wayne

Hello From The Dynamic Tao

Hi. All,

Just to say Hi to all in this nice forum. I have been studying the Tao Te Ching for about 7 years now. Published a translation with a preface that basically states that Tao mystery can be systematically understood. I first believe that Laotzu was a normal philosopher and never intended to confuse people. My recent reports are (1) there is a basic theory in Tao philosophy and (2) the principle of Oneness is the core of Tao philosophy. Both papers are to be reviewed and published in conference proceedings. My website Dynamic Tao has more info.

Currently I am spending a lot of time looking at Buddhism and some modern Western philosophers, particulary Whitehead. There seems to be a "universal" philosophy emerging. Rather intrigging. My study of the early Greek philosophers and Heidegger is temporarily put on hold. I am not at all into Taoism as a religion. Tai Chi is a good way to get into the flow of Tao principle. Maybe someday i will pick it up. I live not far from Lombard, IL where there is a Tai Chi group (listed in this website.0

Just enough as an introduction of myself.

Wayne

Really nice to have you here. I've been browsing your website and reading through your book and really enjoying it. I hope you start a discussion on Quantum Cosmology sometime. Coincidentally (or not :)) the subject came up very recently on the second page of the Enlightenment and Evolution thread, so clearly there is some interest here for a discussion of this sort.

In any case, welcome Wayne.

Sean

Hi, Sean,

In the Preface of my book, I used quantum conceptual brekthrough as a example to free us from dualistic thinking. We have been very succesful in doing that in sciences. But The Theory of Dynamic Tao described in the book is based solely on the words of Laotzu. There is a great similarity in the way of their "non-dualistic" thinking. This non-dualistic approach is taken by Quantum Theory, Theory of Relativity, Cosmology. Wherever we break ourselves free from dualistic thinking, we make real progress. Holographic phenomena is a result of such a thinking.

Many quantum phenomena are results of non-dualistic thinking. So, the phenomena themeslve are only by-products. What we can learn from modern science is to think non-dualistically when we encounter mysteries of life, like Tao. Then Tao Philosophy can be interpreted consistently and become useful. "Excessive" consolidation between Tao and quantum theory may confuse us again.

Sometime free speculation is useful, when we have an anchoring base. The purpose of my book was to show a consistent and coherent interpretation, so we can have a Principle of Tao and can really make use of Tao in our daily life. This is discussed in my book as the Theory and The Architecure of Tao.

Now I have further simplify it in my newly proposed The Principle of Oneness, which is again based only on Chapter One of the Tao Te Ching, with little speculation.

[i am not yet familiar with what are discussed in various threads - should we move this to somewhere else? Is there enough interest to create a separate thread for this?]

Wayne

Really nice to have you here. I've been browsing your website and reading through your book and really enjoying it. I hope you start a discussion on Quantum Cosmology sometime. Coincidentally (or not :)) the subject came up very recently on the second page of the Enlightenment and Evolution thread, so clearly there is some interest here for a discussion of this sort.

In any case, welcome Wayne.

Sean