Cameron

Do Ya'll guys drink?

I really question that snippet which says alcohol connects you to the divine.

You don't feel like a god when you have a drink?... or like a dog if you have too many :lol:

I feel it's all about balance.

today i traded for (acquired) a bottle of quinine whiskey. seems like it could be a useful product.B)

anyways i will be researching about quinine for a bit before any sipping.

today i traded for (acquired) a bottle of quinine whiskey. seems like it could be a useful product.B)

anyways i will be researching about quinine for a bit before any sipping.

Can treat malaria, induce spontaneous abortion, and cause temporary deafness -- which of these effects are you looking for? :)

• Like 1

and cause temporary deafness

I think I'm doing that with my music projects!

Tried some Zubrowka (Polish vodka flavored with bison grass) that was quite nice.

Can treat malaria, induce spontaneous abortion, and cause temporary deafness -- which of these effects are you looking for? :)

:lol: hmmm, maybe i have acquired it for the benefit of another? it can stay on the shelf awhile until needed.and to think i traded some good ginseng for this:(

i had thought it would be good for muscle cramps/ charley horses?

so, today there is a party at the town library, 7 year old jim beam, straight out the bottle.-_- then i will need a ride home:lol:

no alcohol. what should be a reason for it?

I drink maybe half a glass of wine a year for the sake of social appearance towards others to avoid being judged.

Alcohol weakens the etheric body (which you work with in qigong) and hinders the workings of the linkage to the (higher) ego. Rudolf Steiner ("founder" of antroposophy) wrote some enlightening explanations about its mechanisms, some of it is translated to English.

some herbs are definately better delived to your body in tincture form.

in many cases it leads to a higher absorbtion rate and efficacy.

this is not true for all herbs but definately for some.

holding the tincture in your mouth for 30 seconds or so allows for some sublingual absorbtion.

Edited by zerostao

I tried a daily drinker's lifestyle for half a year or so, with 1 to 3 drinks/beers a day plus occasional social drunkenness. I thought it would be hard to quit after that but it was surprisingly easy, it just felt very good to drop it. I do have some dreams where I drink. But I suppose that's due to blood and consciousness residing in the liver during sleep, and that is where the addictions like to hang out :)

it's very short.... live it!

(I miss the "reason for edit" option :( and frustrated as to why the embedded video worked this time, when the code was exactly the same as the ones that didn't..... I'll have to award this round to the computer :|

Anyhow, very interesting video)

Edited by Mal Stainkey
  • Like 2

I'm sort of sad that I never learnt "ritualized drinking" My partner has been to Hong Kong where tea is drinking is really integrated into society (not sure if that's the best wording)

I didn't like hot drinks when younger so I never got to learn the "would you like tea of coffee" ritual that older people would do when you came to their home. It seems much less common among my age group, or at least no longer a "put a kettle on and brew a drink" more like "instant drink"

I guess culturally I learnt to focus just on the consumption, a "slam it down fast" approach rather than the entire act of creation consumption contemplation.

In warcraftIII there's a hero unit, the pandaren brewmaster with the drunken brawler passive ability. reminds me of Po from Kung Fu Panda :lol:

'Cept po didnt drink.... that i know of?

LOL do you play DotA by any chance?

The more intensely I am training, the lower my tolerance for alcohol and other mind / physiology altering substances becomes. I had some thai iced coffee today and felt like complete garbage a few hours later. The caffeine rush was too intense. It totally crushed the tranquil state I have been cultivating with meditation and qigong.

I'm in my mid-30s. When I was younger, it did not bother me as much. Now that I have been practicing for a while, I feel like it sets me back most of the time. Every once in a while I can have a beer (love me some Guinuess) and feel relaxed without any after effects. Most of the time though, the mental change from even a single beer just tends to bum me out.

Yeah, an occassional beer for me as well.

I just to need to stay away from evil Korean Soju and evil Chinese bijou!

The more intensely I am training, the lower my tolerance for alcohol and other mind / physiology altering substances becomes. I had some thai iced coffee today and felt like complete garbage a few hours later. The caffeine rush was too intense. It totally crushed the tranquil state I have been cultivating with meditation and qigong.

I'm in my mid-30s. When I was younger, it did not bother me as much. Now that I have been practicing for a while, I feel like it sets me back most of the time. Every once in a while I can have a beer (love me some Guinuess) and feel relaxed without any after effects. Most of the time though, the mental change from even a single beer just tends to bum me out.

Bingo! Same here. Anyone know how/why this happens? Taomeow mentioned increasing tolerance. I don't think I'm anywhere near it, although I've gotten a lot better around trashy social energy.

Bingo! Same here. Anyone know how/why this happens? Taomeow mentioned increasing tolerance. I don't think I'm anywhere near it, although I've gotten a lot better around trashy social energy.

IMO true tolerance on physical level in practicioners takes a lot to develop and it concides with a mental/emotional tolerance too. It is common for people to go through periods of not being able to take some foods or drink or whatever due to individual make up/energetic blocks and depending on what practise they do and how fast intergrating takes place.

Food and drink directly influences not only body but our mind too. As it makes up a subtle portion of the mind.

One example is teacher I was learning meditation from when younger and already practising deep samadhi, sitting for many hours a day and having many realizations, developed siddhis etc..but still had problems with the intake of certain foods. Basically he could only prepare himself food becouse he knew what he can stomach becouse he was sensitive like this.

Only after a certain 'spiritual transformation'years later did he start eat normal , common again and now he can eat (as he did on one occassion for a joke with certain hosts)incredible amount of even trashiest foods.

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1