Sign in to follow this  
Reckless Roges

Forgotten some of my chi gung

This might be a long-shot; I'm trying to remember a warm-up that I used to do.

I'll explain what I can remember and maybe someone will know what I'm on about:

I used to do taichi at the Ashburnham School with a man called Ian, (could be Iain) and I think his last name was Walker.

This was just off Lots Road in Chelsea, London, England.

(It was an old Victorian red-brick building, that has since been demolished.)

He would often add this piece to the warm-up before we started taichi.

== The thing I'm trying to remember ==

Everyone stood in a big circle, (with plenty of space between each person.) With synchronized movements we each slowly moved towards the centre.

It felt a little like bagua (Pa Kua) but rather than moving in a circle we each moved in a strait line. Each repetition moved me a few feet closer

to the centre and after a few rounds we all met in the middle.

Does this sound familiar? Does anyone know what this was? I don't think that it was Baduanjin, but it could have been related. It might not have even been Chi Gung.

Thanks for reading.

Greeting....

It was not necessary to have any warm up for Tai Chi. Tai Chi itself is a warm up for everything. What ever you were thinking of it does no good nor harm.

Greeting....

It was not necessary to have any warm up for Tai Chi. Tai Chi itself is a warm up for everything. What ever you were thinking of it does no good nor harm.

Thank you for your reply, but that has nothing to do with my request. I'm looking for "what it was" not "was it necessary". I'm particularly frustrated because I can remember making some notes because I found it hard to remember.. but I do not remember where I put those notes.

Thank you anyway.

Sign in to follow this