Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Travel between realities?

I know most of the quantum physics, quantum mechanics discussions tend to go to the wayside here, but I was thinking lately about whether or not it could be possible to travel between individual multiverses. In other words, if A happens and splits into B and C, could it be possible for the observer who is observing C to somehow also observe B, or become a part of B, without it resulting in the decoherence of C? Anyone have any thoughts or possible suggested reading material? I must say, I wish I had taken physics in College.

edit- I should add I'm not trying to contradict the shrodengers cat theory, but rather that I believe that there is the possibility that, even though one cannot change the past because of causality, that they could experience alternate multiverses, simply by becoming disassociated with their own observed universe and thus become associated with another. The question though, is whether the observer would still exist within C without knowing that he also became the observer in B?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Dude...I was just going to make a topic about this tonight. :ninja:

I will try to make the idea that I have into something sensible to others...lol.

Depends on what you're trying to travel to....

Travel to a reality in which you're a top cell biologist who cures cancer. Learn the formulas, bring it back, cure cancer. Viola. Confirmed.

Of course, you have to ensure that the reality you travel to is the same except for the thing you're selecting for.

If you travel to a reality in which human cell biology is different, then when you bring it back here, you might just have made the next great medicinal weapon. Hurray for you.

Of course, this means that there will alternately be realities in which you can't travel to other realities. But that would mean that if you traveled to them... hmmmm.... :ninja:

But I suppose if you were to become enlightened and transcend your sense of "I" then it wouldn't really matter, hm?

Depends on what you're trying to travel to....

Travel to a reality in which you're a top cell biologist who cures cancer. Learn the formulas, bring it back, cure cancer. Viola. Confirmed.

Of course, you have to ensure that the reality you travel to is the same except for the thing you're selecting for.

If you travel to a reality in which human cell biology is different, then when you bring it back here, you might just have made the next great medicinal weapon. Hurray for you.

Of course, this means that there will alternately be realities in which you can't travel to other realities. But that would mean that if you traveled to them... hmmmm.... :ninja:

But I suppose if you were to become enlightened and transcend your sense of "I" then it wouldn't really matter, hm?

I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't matter? Enlightenment is merely a state of awareness, it doesn't change the state of the universe, it only makes you more aware of your place in it. If you believe the whole, one can become omniscient and all knowing, then no it wouldn't matter, but I don't believe in that type of enlightenment, nor has anyone proven to me that it seems to exist.

Anyways, why am I interested? Because I think it will help me to understand the nature of the universe better. Causality is the root of suffering, so by default understanding the nature of causality and the repercussions, as well as how one could observe the effects of those repercussions would undoubtedly increase their understanding of the nature of the universe. At least in my opinion.

Anyone know if there are any spiritual traditions that have any thoughts regarding this topic?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Obsess yourself with causality

The information you hear is a loophole

technicality

Behind every object is a mathematic

an obscure substance infused with a kinetic force

energy

an obscure conscience shoots a gun at the feet

the world dances

I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't matter? Enlightenment is merely a state of awareness, it doesn't change the state of the universe

Or does it? I dunno, I've stayed out of all of those "what is enlightenment" threads. Since I'm not enlightened and have no idea what it actually is, I prefer to keep my options open, rather than to come down on one thing for "certain" and to rule out other options.

If the universe is a reflection of you, or a reflection of what's in you, then if what's in you is enlightenment, then the universe reflects...?

Or maybe the universe isn't a reflection of you. Maybe it exists regardless. In which case, if you were enlightened, and you knew your place in it, then what about the universe in which you aren't aware? Would that be enlightenment? Or maybe ALL of you are aware. Then there's no universe in which you aren't aware. Uh oh. You broke the system. Unless you all remove yourselves from inside the realities to get a larger perspective. But then there's no you.

But then the act of observation changes the system, now doesn't it? We've gotten ourselves into quite a mess.

nor has anyone proven to me that it seems to exist.

So then who proved to you that enlightenment is just about knowing your place? :blink:

Causality is the root of suffering, so by default understanding the nature of causality and the repercussions, as well as how one could observe the effects of those repercussions would undoubtedly increase their understanding of the nature of the universe. At least in my opinion.

Right. Karma.

There's a scene in V for Vendetta that someone posted a little while ago that I think underscores exactly this point. Basically the detective was saying that he had looked at the history, and based on the history, knew how the people would respond. Sure, they had the CHOICE to act in a totally different manner. But because of their past actions, they were basically locked into the future actions. If you understood all the players and all the pieces, you could pretty much predict what was going to happen next.

So know what people are doing and know what the effects are going to be. And you'd have quite a bit of understanding. Maybe that's how buddhas can see the future? :P Could you then see the past by reverse engineering the present? Could you then see into other realms by going down other decision trees? You'd have to see every little thing. That'd be quite something!

Okay, so an idea that I toy with is that we live in a collective reality. There are many dimensions to it...

For instance, if you are invited to an ocean view mansion, where you can stay for an entire season...where chefs prepare any kind of food you want...where you can bring any friends you desire...where you're given 1 million to invest, so you could essentially not work ever again...

That is like heaven on earth! Someone, please make it happen for me! :lol:

For some other people, heaven on earth could simply be spending time with people they love and enjoying simple things...like having a tea, making music on their guitar, meditating...who knows. That can also be great.

So there are immensely enjoyable dimensions that we can actually exist in physically, mentally and spiritually.

Then there are ones which are less so...

Lets say you get framed for murder by the police, and end up living life behind bars. That would SUCK in comparison. Some people can improve their mental disposition towards the physical experience, but we could essentially say that they live in a hellish dimension of this collective reality.

So how we use this information is by knowing exactly what we enjoy, and creating it in our personal dimension. Knowing what we don't enjoy, and eradicating it from our lives.

Most often, there is a mix of pleasure and pain...lets say you're visiting family for Thanksgiving! :wub::angry::lol: So in those mixed moments, you just focus on the positive and try to make the best of it...or if you wish, simply don't put yourself into unpleasurable situations.

If you get into a certain state of mind, you can feel that each action you take alters time and space and creates a new future. Like all of reality is separate from your current decision in the present moment. So what do you want? Instead of reacting to the stream of collective reality, alter its course. Impose your subjective reality upon the collective! Step outside of your karmic ties, outside of your predestined c(o)urse, and build the life you believe is best.

In the spiritual path, they say "don't avoid". There is something to be said about training yourself to be content...but there's also something to be said about living life to the fullest. The spiritual path is a tightrope walk between magick (as described above) and the mundane (accepting the cold hard truth that nothing is ever perfect).

So those are some ideas. Hope it suited the topic...I admittedly don't really understand quantum mechanics.

Also, it could be that by altering fate/creating a better world, we are leaving others behind, and that they are entirely unaware that the world you currently live in exists.

For instance, we are aware that super rich people exist...but if you were to go with them, traveling around, you'd be seeing "the world" through different eyes. You'd be in an elevated reality...one dimension of the collective.

Conversely, these really rich people are totally unaware of the reality of living in a "ghetto". They know poor people exist, but that way of life is so far removed from their experience that it's essentially an entirely different world. So these rich people end up whining about the most ridiculous things, like if their veal isn't fully organic or something. :lol:

Could it be that people's fate causes them to see/come into contact with the level of world that they are destined to? That if they change it, then they could 'level up' and end up living and attracting all sorts of good things...ending up like the rich people, being almost totally unaware of the reality of the poor people?

It's hard to change your fate!

It's a big multiverse out there, outside of our personal microcosm/macrocosm!

Edited by Scotty

I think ultimately the whole thing comes down to, how would it be possible? That's why I was wondering if anyone actually knew of a religion that professed knowledge of anything like this? I'm wondering if there has been any mention of techniques that could attain this type of thing? Perhaps only the immortals know?

Aaron

Sign in to follow this