Sign in to follow this  
al.

9 Star Ki & Taoist Astrology

Hi all,

Has anyone experience with this system and care to share any thoughts?

I've been looking into this and similar systems and have a question maybe someone could help me with:

Often the date and time of birth is used to give insight into a person's character and destiny. Somewhere along the line this process has been adapted to using the western calendar to calculate this, e.g, someone is born in 1952- year of the dog, in april- month of the tiger, on the 21st day- day of the pig, at the 10th hour- hour of the dragon. It's of course very possible to just match the times of the western calendar with the eastern traditional calendar.

However, where I'm confused is how it is possible to use the method of adding the last two digits of the DOB and obtaining the same reading as one would using the traditional calendar, e.g, 1952= 5+2= 7, etc.

Any ideas?

You will probably need to ask a real astrologer, al. I used to have a good book about this, but I gave it away. It was a square shaped book, not too big but 35mm thick or so. I'm a lot of help, huh?!!❤

hmm it seems to me that you have a few misconceptions about astrology and numerology

astrology is not a mystic art

it is a cold hard science of observation and documentation

the locations of the planets are documented alongside earthly events, and the patterns soon become obvious

western astrology is completely different from chinese astrology, the former did not evolve from the latter

i wish i knew the chinese system half as well as i know the western, as i could then be of better help in this instance

as for numerology, one does not take only the last two digits of the year of birth, but adds the entire birth date numbers together e.g. 11/13/73 1+1+1+3+7+3=16 1+6=7

hope this helps

• Like 1

hmm it seems to me that you have a few misconceptions about astrology and numerology

astrology is not a mystic art

it is a cold hard science of observation and documentation

the locations of the planets are documented alongside earthly events, and the patterns soon become obvious

western astrology is completely different from chinese astrology, the former did not evolve from the latter

i wish i knew the chinese system half as well as i know the western, as i could then be of better help in this instance

as for numerology, one does not take only the last two digits of the year of birth, but adds the entire birth date numbers together e.g. 11/13/73 1+1+1+3+7+3=16 1+6=7

hope this helps

yep, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to astrology and not great at math either, although i do love numbers!

I didn't realise that western systems of astrology add the numbers together too, this is interesting. It's also what essentially where I get stuck- why do some people use their western birth numbers in eastern systems? I guess one would have to have a strong grip in different calendar systems to understand this...

Would you say there is no mystical element to astrology whatsoever then? Certainly mainstream magazine horoscopes depict it as 'mystical' and it generally has a lack of credibility due to this mystical association. However, the patterns which emerge from observation of the skies do not become apparent very readily. (not the small day/night/week/month patterns but the big patterns. It seems these big patterns take lifetimes to grasp and generations to document. This puts us face-to-face with the big mystery... so surely there is actually a mystical aspect to astrology- not in any derogatory sense but in the sheer expansiveness of thinking it takes to comprehend such patterns..

• Like 1

I didn't realise that western systems of astrology add the numbers together too

they don't... astrology and numerology are two different things

they can and do shed light on similar archetypal patterns, to be sure, but one does not include the other, at least not in my understanding

why do some people use their western birth numbers in eastern systems?

because the website they used likely has a conversion calculator translating the date to eastern calendar

Would you say there is no mystical element to astrology whatsoever then?

well...not exactly : P

Certainly mainstream magazine horoscopes depict it as 'mystical' and it generally has a lack of credibility due to this mystical association.

yes and this is the type of over-generalized understanding that i seek to shift into a more comprehensive and holistic way of thought, by observing that:

... the patterns which emerge from observation of the skies do not become apparent very readily -- not the small day/night/week/month patterns but the big patterns. It seems these big patterns take lifetimes to grasp and generations to document. This puts us face-to-face with the big mystery... so surely there is actually a mystical aspect to astrology- not in any derogatory sense but in the sheer expansiveness of thinking it takes to comprehend such patterns

yes, this is exactly what the mystical aspect of astrology would be -- the intuitive understanding of our connection to our environment(the Universe)

keep in mind that astrology happens in the human mind, based on our observations of our reality;

the patterns that the planets illustrate are exactly the same archetypal patterns of the human creature(as above so below)

this is where potential connections with numerology and other systems of astrology will arise

we're all viewing the same Reality from differing perspectives, and these systems of analysis are filters through which we can gain logical understanding, on our path of liberation

a truly liberated being has no need for these systems, they rest in a 'higher' unitive awareness all the time

-

you ask good questions : )

~

Sign in to follow this