In other words, there are many cases where the Pra Prom delivered, but the person making the bargain did not. Since they didn't deliver their side of the bargain, then well, let's just say they realized some non-desireable results.

Still, no one calls the Pra Prom a bad spirit. It's very powerful, yes. The majority of people who visit the Pra Prom bring gifts of flowers, burn incense to honor it, etc. But at the same time, no one recommends bargaining with it.

At the end of the day, I agree with you that no one should bargain with spirits. But I can't agree to categorically consider all spirits bad. That's simply not the case.

I find all of this very interesting. I've heard of Thai ladies using black magic to attract their lovers.

By "that dimension" i mean many of the mental health issues in the schizo/psychotic/bipolar/disassociated spectrum where people with 'blury' internal boundaries or edges bleed through into ambiguous astral and spiritual realms, and do not know how to Integrate or even simply understand their experiences.

And as I said, exploring these realms may be dangerous occasionally, but less so than driving a car. Should we all stop driving because occasionally there is a tragic accident?

But unlike driving a car these Interactions teach you amazing things about the various levels within oneself {unless of course one is driving to meet up with Tao Bums friends :) }.

Well, it's sort of begging the question a bit and I apologise for that but what I want to point to is "how" did/do people get to where they can't understand or integrate these experiences? What if we started out with a kindlier approach? What seems insane to me is we seem to have cultivated this huge repository of fantasy "outside" of ourselves to get involved with (movies, books etc) and ironically ultimately interact with (avatars) and then we call someone who meets similar entities by themselves in a non-mediated encounter nuts. Hehehe, I'd look again at some of those elves people think they made up:-)

Sign in to follow this