Sign in to follow this  

Hmmm.. What Will Happen If...?

So I have been filling my dan tien quite a bit lately...

My body is now absolutely pulsating in qi.. especially in my scalp.

I don't do much of any grounding.. you know, with the exception of eating shit, smoking, ejaculating, whatever...

So what I am planning to do is just keeping building up qi like this, and see what happens. I will also stop ejaculating.. and get the kundalini pressure up... the trick is, I am not going to actively do any grounding practice.

Now, what I prove to do is prove to all the people who claim that either 1) excess chi is bad, 2) ungrounded practice is bad, or 3) you shouldn't do anything because you don't know what you're doing are all wrong.

YES, my theory is this-- as long as you building up mass amounts of qi and circulate it at least a little bit, your body will, over time, adapt to this increase in chi by opening the channels. As the channels begin to open to compensate for the 'excess qi', that is when goodthings begin to happen. Blocks break up, cells/tissues/organs/glands work more efficiently, (because chi is life, right?), and consciousness will deepen.

The biggest thing I will probably need to avoid is becoming emotional. (which shouldn't be difficult, in that I am a very mild-mannered, calm individual...)

Lets see what happens, huh??? maybe I'll go crazy LOL!

Lets see. Yang energy pushes out, expands, is warm, aggressive. Yin energy receives, contracts, is cooling, more passive.

I'd say you generate yin energy through simpler sitting or standing emptiness style meditations. Gentler forms of Chi gung and Tai Chi. Mentally being without judgement, staying centered and relaxed. Eating fruits and 'ligher' veggies. Be like water.

Ofcourse one turns into the other. Take weight lifting. Lift a heavy weight, exertion power expanding- very yang. But the relaxation afterwards - can be very yin.

It really is all about about balance. Balance can be had at the extremes. As long as you know when to stop and move towards the other end of the spectrum before you burn or ice out.

Michael

I've been having good luck increasing yin by just dimming the lights or only using candlelight after sunset, getting vertical for an hour or at least a half hour before bed, listening to soft music, breathing, etc.

Guest sykkelpump

I don't do much of any grounding.. you know, with the exception of eating shit, smoking, ejaculating, whatever...

So what I am planning to do is just keeping building up qi like this, and see what happens. I will also stop ejaculating.. and get the kundalini pressure up... the trick is, I am not going to actively do any grounding practice.

Now, what I prove to do is prove to all the people who claim that either 1) excess chi is bad, 2) ungrounded practice is bad, or 3) you shouldn't do anything because you don't know what you're doing are all wrong.

YES, my theory is this-- as long as you building up mass amounts of qi and circulate it at least a little bit, your body will, over time, adapt to this increase in chi by opening the channels. As the channels begin to open to compensate for the 'excess qi', that is when goodthings begin to happen. Blocks break up, cells/tissues/organs/glands work more efficiently, (because chi is life, right?), and consciousness will deepen.

The biggest thing I will probably need to avoid is becoming emotional. (which shouldn't be difficult, in that I am a very mild-mannered, calm individual...)

If you train correct your body will continue to be filled up with chi(if you dont ejaculate)and the eventually your chi channels will open up.But if you are forcing things or training wrong you will start to blocking your chi channels and then losing chi sensitivity your ability to generate more chi.And of course then there will be no more progress

I wrote this great post in my personal blog.. I wanted to share it on this forum because I think it is so great =)lol... I included it in this one, because I feel that I have been makingan awful lot of stupid threads lately =)

wow .. a big break through for me...

A few things have been happening in the past few days. basically, my world goes to shit, I get anxious, panicked.. and it all happens at once. I also believe it happens in cycles, or periodically.

I believe that, (KNOW, in some circumstances,) that I unconciously CREATE shitty situations for myself. And it happens all at once, and accumulates and accumulates. Imagine an angry person who starts breaking shit. This is really only making him angrier, because he's breaking his shit! Like fuel to the fire.

This kind of dysfunctional behavior seems to driven by the unconcious. WHY, I am not sure. according to the producers of 'what the bleep do we know?,' we're addicted to these emotions. (or rather, addicted to the chemical responses TO these emotions...)

HOW I got this way is probably a pretty simple answer... Being subject to a terrible boss for an extended period of time. Is it possible that I have become addicted to the stress panic and anxiety that they constantly subject me to for all that time?

The next question is the most important.. How do I stop my unconscious self from doing this to me? I have alway sort of 'known' how powerful and driving the unconcious can be... But know that I have experienced and recognized it for myself in my day-to-day living, it is truly diabolical in proportion!!

I ALSO believe that mind-chatter, or excessive thought-noise (or whatever,) is the cloak under which the unconcious hides under !!

What does this mean? this means I need to stop the constant mind-chatter, and cultivate a cyclic 'calm and relaxed' emotion. This will probably be best done by daily reading of the tao te ching, because this is how I did it in the past.

Gosh. what a great post. I think I'll put it in taoist discussion forum, afterall..

The next question is the most important.. How do I stop my unconscious self from doing this to me?

better, who/where is this 'me'?

the 'me' is the ego... the persona... it is the 'david findley' I am recognized as every day. I prefer the more western approach when it comes to psychology, and the study of the self.. because I feel that it is more explanatory than the whole buddhist 'oh the 'me' doesn't even exist, its illusory.' thing... you know?

cat...yeah I do =) I guess to be sure though, I will explain what I do. I inhale qi through my nose, down the central channel, into my dan tien. once the chi reaches my dan tien and I have inhaled to comfortable capacity, I pause in breath and with my mind I imagine 'condensing and solidfying' the chi in its place. I usually emphasize this with a slight contraction of the abdominal muscles. I usually continue this 'solidification' with the exhale. (or skip the pause all together and do all of the solidification during the exhale.)

I may also inhale qi in a line directly into my dan tien perpendicular to abdomen. I may inhale it as far back as the acupuncture point on the spine behind the dan tien, (which may often cause the energy of the dan tien to go into the spine.)

If I am really feeling it, I may do both.

Is this about right? do you have any suggestions?

Is this about right? do you have any suggestions?

You are going to f*ck yourself up. You have to meditate a lot to transform this kind of energy work- I would say for you, considering your mind is already restless, would be to meditate 5 times more then the time you spend with your breathing/packing practices.

Don't look at the ammount of energy you have but the quality. Everytime you feel like you are being overwhelmed by your practices, stop for a few days and do pure meditation. Nothing more. Can you meditate for more then an hour at a time? If you can, do it- one hour in the morning and in the evening, and try to build it up gradually to 1.5. If you can't, take a Vipassana retreat for 10 days- they will teach you how to meditate in a very short time.

You are going to f*ck yourself up. You have to meditate a lot to transform this kind of energy work- I would say for you, considering your mind is already restless, would be to meditate 5 times more then the time you spend with your breathing/packing practices.

Don't look at the ammount of energy you have but the quality. Everytime you feel like you are being overwhelmed by your practices, stop for a few days and do pure meditation. Nothing more. Can you meditate for more then an hour at a time? If you can, do it- one hour in the morning and in the evening, and try to build it up gradually to 1.5. If you can't, take a Vipassana retreat for 10 days- they will teach you how to meditate in a very short time.

I'll be borrowing this piece of advice from you triple dots, thanks. Need it right now, but let me know when you want it back and I'll get it right over to you. ;)

Sean

I can't just take his word for it.

why would this fuck me up? I'll have to continue until I am convinced otherwise.

Also, I think what you ask is excessive. I really stressed the fuck out today-- but right now, I feel pretty healed and recovered. It would be crazy of me to stop practicing for a WHOLE two days. that's a long time...

what you are suggesting I do is change the whole of my practice altogether. I am right now aiming first and foremost at energetic evolution... Yes, success comes with peace of mind.. but... peace of mind is not the sole purpose of the practice.

Edited by ...

I used to disagree with Max, but now all I can say is that he's dead on. If I had listened to him, I could have saved 2 years of screwing around. Then again, I had to find out for myself. So what I would say is to go for it, but keep Mad Max's wise words in mind and if you blow a gasket you'll know what's up.

-Yoda

I used to disagree with Max, but now all I can say is that he's dead on. If I had listened to him, I could have saved 2 years of screwing around. Then again, I had to find out for myself. So what I would say is to go for it, but keep Mad Max's wise words in mind and if you blow a gasket you'll know what's up.

-Yoda

Probably the same reason we do corpse pose at the end of every yoga practice...

Dude,

I have read about a similar method before (and tried it). There is however a slight variation. The method was proposed by Cheng Man Ching, a TCC master. You 'keep the mind and the heart at the dantien', breath to it, 'the secret is long, slow, silent breath'. 'Keep the mind and heart at the dantien always'. It's not packing. I repeat it's not packing. Don't force anything, however whenever you remember, then 'keep your mind and heart on the dantien'. After a while the chi will push into the other channels.

It works great. But at some point later you will need to circulate the chi, otherwise you'll start to get hyper and maybe lose sleep etc.

Triple dots.

I remember how I started out gettin what can be called a "beginning expert" state of mind that I wrestled with for a good 5 years of my practice. It's all based on fear of loss. And wanting "more". More energy, more happiness, more power etc. (well, since I'm, writing this, I probably am not passed that stage yet)-)

You are young, and have a wonderful, auspicious opportunity to cultivate what you already have. Don't waste your time focusing on building chi. Instead take a step back, and focus on opening and letting go. Take all setbacks and pain with grace. If your shen, your mind and your inner light is cultivated, the energy gained from the "lesser" paths will seem coarse, unsettled and conditioned in comparaison.

My own "breakthrough" came from being forced to letting go of feeling strong. On a retreat some years back I suddenly experienced total powerlessness, total resignation. There was no feeling of power, no "juice", only loss, emptiness, and I remember lying on the floor feeling totally vunerable, and lost. Afterwards, I sat for an hour in total bliss, having surrendered to the experience. I was able to recieve.

The spirit energy is 100 000 times more potent that Jing and chi energies combined. You have more than enough energy. Forget about it. Instead focus on cleaning your body, mind and energy, and opening your heart. Just sit and forget.

Shen is emptiness. Its space. If you are able to tap into pure space, the whole world will be filled with light.

Then what is the use of hoarding up energy.

h

what a practice means for someone, may not be what it means for someone else.

everyone's path is unique to them.

you cannot tell a young person to be older and more experienced than they are.

No objection there.

I can only talk from my own experience, but there is a reason that pure Jing or chi focused practice tend to unravel a whole set of problems without the integrating aspect of shen. There is a general idea circulating around in the west based on a misconception about chikung, mainly influenced by HT emphasis in sexual cultivation combined with influences from certain martial arts traditions, about hoarding energy.

Sooner or later this approach is a dead end, leading only to trouble, that may take years to unravel.

If you have a dirty house, filling it with more stuff will only leave you with alot of dirty stuff. We are all startingout with energy that is quite filthy. If you don't transform and purify that energy FIRST, all cultivation is in vain. Think of the body as a piece of wood that has damp or wet areas. If you don't dry and purify the wood, there is only going to be a weak fire with alot of smoke. Dry the wood first.

h

HT emphasis in sexual cultivation combined with influences from certain martial arts traditions, about hoarding energy.

Sooner or later this approach is a dead end, leading only to trouble, that may take years to unravel.

I completely agree... hoarding energy presupposes that there is a finite amount of it, and you better get a hold of all you can before it's too late.

I tend to think of chi as a comunication agent... what the communication 'is' depends on the type of chi. The only reason to gather chi at your LTT is to increase your awareness of and communication with that part of your body.

I find that thinking this way does away with the concept of 'dirty chi' - because 'dirty chi' is initself a miscommunication or even a lack of communication (a blockage)... so the act of running chi through the channels is like clearing out the pipes so that all your cells, energy systems, tan tiens, and shen can communicate with the primordial neutral space.

Being full of chi just means that you're able to communicate effectively and quickly with any part of your body/emotions/spirit...

This brings me back to my favourite model - 'attention'. Chi is attention... if you can hold your full attention without getting distracted on a specific part of your body, then your chi is flowing well there. We have habits of holding our attention in certain places with certain external factors... doing chi kung disrupts the habit and forces you to become conscious of this... so that you can develop habits that are more in tune with your environment.

Yeah, I think hoarding energy is pretty egoistic, instead of letting it flow through you so you can help others. Battery acid or crystals, I know what my choice is.

oh-- super!

packing chi into my dan tien is a consistantly fruitful practice, (at least, more so than many, many other techniques I have experimented with...)

thanks for asking =)

You know what a trip is? Yesterday I took a slightly warm bath. I was doing the packing in the bath.. and I began to get a little cold.

So I emptied out the bath, filled the tub with hot water, and began the packing once again. It seemed like a very powerful practice.

I am thinking that perhaps such hot water is very dense with yang chi, and that perhaps I was absorbing much more than I might otherwise.

Which reminds me... Another practice I enjoy is letting very, very hot water strike my testicles/sack from the shower head. (ewwww!!!) Butnot only is it incredibly pleasurable, but I will feel energy whooshing up my body in a most pleasant manner when I do it. scratching can emphasize this feeling.

Perhaps we underestimate the influence of bathing? (water?)

Sign in to follow this