FixXxer1846

My first full lotus experiences

I would like to thank Drew Hempel and the contributors to this thread for inspiring me over the recent past to stretch my hips and groin and become flexible enough to sit in full lotus. It may be slightly premature, since it was only tonight before taiji class that i finally was able to achieve the position, and then only hold it for ten minutes before pain caused me to get out of it. But i intend to work on it now that i can do it. I am really excited about it actually :) and really looking forward to sitting in full lotus.

Drew, do you have any good advice for me? I found that after 5 minutes I wanted to give up but i chanted om mani padme hum and made it another 5 minutes.. the pain went away but then it came back hardcore. I find your posts really helpful and inspiring, and I keep meaning to check out your blog. Maybe i will go do that now. But i wouldn't mind any insights you have, or if you have already written it in your blog, if you could post a link that would be splendid! Thank you in advance for any help you might offer, and again thanks for the inspiration to finally take my sitting to the next level. Peace!!

I would like to thank Drew Hempel and the contributors to this thread for inspiring me over the recent past to stretch my hips and groin and become flexible enough to sit in full lotus. It may be slightly premature, since it was only tonight before taiji class that i finally was able to achieve the position, and then only hold it for ten minutes before pain caused me to get out of it. But i intend to work on it now that i can do it. I am really excited about it actually :) and really looking forward to sitting in full lotus.

Drew, do you have any good advice for me? I found that after 5 minutes I wanted to give up but i chanted om mani padme hum and made it another 5 minutes.. the pain went away but then it came back hardcore. I find your posts really helpful and inspiring, and I keep meaning to check out your blog. Maybe i will go do that now. But i wouldn't mind any insights you have, or if you have already written it in your blog, if you could post a link that would be splendid! Thank you in advance for any help you might offer, and again thanks for the inspiration to finally take my sitting to the next level. Peace!!

Yeah tai-chi and then the small universe for at least half hour a day -- you get the c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com and sublimation of life force energy -- storing up the energy. Celibacy in other words. It's the traditional alchemical training. The book "Taoist Yoga" gives the details but it's an intense read so I tend to only read it when I feel like I really need inspiration. haha.

Anyway congratulations on starting on full lotus.

Yeah tai-chi and then the small universe for at least half hour a day -- you get the c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com and sublimation of life force energy -- storing up the energy. Celibacy in other words. It's the traditional alchemical training. The book "Taoist Yoga" gives the details but it's an intense read so I tend to only read it when I feel like I really need inspiration. haha.

Uhm.. you wrote about using cayenne pepper on the penis in another thread. I was wondering if you meant on the tip of the penis like... where it can even go inside through the meatus... Im thinking that shit would hurt lol. I actually tried the clove oil thing twice as was suggested on the forums a while back and yea it hurt... but I was also wondering about the same thing too with regards to the clove oil.

Im also wondering if masturbation/sex w/o ejaculation is allowed... I guess I just fear losing my size and "yang" stregnth when/if "it" retracts for a long time..

Edited by Spirit of the Tiger

Im also wondering if masturbation/sex w/o ejaculation is allowed... I guess I just fear losing my size and "yang" stregnth when/if "it" retracts for a long time..

Again I rely on the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which states that not only is loss of any sex fluid bad -- to be stopped completely -- but also sex thoughts need to be purified. So if there is sexual excitement of the reproductive organ this means the energy created there from will not properly be made into chi -- instead it will pollute the body.

So when I was in full lotus today the internal climaxes I had were not created from sexual thoughts. On the other hand I do get perv attacked -- and obviously just talking or writing about sex means thinking about it. So in the modern world it is next to impossible to practice properly.

As I wrote -- literally as soon as I left my room I was perv attacked. This is not a coincidence. If I build up my chi energy and then I go to the kitchen to get food then I am not in full lotus again -- I described it like a moray eel coming out to attack me. haha.

O.K. it's like the martial arts movie Shaolin Disciples -- alexander Fushe. They have to train to stop the manchu fighters but then the young females keep watching them while their training. The male trainers have no direct interaction with the females but just when the females look over the fence at the male -- then the male trainer can sense the female presence and complains to his teacher. Hey someone is watching me! Then the teacher tells the female to stop looking at the male while he trains.

I can assure you that I can literally FEEL if my mom watches me -- if I am in the yard working or on the edge of the woods -- I can feel my chi energy getting deconverted back to sex fluids -- because she is staring at me. haha. I know it's strange but there you go. So it actually affected my work this summer -- because I could get a lot more work done if I wasn't getting perv attacked.

Anyway again the full lotus will purify this energy again -- so if there are sex thoughts then they can be reversed. As for the retraction issue -- yeah the book "Taoist Yoga" does talk about whether there is a full load of sperm built up yet. So it takes a lot of jing energy to create chi energy -- that's why there should be three months of no loss of sex fluids.

But if there is this much energy that is built up into chi -- if there is then a loss by nocturnal emission -- then the loss of sex fluid is really way more than normal -- it's a big loss. Then "Taoist Yoga" states this is a short circuit. So if you think you can not hold it back you're suppose to use force to hold the base of the penis.

But, unlike Mantak Chia, I'm against any type of physical massage, etc. I did try this to see what would happen but any physical contact just creates sex fluid -- it goes against the goal of creating chi energy. You want to BURN off the sex fluid into chi energy. But the chi energy can easily be deconverted back into fluid.

So when I had the internal climaxes -- then you get the normal erection -- so there's no retraction at that time -- but the semen shoots up the back and into the brain. O.K. but then as the sex fluid gets purified into electromagnetic energy then there is retraction of the genitals. The book "Taoist Yoga" states that in the very advanced states then the genitals are retracted all the way back into the body.

Now in the martial arts movies I've never seen this -- even in the Shaolin training documentary -- it's focused on "iron penis" or whatever so it's "hard as steel" or whatever -- like the hard external qigong so pulling trucks with the penis, etc. So this seems different than in Taoist Yoga which is based on retraction.

On the other hand it's much easier to do psychic mutual climaxes if that's the issue -- instead of physical sex. I mean multiple internal climaxes is the opposite of celibacy -- if the goal is pleasing females and so being against retraction for that. Again the understanding is that female climaxes are caused by the chi energy -- primarily -- it's a vagus nerve trigger. This was not proven until a few years ago! When a female with spinal injury could still have orgasms then they discovered the female orgasm was from the vagus nerve stimulation. So only by the male having internal climaxes can the male have multiple climaxes over and over -- non-stop. If the male has one external climax this triggers the stress sympathetic nervous system.

so the book "Taoist Yoga" is very strict but that's what gets results. I think there's a lot of denial in modern society -- Mantak Chia recommends three months celibacy for the small universe training but how many people really do that? Especially when he's teaching sex massage. haha.

In my experience ONLY the full lotus will effectively burn off the sex fluid -- and it has to be done almost constantly in lieu of constant perv attacks. Full lotus is considered the normal position for meditation - or used to be - anyway Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full lotus.

Then there's the whole "eunuch" martial arts theme - where the eunuchs have special qi powers because they just had it all cut off. haha. I don't know if there's any truth to this. It's a fascinating concept. All I can say is electromagnetic chi energy is much more virile than sex fluids. As martial arts teaches -- qigong is actually the foundation for martial arts. So if someone has internal chi energy stored up and can transmit the shen shakti spirit energy for astral travel, etc. -- even though the person may look like a weakling then they are more powerful than the strongest muscle men. Effie P. Chow, the little lady, says she can take in a person's muscle energy - and add it to her own.

Anyway so if people have hang ups about physical size and virility -- I mean jing energy is measured by the voice strength and depth. I have low kidney energy -- so I asked Chunyi Lin if I could eat meat and drink milk. He said yes. When I had done my intensive training ten years ago I had a vegan diet. But for the past four years I was literally having a dozen psychic mutual climaxes a day with females -- giving females orgasms all day long. haha. I did this with no physical interactions. Still that is weak chi energy -- compared to what chi energy really is. Still I found out what true love was -- I could create real love.

So I stopped that practice just a few weeks ago and already my jing energy has increased and so have my chi energy. But it takes a lot of jing energy to create chi energy and a lot of chi energy to create the shen holographic laser energy -- shakti energy. It's this shakti spirit laser transmission that is really rare, compared to the electromagnetic shocking transmission. haha.

If you want to feel the laser transmission then get a phone healing from Chunyi Lin -- it's $90 but it's worth it -- http://springforestqigong.com Also ask him what your major energy blockages are.

The book "Taoist Yoga" gives the details but it's an intense read so I tend to only read it when I feel like I really need inspiration.

Aha. Yes, it's important to have a real teacher of this path...as well as read from multiple sources. Like "Tao of Health, Longevity and Immortality"..."Nourishing the Essence of Life"..."Foundations of Internal Alchemy"...among others.

Taoist Yoga is awesome but the translation is all messed up. Aside from the first couple of chapters (if you are an EXCELLENT listener) it's like wandering through the dark.

But then again, there are lots of secrets hidden in the dark. Even after 11 years I continually reread the book and figure out new things! And figure out how much of it is pure BS. :lol:

Aha. Yes, it's important to have a real teacher of this path...as well as read from multiple sources. Like "Tao of Health, Longevity and Immortality"..."Nourishing the Essence of Life"..."Foundations of Internal Alchemy"...among others.

Taoist Yoga is awesome but the translation is all messed up. Aside from the first couple of chapters (if you are an EXCELLENT listener) it's like wandering through the dark.

But then again, there are lots of secrets hidden in the dark. Even after 11 years I continually reread the book and figure out new things! And figure out how much of it is pure BS. :lol:

So you gonna share the b.s. details? haha. I mean just saying "how much" is b.s. could mean less than 1%. I mean it's the .01 percent that really run the world financially and they're pure B.S. haha.

In chapter 2:

"The Tan Ching says, 'At eighty and even ninety if one meets a competant master one can still produce the golden elixir (of immortality).'

This is one of the non-BS things. ;)

I'm not Drew but I can tell you once you get in the position it's only a matter of (lots of) time and effort to be able to sit properly for an hour or so. Two-three years ago I could hardly sit for 10 minutes like you now. Yesterday I had two sessions, 1 hour each, without a pillow on a hard surface. The latter one was of an intensity I haven't previously experienced, all I can say to describe it is that it felt like a lot of emotion energy was moving, joy and sadness at the same time. My body was moving around in different patterns with a will of its own with occasional muscle contractions and "twitches". This is normal when practicing Stillness-Movement but for me the extra full lotus seems to turbo charge everything. Also mentally chanting the Ong, Mae, Lee, Bae, Mae, Hong when strayed with random thoughts/earworms seems to work fine.

• Like 2

I'm not Drew but I can tell you once you get in the position it's only a matter of (lots of) time and effort to be able to sit properly for an hour or so. Two-three years ago I could hardly sit for 10 minutes like you now. Yesterday I had two sessions, 1 hour each, without a pillow on a hard surface. The latter one was of an intensity I haven't previously experienced, all I can say to describe it is that it felt like a lot of emotion energy was moving, joy and sadness at the same time. My body was moving around in different patterns with a will of its own with occasional muscle contractions and "twitches". This is normal when practicing Stillness-Movement but for me the extra full lotus seems to turbo charge everything. Also mentally chanting the Ong, Mae, Lee, Bae, Mae, Hong when strayed with random thoughts/earworms seems to work fine.

http://www.megavideomovies.net/2010/02/watch-shaolin-temple-1982-megavideo.html

Shaolin Temple (1982) starring Jet Li -- his first movie? Anyway it's a good one to sit in full lotus to.

Again I rely on the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which states that not only is loss of any sex fluid bad -- to be stopped completely -- but also sex thoughts need to be purified. So if there is sexual excitement of the reproductive organ this means the energy created there from will not properly be made into chi -- instead it will pollute the body.

So when I was in full lotus today the internal climaxes I had were not created from sexual thoughts. On the other hand I do get perv attacked -- and obviously just talking or writing about sex means thinking about it. So in the modern world it is next to impossible to practice properly.

As I wrote -- literally as soon as I left my room I was perv attacked. This is not a coincidence. If I build up my chi energy and then I go to the kitchen to get food then I am not in full lotus again -- I described it like a moray eel coming out to attack me. haha.

O.K. it's like the martial arts movie Shaolin Disciples -- alexander Fushe. They have to train to stop the manchu fighters but then the young females keep watching them while their training. The male trainers have no direct interaction with the females but just when the females look over the fence at the male -- then the male trainer can sense the female presence and complains to his teacher. Hey someone is watching me! Then the teacher tells the female to stop looking at the male while he trains.

I can assure you that I can literally FEEL if my mom watches me -- if I am in the yard working or on the edge of the woods -- I can feel my chi energy getting deconverted back to sex fluids -- because she is staring at me. haha. I know it's strange but there you go. So it actually affected my work this summer -- because I could get a lot more work done if I wasn't getting perv attacked.

Anyway again the full lotus will purify this energy again -- so if there are sex thoughts then they can be reversed. As for the retraction issue -- yeah the book "Taoist Yoga" does talk about whether there is a full load of sperm built up yet. So it takes a lot of jing energy to create chi energy -- that's why there should be three months of no loss of sex fluids.

But if there is this much energy that is built up into chi -- if there is then a loss by nocturnal emission -- then the loss of sex fluid is really way more than normal -- it's a big loss. Then "Taoist Yoga" states this is a short circuit. So if you think you can not hold it back you're suppose to use force to hold the base of the penis.

But, unlike Mantak Chia, I'm against any type of physical massage, etc. I did try this to see what would happen but any physical contact just creates sex fluid -- it goes against the goal of creating chi energy. You want to BURN off the sex fluid into chi energy. But the chi energy can easily be deconverted back into fluid.

So when I had the internal climaxes -- then you get the normal erection -- so there's no retraction at that time -- but the semen shoots up the back and into the brain. O.K. but then as the sex fluid gets purified into electromagnetic energy then there is retraction of the genitals. The book "Taoist Yoga" states that in the very advanced states then the genitals are retracted all the way back into the body.

Now in the martial arts movies I've never seen this -- even in the Shaolin training documentary -- it's focused on "iron penis" or whatever so it's "hard as steel" or whatever -- like the hard external qigong so pulling trucks with the penis, etc. So this seems different than in Taoist Yoga which is based on retraction.

On the other hand it's much easier to do psychic mutual climaxes if that's the issue -- instead of physical sex. I mean multiple internal climaxes is the opposite of celibacy -- if the goal is pleasing females and so being against retraction for that. Again the understanding is that female climaxes are caused by the chi energy -- primarily -- it's a vagus nerve trigger. This was not proven until a few years ago! When a female with spinal injury could still have orgasms then they discovered the female orgasm was from the vagus nerve stimulation. So only by the male having internal climaxes can the male have multiple climaxes over and over -- non-stop. If the male has one external climax this triggers the stress sympathetic nervous system.

so the book "Taoist Yoga" is very strict but that's what gets results. I think there's a lot of denial in modern society -- Mantak Chia recommends three months celibacy for the small universe training but how many people really do that? Especially when he's teaching sex massage. haha.

In my experience ONLY the full lotus will effectively burn off the sex fluid -- and it has to be done almost constantly in lieu of constant perv attacks. Full lotus is considered the normal position for meditation - or used to be - anyway Chunyi Lin says if you want to know if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full lotus.

Then there's the whole "eunuch" martial arts theme - where the eunuchs have special qi powers because they just had it all cut off. haha. I don't know if there's any truth to this. It's a fascinating concept. All I can say is electromagnetic chi energy is much more virile than sex fluids. As martial arts teaches -- qigong is actually the foundation for martial arts. So if someone has internal chi energy stored up and can transmit the shen shakti spirit energy for astral travel, etc. -- even though the person may look like a weakling then they are more powerful than the strongest muscle men. Effie P. Chow, the little lady, says she can take in a person's muscle energy - and add it to her own.

Anyway so if people have hang ups about physical size and virility -- I mean jing energy is measured by the voice strength and depth. I have low kidney energy -- so I asked Chunyi Lin if I could eat meat and drink milk. He said yes. When I had done my intensive training ten years ago I had a vegan diet. But for the past four years I was literally having a dozen psychic mutual climaxes a day with females -- giving females orgasms all day long. haha. I did this with no physical interactions. Still that is weak chi energy -- compared to what chi energy really is. Still I found out what true love was -- I could create real love.

So I stopped that practice just a few weeks ago and already my jing energy has increased and so have my chi energy. But it takes a lot of jing energy to create chi energy and a lot of chi energy to create the shen holographic laser energy -- shakti energy. It's this shakti spirit laser transmission that is really rare, compared to the electromagnetic shocking transmission. haha.

If you want to feel the laser transmission then get a phone healing from Chunyi Lin -- it's $90 but it's worth it -- http://springforestqigong.com Also ask him what your major energy blockages are.

I haven't read your full post yet but I have the question which begs to be asked: just where is the differentiation between sex and non-sex thoughts?

We all have gender... so every thought that is differentiated by gender can be classified as "sex thought". Even merely looking at a woman can be considered sex. Conversation can be considered sex. Etc. I just see it as unnatural I guess to be watching and denying myself the humanity of sex. A woman has a sexy body, so wouldn't looking at her turn a man on, can't that be considered sex also? What about hugging, touching, what about just having a boner? I feel like I'd have to hit myself everytime I think something "sexual" (not knowing the real distinction of what is/isn't sexual), and it seems unnaturally. And to be carrying a grudge everywhere I go of repressed sexuality.

I guess it's moreso that one shd just meditate often to do the work of transmuting than repression.

I mean.. once a person meditates there is less distinction of extremes and one is in a non-dual consciousness, is that what it is? So that there is no "excess thoughts" or "ego" distinguishing this or that (at least excessively/forefully) and whatever is thought is thought naturally not by any egoic force. By that understanding then maybe some "sexual" thoughts can be ok if it's not overly materialist/excessive or based on ego? Then the question there is of course what is/isn't ego?

It seems Drew that you're kinda obsessed about the whole sexual thingy that you have to be in full lotus so long that you're knees are breaking.. there are other ways to transmute sexual energy than just full lotus. Try the headstand.

I haven't read your full post yet but I have the question which begs to be asked: just where is the differentiation between sex and non-sex thoughts?

We all have gender... so every thought that is differentiated by gender can be classified as "sex thought". Even merely looking at a woman can be considered sex. Conversation can be considered sex. Etc. I just see it as unnatural I guess to be watching and denying myself the humanity of sex. A woman has a sexy body, so wouldn't looking at her turn a man on, can't that be considered sex also? What about hugging, touching, what about just having a boner? I feel like I'd have to hit myself everytime I think something "sexual" (not knowing the real distinction of what is/isn't sexual), and it seems unnaturally. And to be carrying a grudge everywhere I go of repressed sexuality.

I guess it's moreso that one shd just meditate often to do the work of transmuting than repression.

I mean.. once a person meditates there is less distinction of extremes and one is in a non-dual consciousness, is that what it is? So that there is no "excess thoughts" or "ego" distinguishing this or that (at least excessively/forefully) and whatever is thought is thought naturally not by any egoic force. By that understanding then maybe some "sexual" thoughts can be ok if it's not overly materialist/excessive or based on ego? Then the question there is of course what is/isn't ego?

Its sort of the same "tackle it at the root" thing as my breath descriptions on the way to a clear mind, similar effect to mantra rep - re-train a path of least resistance via breath, it eventually carves a path out at a very deep level - so the first manifestations are an enhanced subversion of thought-stream-energy into core processes. Its the same reason that celibacy and good mind training enhances semen reabsorption; the function is being addressed at the root - so like Drew was saying, once the thought is there that betrays the root already! Its really just a matter of being mindful - focus on smiling when you see a woman, and combined with a good practice after a while you will be less inclined to look in a sexual manner - supporting the root instead of betraying it :) wrt to knees breaking - do your practice properly and open the channels and the whole thing flows a lot more smoothly - and of course, dont forget exercises, ankle rotations with a 90 bent knee and such will help repair any damages done by the posture.

also, my friend thinks ur probably psychosomatically causing the deconversion of qi into sexual fluids. Ie 'when this happens, the qi deconverts'. It's the mind programs u run. If you train ur mind to not deconvert the qi to sexual fluids like a really accomplished yogi u cd look at a naked woman and it won't deconvert your qi.

Thanks for your response. I am a taiji player, and I love the small universe. Do you mean just the governing and conception vessels?

I have practiced sublimating the life force energy for years, and I am still a beginner :) But since you seem to make reference to its efficiency in transmuting the sexual fluids and circulating them to the upper dantian, I was looking forward to getting more comfortable with the position and working with those energies.

I will not be celibate hahahahah but i don't masturbate and love going long intervals between ejaculations. Im at ~20 days right now. I've read Taoist Yoga, its in my bookpile right now actually cause I am reading it again, years later. I only got as far as the 1st chapter, and haven't completed the first meditation yet, so i haven't started reading chapter 2.

I tried to get into full lotus when I first woke up this morning but i couldn't. I put my left foot on my right thigh, but when i tried to put my right foot on my left thigh, the left foot kept slipping off and going down between the right calf and thigh. I thought maybe it was because my muscles were stiff from sleeping so i did some pidgeon asana for the flexors and periformis but still couldn't get into full lotus for some reason. I got sick of trying and just did my morning meditations in burmese. I need to stretch more. But I will continue to work on it. There was a great thread with all the asanas that one should work to stretch in order to achieve full lotus.. i wonder if i can find it. If anyone knows what that thread was called (it had a lot of pictures, drawings of the postures with men and women in them) I would be really happy to look over it. Well anyway, thanks, i'm off to search for that thread

Edited by anamatva

haha. Yeah great question. The answer is consciousness itself -- to empty the mind out. It's difficult to describe. All I can say is there's electromagnetic bliss in the center of the brain that then creates light spirit energy and the electromagnetic bliss fills the brain.

So it's one thing for an individual to empty their mind out -- as I state I recommend full lotus as the best means to sublimate the sex energy -- to BURN it off and purify it. Yogananda states full lotus burns bad karma. Chunyi Lin states 20 minutes of full lotus equals four hours of any other type of meditation.

O.K. so the book "Taoist Yoga" emphasizes that most meditation focuses on lowering the fire heart spirit energy but unless the water sex energy is sublimated then it's very difficult for the fire heart energy to get under the water to create the proper alchemical stove.

O.K. so again it's one thing to sit in a room alone in full lotus and empty the mind out -- purify it -- to sublimate the sex energy -- to burn or exorcise the body of lower emotional blockages -- not just lust but also anger of the liver, sadness of the lungs, fear of the kidneys, worry of the pancreas and even love of the heart -- over-excitement.

O.K. then it's another thing to leave your room and then have people come up to you and interact with your energy. It's a matter of how much you can sense.

So for example if I "flex my pineal gland" while in full lotus then I can transmit energy through the walls and ceilings and I can also sense the energy as it interacts with others. But I no longer "flex" my pineal gland.

So now my energy just builds up on its own but it also dissipates still - just by interacting with others. As I stated if I sit in full lotus then this is great pre-emptive defense against the perv attacks. So I've relied on that the past couple days and it's helped tremendously.

O.K. today my brother-in-law took me out to lunch. I had done the two hour full lotus practice this morning. I had to take a 5 minute break at the hour but then I sat an extra five minutes -- so it kind of made up for the break.

Anyway so as I am talking with my brother-in-law suddenly I am over-whelmed by sadness -- this is very strange to me because I never feel this kind of sadness -- but I know from experience that I have just sucked up my brother-in-law's sadness!! So I say to him: You are very sad aren't you? He said: Yes. But then since he admitted it he then immediately changed his emotion to counteract his sadness. I mean since I had sucked up his sadness then he wasn't so sad any more -- but I just wanted him to know that I knew his sadness. I said to him in response: I can feel your sadness. Because I wanted him to know that he wasn't alone in his feelings -- that I could feel him without him even speaking. He couldn't hide his feelings. But since I had sucked up his sadness I had also transformed it as well. It's like the information clearing is the last part of the healing.

As Chunyi Lin says -- that often after he does a healing he tells the person they are all healed - -but there are still some symptoms lingering from just the mind's attachment to the energy blockage. So that's why it's best for a person to do a half hour of meditation after getting a phone healing as well.

So when we go into the emptiness we can literally transform the lower emotional blockages as "extra energy" into electrochemical love light energy.

But then since I had food -- I ate half my meal with meat -- but it was too much and so the food went to my head and then I was off-gassing shit smell on the drive back. haha. I felt bad about this but there was really nothing I could do. Chunyi Lin told me to eat well to increase my jing energy and I asked him if I could eat meat and milk and he said yes. When I got home I even had four eggs because since I did the two hour meditation and then drove to get my brother-in-law I didn't have time for my four egg breakfast. haha.

So anyway the emptiness as consciousness is like we have thoughts but the thoughts just bounce off the electromagnetic bliss in the brain -- so it's like emotions and thoughts are energy that we can play with and then the pineal gland expresses the heart light spirit energy -- and this energy is always clearing out the blockages, always informing us of new blockages that need to be cleared out -- the energy is always transforming that way, impersonally.

I mean when I was over-whelmed by the wave of sadness from my brother-in-law even I was in denial. He had coughed a bit so at first I thought well maybe his sadness is just from his smoking. So first I asked him: Is that a smoker's cough? He said -- no it wasn't. So then I had to admit that I knew why he was sad and that it wasn't from smoking. haha.

Anyway it does surprise me though when someone is sitting there in silence but really they transmit this amazing emotion!!!!! Then I say back to them -- you are really this....

But you can't say to someone -- you are really a perv. haha. I mean that is just not acceptable -- unfortunately it is true too often. So anyway saying someone is sad though is even a bit embarrassing for a full grown man.

Edited by fulllotus

I thought this was a good question, thought I might add my point of view.

I agree with drew that full lotus "burns off" or transmitts sex fluid. I used to have "wet dreams" but I'd wake up and hold it back. Since practicing full lotus I no longer have sex dreams or any noctural urge to ejaculate. So I'd agree that to reconvert "sex energy" to "jing" full lotus is a GREAT technique, i'm rather an enthusiat myself about it. However it doesn't fix having a consciousness stuck in the "lower" centers.

When you see a woman, what do you see? I agree the female body is pretty, but so are flowers...do flowers give you a "boner" too? :P When you can look and admire the beauty of a female without lust then you're good. This, from my experience, comes from having an open heart. My experience is that when my heart is open, or rather when my consciousness is raised to the heart level, it's much like being like a child again. For me when I see a cute girl it's like seeing a flower, it just makes me smile :) no thoughts like "I want to put my penis in that", it's just like "awwww thats cute lookin...like a puppy or kitten". Sharing heart energy is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more fulfilling, imo, than sharing sex energy, and it's not draining. BUT in order to do that both parties have to have an open heart and have to have a generally healthy emotional body. This is becoming rarer and rarer these days.

Anything that suppresses consciousness will keep you stuck in the lower energies. Drew is an avid activist for the full-lotus for it's ability to convert "sex energy" to "jing", and I agree with his emphasis on it and agree with it's importance (although I'd say throw some LDT breathing in there and you're golden).I am an avid activist on a high fruit diet/herbs/fasting because it is a method of raising one's consciousness. I have found with ongoing personal experimentation that diet is related in EVERY way to who and what we are and how we experience this world through this vessel. We don't normally think about this but what is "food"? It's an energy, a vibration that we choose to have a rather intimate relationship with. We "fuse" with it. If the energy is lower than our own then our energy is lowered by it, if the energy is higher than our own, then we are strengthened by it. I have found a fruit diet (including raw lettuce greens and raw green vegetables on occasion) to be the greatest aid in eliminating factors that lower consciousness. Cleansing in general, the removal of obstruction in the physical body, is an incredible tool in allowing one to return to what I believe is man's "natural state". Remember that all bodies, physical, mental, emotional, etc are all related, what effects one, effects the others. It seems alot of people like to do meditation and things like EFT, hypnosis, energy work, etc, and thats a great way to increase energy, but if you're not addressing why your energy isn't high in the first place it's like running to strengthen your lungs while you're smoking. Many people seem to ignore the physical aspect of life, I see alot of overweight, out of shape, unhealthy energy practitioners, and i'm not baggin' on them, they're free to live their life as they wish, but this seems to be a certain "missing link" in cultivation.

The relationship between food and mind is an ancient concept that I didn't really believe in until I noticed it in myself. I used to be a MUCH diff person than I am now and I found by simply changing my diet, changing the vibrations that I choose to merge with my own, my body is different, my emotions are different, my THOUGHTS (HUGE for me) are different. And this is the greatest help I've found in terms of "lust" and banishing it from my consciousness. From simply changing my diet my lust has been replaced by admiration/adoration. When I see a cute girl instead of wanting to do anything sexual, the only "urge" i might get is to give them a hug. Instead of my lower centers getting activated, my heart gets activated and it's all "love-based" rather than "sex based", it's all about the heart, not about the sex organs. ( Although to my surprise the feelings don't seem to be mutual 90% of the time, which causes me great sadness )

Drew, Have you ever tried this? I know Chunyi Lin advises fasting and I know you have your own experience where fasting increased your energy, and I've found the same thing to be true. In fact I did about two weeks where I'd go 2 days with no food or water and on the third day I would drink fresh squeezed grape juice. During that time I started working out and was able to at least triple all reps in all exercises, and at the end, for the first time in my life I was able to do handstand push-ups. However I've found that in terms of consciousness and energy, fruit is second best. I've found that meat, grains (<--ESPECIALLY!! There's a reasons ancient daoists said to avoid them) dairy and eggs and all overt fats and stimulating spices, are all "damaging" to energy and all lower consciousness. Also have you ever read the works of Dr. Arnold Ehret? Specifically The Mucusless DIet Healing System? I posted it up for free download here:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17378-fasting-inedia-and-human-potential/page__view__findpost__p__242518

It poses that man is in fact an "air gas engine", or that we dont run on food, that when the body is internally "clean" we can run indefinately upon breath alone. He also outlines a system to reach this state with various methods and transitions. This too is talked about in daoist texts.

Referencing Immortals:

They dwell apart from the chaotic world of man, subsist on air and dew, are not anxious like ordinary people, and have the smooth skin and innocent faces of children.

The Huainanzi stated,

Those who eat qi achieve spiritual illumination and are long lived; those who eat grain have quick minds and short lived.

There was another text that said something like "those who eat grains will be foolish, those who eat meat with be angry, those who eat herbs will something and those who eat air will attain the dao"

But back to the original point. I believe most people shut their heart off, shut out their emotions, stop feelings and they forget how to have a heart connection, they forget what it was like as a child, being open, loving, accepting of themselves. Much of modern "arousal" is based on what drew calls "lower emotional blackages". These need to be awakened and cleared out/healed. Believe it or not a fruit/herb diet combined with fasting WILL CLEAR OUT EMOTIONAL BLOCKAGES!! I've done it and experienced it on myself. This is especially pronounced on water fasts for me. What will happen is at first one will be hungry and weakened for the first 3 days or so, then hunger disappears (cause it wasn't actually hunger ;) ) and one goes through whatever they must. For me, when I get to day 7-8 emotional detox starts kicking in. I'll get really agitated at first, I'll feel where the blockages are and it'll feel "tense" like...it's hard to explain, but it's almost like I can feel my energy pushing against an obstruction, kinda like a golfball in a hose, the pressure builds up....then there's a release. After this tension (which i'll experience as a craving for food, not for sustenance but to stop the detoxification process) there's a huge release of emotion, I'll usually cry or scream or something...usually ends with crying...then turns to laughing and then it's like "ahhhhhhhh" and everything is light and bouncy and happy :)

This stuff may only seem like "dietary change" to the mainstream consciousness but it "wakes you up", it raises consciousness and helps you heal. Remember that your body is constantly trying to heal itself, it is our mind and our conditioning that says "this grumbling and discomfort in my stomach is caused by a lack of food and I need food to live" instead of "this grumbling and discomfort is caused by toxins in my digestive system from past wrong living, I'm thankful my body is getting rid of this for me".

From personal experience I believe lust to be a result of lower emotional blockages and having the consciousness stuck in other areas other than the heart.

ANother quick matter that I've noticed occur through fruit/fasting is the awakening of something, that I would call "my higher self". Most of my life I've been a slave to my mind until it began makings for the worst. My character was decaying QUICKLY and I noticed it and felt helpless to stop it...until I discovered fasting. Whenever things felt like I was no longer "in control" I fasted and something miraculous happened...I "woke up", I became the "me" I am now. The mind ( actually I don't believe it was just the mind, I believe there were "things" involved too ), no longer had power over me. This also happened thru a fruit diet. I began to awaken as myself and began to "know" who I was and why I'm here. The only way that I can explain this is that my consciousness was raised, but fasting alone will only raise it, then if you go back to the way you lived before you'll lose it. Thus I maintain it will fruits and use herbs to enhance the effect of healing. I believe this stuff has a direct effect on the "aura" of an individual. Again, I was battling something that wasn't "me" and the only way I was able to overcome it was to regain control of my mind by raising the power of my spirit, or raising consciousness. I now feel like this body is able to "channel" more of "me" and thus more of me resides in this body than "them". This is MUCH more than a simply dietary change, much like full lotus is MUCH more than a yoga position ;)

SO finally...the difference between "sex thoughts" and "non-sex thoughts" is the presence of the desire to have sex (duh). The desire to have sex is just like the desire for food or alcohol or drugs or TV...it's to eliminate the uncomfortable sensation of having alot of energy. Becoming immortal (which is our natural state) isn't a "comfortable" process, it's not a walk in the park, it's not easy and it's not always fun. So when you look at a woman like you look upon a bunch of flowers or a furry kitten, then you've eliminated "sex thoughts". How do you get there? Awaken you heart, awaken your inner child, raise your consciousness. I and many others have found that fruits/herbs/fasting does the trick rather nicely. I also do Spontaneous Qigong from time to time because I notice it does the same thing fasting does (via emotional detox, but not on a physical level). Essentially, cry, laugh, scream, FEEL and you wont need the overstimulation of the sympathetic nervous system (ejaculation), to break you out of your unconsciousness numb "stupor" to feel "alive".

Anyway that's MY piece, my diarrhea-of-the-mouth rant.

Peace

-Astral

I thought this was a good question, thought I might add my point of view.

I agree with drew that full lotus "burns off" or transmitts sex fluid. I used to have "wet dreams" but I'd wake up and hold it back. Since practicing full lotus I no longer have sex dreams or any noctural urge to ejaculate. So I'd agree that to reconvert "sex energy" to "jing" full lotus is a GREAT technique, i'm rather an enthusiat myself about it. However it doesn't fix having a consciousness stuck in the "lower" centers.

When you see a woman, what do you see? I agree the female body is pretty, but so are flowers...do flowers give you a "boner" too? :P When you can look and admire the beauty of a female without lust then you're good. This, from my experience, comes from having an open heart. My experience is that when my heart is open, or rather when my consciousness is raised to the heart level, it's much like being like a child again. For me when I see a cute girl it's like seeing a flower, it just makes me smile :) no thoughts like "I want to put my penis in that", it's just like "awwww thats cute lookin...like a puppy or kitten". Sharing heart energy is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more fulfilling, imo, than sharing sex energy, and it's not draining. BUT in order to do that both parties have to have an open heart and have to have a generally healthy emotional body. This is becoming rarer and rarer these days.

Anything that suppresses consciousness will keep you stuck in the lower energies. Drew is an avid activist for the full-lotus for it's ability to convert "sex energy" to "jing", and I agree with his emphasis on it and agree with it's importance (although I'd say throw some LDT breathing in there and you're golden).I am an avid activist on a high fruit diet/herbs/fasting because it is a method of raising one's consciousness. I have found with ongoing personal experimentation that diet is related in EVERY way to who and what we are and how we experience this world through this vessel. We don't normally think about this but what is "food"? It's an energy, a vibration that we choose to have a rather intimate relationship with. We "fuse" with it. If the energy is lower than our own then our energy is lowered by it, if the energy is higher than our own, then we are strengthened by it. I have found a fruit diet (including raw lettuce greens and raw green vegetables on occasion) to be the greatest aid in eliminating factors that lower consciousness. Cleansing in general, the removal of obstruction in the physical body, is an incredible tool in allowing one to return to what I believe is man's "natural state". Remember that all bodies, physical, mental, emotional, etc are all related, what effects one, effects the others. It seems alot of people like to do meditation and things like EFT, hypnosis, energy work, etc, and thats a great way to increase energy, but if you're not addressing why your energy isn't high in the first place it's like running to strengthen your lungs while you're smoking. Many people seem to ignore the physical aspect of life, I see alot of overweight, out of shape, unhealthy energy practitioners, and i'm not baggin' on them, they're free to live their life as they wish, but this seems to be a certain "missing link" in cultivation.

The relationship between food and mind is an ancient concept that I didn't really believe in until I noticed it in myself. I used to be a MUCH diff person than I am now and I found by simply changing my diet, changing the vibrations that I choose to merge with my own, my body is different, my emotions are different, my THOUGHTS (HUGE for me) are different. And this is the greatest help I've found in terms of "lust" and banishing it from my consciousness. From simply changing my diet my lust has been replaced by admiration/adoration. When I see a cute girl instead of wanting to do anything sexual, the only "urge" i might get is to give them a hug. Instead of my lower centers getting activated, my heart gets activated and it's all "love-based" rather than "sex based", it's all about the heart, not about the sex organs. ( Although to my surprise the feelings don't seem to be mutual 90% of the time, which causes me great sadness )

Drew, Have you ever tried this? I know Chunyi Lin advises fasting and I know you have your own experience where fasting increased your energy, and I've found the same thing to be true. In fact I did about two weeks where I'd go 2 days with no food or water and on the third day I would drink fresh squeezed grape juice. During that time I started working out and was able to at least triple all reps in all exercises, and at the end, for the first time in my life I was able to do handstand push-ups. However I've found that in terms of consciousness and energy, fruit is second best. I've found that meat, grains (<--ESPECIALLY!! There's a reasons ancient daoists said to avoid them) dairy and eggs and all overt fats and stimulating spices, are all "damaging" to energy and all lower consciousness. Also have you ever read the works of Dr. Arnold Ehret? Specifically The Mucusless DIet Healing System? I posted it up for free download here:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17378-fasting-inedia-and-human-potential/page__view__findpost__p__242518

It poses that man is in fact an "air gas engine", or that we dont run on food, that when the body is internally "clean" we can run indefinately upon breath alone. He also outlines a system to reach this state with various methods and transitions. This too is talked about in daoist texts.

Referencing Immortals:

The Huainanzi stated,

There was another text that said something like "those who eat grains will be foolish, those who eat meat with be angry, those who eat herbs will something and those who eat air will attain the dao"

But back to the original point. I believe most people shut their heart off, shut out their emotions, stop feelings and they forget how to have a heart connection, they forget what it was like as a child, being open, loving, accepting of themselves. Much of modern "arousal" is based on what drew calls "lower emotional blackages". These need to be awakened and cleared out/healed. Believe it or not a fruit/herb diet combined with fasting WILL CLEAR OUT EMOTIONAL BLOCKAGES!! I've done it and experienced it on myself. This is especially pronounced on water fasts for me. What will happen is at first one will be hungry and weakened for the first 3 days or so, then hunger disappears (cause it wasn't actually hunger ;) ) and one goes through whatever they must. For me, when I get to day 7-8 emotional detox starts kicking in. I'll get really agitated at first, I'll feel where the blockages are and it'll feel "tense" like...it's hard to explain, but it's almost like I can feel my energy pushing against an obstruction, kinda like a golfball in a hose, the pressure builds up....then there's a release. After this tension (which i'll experience as a craving for food, not for sustenance but to stop the detoxification process) there's a huge release of emotion, I'll usually cry or scream or something...usually ends with crying...then turns to laughing and then it's like "ahhhhhhhh" and everything is light and bouncy and happy :)

This stuff may only seem like "dietary change" to the mainstream consciousness but it "wakes you up", it raises consciousness and helps you heal. Remember that your body is constantly trying to heal itself, it is our mind and our conditioning that says "this grumbling and discomfort in my stomach is caused by a lack of food and I need food to live" instead of "this grumbling and discomfort is caused by toxins in my digestive system from past wrong living, I'm thankful my body is getting rid of this for me".

From personal experience I believe lust to be a result of lower emotional blockages and having the consciousness stuck in other areas other than the heart.

ANother quick matter that I've noticed occur through fruit/fasting is the awakening of something, that I would call "my higher self". Most of my life I've been a slave to my mind until it began makings for the worst. My character was decaying QUICKLY and I noticed it and felt helpless to stop it...until I discovered fasting. Whenever things felt like I was no longer "in control" I fasted and something miraculous happened...I "woke up", I became the "me" I am now. The mind ( actually I don't believe it was just the mind, I believe there were "things" involved too ), no longer had power over me. This also happened thru a fruit diet. I began to awaken as myself and began to "know" who I was and why I'm here. The only way that I can explain this is that my consciousness was raised, but fasting alone will only raise it, then if you go back to the way you lived before you'll lose it. Thus I maintain it will fruits and use herbs to enhance the effect of healing. I believe this stuff has a direct effect on the "aura" of an individual. Again, I was battling something that wasn't "me" and the only way I was able to overcome it was to regain control of my mind by raising the power of my spirit, or raising consciousness. I now feel like this body is able to "channel" more of "me" and thus more of me resides in this body than "them". This is MUCH more than a simply dietary change, much like full lotus is MUCH more than a yoga position ;)

SO finally...the difference between "sex thoughts" and "non-sex thoughts" is the presence of the desire to have sex (duh). The desire to have sex is just like the desire for food or alcohol or drugs or TV...it's to eliminate the uncomfortable sensation of having alot of energy. Becoming immortal (which is our natural state) isn't a "comfortable" process, it's not a walk in the park, it's not easy and it's not always fun. So when you look at a woman like you look upon a bunch of flowers or a furry kitten, then you've eliminated "sex thoughts". How do you get there? Awaken you heart, awaken your inner child, raise your consciousness. I and many others have found that fruits/herbs/fasting does the trick rather nicely. I also do Spontaneous Qigong from time to time because I notice it does the same thing fasting does (via emotional detox, but not on a physical level). Essentially, cry, laugh, scream, FEEL and you wont need the overstimulation of the sympathetic nervous system (ejaculation), to break you out of your unconsciousness numb "stupor" to feel "alive".

Anyway that's MY piece, my diarrhea-of-the-mouth rant.

Peace

-Astral

Yeah I just finished another two hour full lotus session. I had to take a seven minute break at 45 minutes so then I sat an extra seven minutes at the end. When I came out of it I was at the computer and my brother-in-law came down and immediately he had anger in his body that I was then sucking up. So when I sucked up his anger I realized that in contrast my energy was ecstasy of the heart. I could already feel the hot sensation in the lower tan tien going up to the heart and the magnetic brain bliss but I wasn't sure just how happy I was or love feeling. I told my brother-in-law jokingly -- you can tell me all your troubles and I'm here for you. haha. He then sat down next to me and we jokingly pestered each other and I was surprised to hear myself laughing this -- I suppose it sounds like a stoner laugh. haha. So then his mood was way better almost immediately.

He wanted me to go with him but I said I need to eat breakfast -- even though it's 1 p.m. haha. He slept in my room so normally I get an earlier start but I eat a brunch instead. When I eat fruit then I get internal tingling -- anything with high sugar. So I can't help it. I want to eat fruit but it makes me smell like shit. haha. I even asked Chunyi Lin about this -- I didn't say shit but I said "number two" and I said that even when I eat fruit I smell bad. He said that I should eat kiwi.

Well I haven't ate kiwi yet but I remember him saying it had special healing properties. Anyway he said I needed to eat more food but when I got the phone healing I had been fasting for three days -- without full lotus. I mean I had three fruit in three days. But normally when I fast I sit in full lotus and I take in the extra jing energy around me as food.

Ironically yesterday when I went to pick up my brother-in-law at the airport my sister grilled me to see if I had ate food yet. Because even when I was planning to go get him I had to remind myself not to fast. My family had actually expected me to be fasting for my brother-in-law's visit because that was my secret to transforming his anger. He even thanked me for it last time. This time I told him how when I got the healing from the Chinese energy master that he told me to now store up my energy. So I said I was no longer doing the healings anymore.

So then I asked Chunyi Lin if I could eat meat and milk and he said yes. I do eat tons of cayenne every day -- several tablespoons full. Yesterday at the restaurant I accidentally snorted dry chili cayenne up the nose and then the coughing reflex kicked in and I gasping to breath for a minute. haha. When I survived I said -- wow a NDE -- I really needed that. haha.

Because Chunyi Lin said I needed to eat more food and that my kidney energy was very weak. This year I've done a ten day fast, a five day fast, a three day fast, and a couple one day fasts. Like I said normally I sit in full lotus non-stop for the fasts -- until my mom threatens to take me to the doctor -- so then I have to quick do physical labor to prove I had energy. haha. So as soon as I switched to four eggs a day I immediately noted my voice as stronger and lower -- my jing energy had increased. haha. Also I eat sardines as it's winter with next to no sunlight here. So I get vitamin D from those. But as Chunyi Lin said - it's great that I can do the pineal gland transmissions to give females bliss but until I store up the energy in the lower tan tien then the transmissions will be weak.

So as I said I just finished a two hour full lotus session and I no longer flex my pineal gland. I have been tempted to try again but it's almost like I forgot how already. It's been about a month now since I got the phone healing but my third eye feels different now - there's stronger electromagnetic bliss since I am storing it up more. But still the chi energy dissipates during the day as the people around me need it. So I now what you mean by the love energy but again if there are pervs around me then they deconvert my chi energy back down to sex fluids. Also if I am exposed to video or media or photos that have the intention of creating sexual desire then that will also deconvert the chi to sex fluids. For example in Brahmin rituals -- I found this in a book on Brahmin priest rituals -- if they even SEE a female the Brahmin priest is supposed to do a three day purification ritual!! I found that in a book in a second hand store but I have not seen that information since. But still the Brahmin is relying on mind yoga whereas the full lotus will burn off the sex fluid back into heart energy.

So unfortunately I am not a Brahmin nor am I in a monastery -- and unfortunately modern society is based on being pervs. For example if you watch Rainie Yang dramas which I like -- they will use the term "perv" and if someone is a perv in the drama then they will say so and expose it! But in U.S. culture being a "perv" is the norm for the most part -- it's only the exception that someone will call it out as not acceptable. haha. So I agree that the perv is a state of mind but it's also a two-way street. So that's why I sit in full lotus as much as possible as pre-emptive defense as well. The only thing is that, again, I can barely eat food or else I off-gas shit smell from my brain -- leaching toxins. Chunyi Lin said this is o.k. but to just keep meditating. I had been vegetarian for several months but Chunyi Lin said my kidney energy was too weak although again I had been on a three day fast with no full lotus taking in the jing energy. So I am stuck in this in between state of needing to purify the jing energy more into more chi energy. But really you have to first build up the chi strong enough before it's a real bigu energy feast fast as I did my first eight day fast on half a glass of water.

Yeah Astral I looked at the links -- the Aghori book says after being vegetarian then just eat fruit and nuts and then just drink milk. But then the mucusly diet dude would definitely considering drinking milk to be going backwards in the diet. haha.

So there's emotions as the first energy blockage and then there's nutrition. So it depends on what emotion setting we are around first and then we match our nutrition to the emotion. So if we are young then our jing energy is strong and so is our lust emotion so we need no food to convert the jing to chi. But if we are surrounded by pervs then we can have our jing energy sucked off quickly. So then we need food to replace it or else we need to find a place away from the pervs. This is why traditional in Taoist culture it's only after learning all the martial arts does a person then learn qigong internal power. Because the martial artist can definitely keep the pervs away. haha. I mean if people want to fight it is due to a lower emotional blockage anyway -- like a friend of mine once joked about these frat boys fighting -- I bet if their clothes were off they wouldn't be fighting.

The other thing is about the boners -- again you get boners from internal climaxes but that doesn't mean there are sex thoughts. In fact "Taoist Yoga" is very clear about this -- don't meditate to convert the jing into chi until you have a boner and it says this should happen naturally around 11 p.m. but don't wait until after midnight to do it.

So again if you're not getting boners then that means the jing energy is not strong enough. But even then you have to store up the jing energy -- so Taoist Yoga states if a person is having nocturnal emissions -- that doesn't mean they have too much jing energy. Actually they need to keep filling up more jing energy -- way past the point of the threat of nocturnal emissions. There testes are still just "half full." haha.

So also if we do a lot of exercise -- that is great to build muscle -- but that is not the same as converting jing energy into chi. Muscle is a type of stored chi potential -- which is why it's secretly attractive to females. But the thing is that actually too much exercise is bad for building chi energy. It's stated very clearly in "Taoist Yoga" that at the advanced stage then there should be next to no exercise -- because this wastes chi energy.

So if there is a lot of exercise then you'd have to eat more food to create more jing energy to convert it to chi -- and this is an indirect path. Relying on food as "post-natal" jing energy is a dirty indirect path. But the older people get the more they have to rely on "post-natal" jing energy.

So for me -- again I can take in lower emotional jing energy -- and if I don't flex my pineal gland then I can store this up. But then if I am perv attacked then I will dissipate the chi energy again. So then I am not storing up enough energy. So then I eat more food to build up even more jing energy. So then eventually if I keep storing up energy and then only lose chi energy indirectly through dissipation -- eventually this should build up the chi again for true bigu energy feasting -- fasting.

But still it will take at least three months. The other issue is how much time do we meditate a day? When I did my intensive training I was meditating at least six hours a day. But then after I had my enlightenment experience I could feel the energy of people around me -- including through the walls -- and that's how I discovered the perv attacks! So then I moved nine times in one year looking for a quiet place to practice but I gave up. So then I just sat in full lotus pre-emptively. But sitting in full lotus is not the same as meditation. Just like I don't do small universe in a chair -- because only the full lotus protects you from lower body leakages and attacks of the lower emotions -- I mean most effectively.

So as I build up my chi more then actually I need to meditate more. Right now I've been lucky to have a two hour non-stop session even though I still get interrupted. Then I sit in full lotus during the day but again I am off-gassing bad smell. So I am stuck in a sort of post-mundane reality. I mean the more you meditate the more you have to meditate. So the only choice will be to replace sleep with meditation so I am not bothered. Then when my chi is built up enough then I can go back to a really pure diet as I did during my intensive training -- vegan and no salt. Of course the other factor is the weather -- I mean in Minnesota Chunyi Lin calls it the Tibet of the U.S. haha. So in Tibet the Buddhists eat meat unless they have really built up their chi energy to live off the tummo energy.

Master Nan, Huai-chin is another great full lotus promoter -- saying how if your channels are open then you can sit in full lotus in ease. This recent blog post by Bill Bodri, the student of Master Nan, Huai-chin -- on apana -- not just watching the breath but letting go of the body and then the chi flows on its own and opens up more easily. Not needing to visualize chi flow - -just sit in awareness. But also it says that any sexual dissipation will be a loss of chi energy. Bodri, like "Taoist Yoga," also state that eating meat may be necessary for to increase the jing energy.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/2011/08/internal-martial-arts-nei-gong-and-anapana/

Edited by fulllotus

Master Nan, Huai-chin is another great full lotus promoter -- saying how if your channels are open then you can sit in full lotus in ease. This recent blog post by Bill Bodri, the student of Master Nan, Huai-chin -- on apana -- not just watching the breath but letting go of the body and then the chi flows on its own and opens up more easily. Not needing to visualize chi flow - -just sit in awareness. But also it says that any sexual dissipation will be a loss of chi energy. Bodri, like "Taoist Yoga," also state that eating meat may be necessary for to increase the jing energy.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/2011/08/internal-martial-arts-nei-gong-and-anapana/

I agree with what he said about "If you let go of your body, you’re not holding on to it. Hence all your chi can start arising in your body and opening channels because you’re not holding onto any muscles or sensations that would interrupt or block that natural flow which you just allowed to happen."

Actually I let go of body and mind, and let the location as my awareness occurs act, through the effect of location on balance. A lot of letting go, a state of falling asleep or waking up I would say. Speaking of which sounds good and I think I'll sit.

I had a vision of sorts two mornings ago. Just waking up, on my side and eyes open and there hovering over my girlfriend was a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, luminescent in blue, smiling. I was aware that my eyes were open and I was not dreaming. The cat meowed and wanted affection, and the vision vanished.

Haven't done that since college days, when I was watching flashing Christmas lights behind two sheets of the plex stuff they use for flourescent lights, and I saw a woman and two kids next to a Studebaker near a beach for a few seconds. No idea what it means, although my family did own a Studebaker in the early days and my mother and father did take my brother and I to the beach sometimes.

Jesus said, the vision comes from the mind, which is between the spirit and the soul- hmmm.

Edited by Mark Foote

I agree with what he said about "If you let go of your body, you’re not holding on to it. Hence all your chi can start arising in your body and opening channels because you’re not holding onto any muscles or sensations that would interrupt or block that natural flow which you just allowed to happen."

Actually I let go of body and mind, and let the location as my awareness occurs act, through the effect of location on balance. A lot of letting go, a state of falling asleep or waking up I would say. Speaking of which sounds good and I think I'll sit.

I had a vision of sorts two mornings ago. Just waking up, on my side and eyes open and there hovering over my girlfriend was a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, luminescent in blue, smiling. I was aware that my eyes were open and I was not dreaming. The cat meowed and wanted affection, and the vision vanished.

Haven't done that since college days, when I was watching flashing Christmas lights behind two sheets of the plex stuff they use for flourescent lights, and I saw a woman and two kids next to a Studebaker near a beach for a few seconds. No idea what it means, although my family did own a Studebaker in the early days and my mother and father did take my brother and I to the beach sometimes.

Jesus said, the vision comes from the mind, which is between the spirit and the soul- hmmm.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fpl/2010/11/18/heal-thyself-with-spring-forest-qigong-master-teacher-chunyi-lin

Here's a new blog talk Chunyi Lin podcast interview - new to me at least. haha. Enjoy.

For other Chunyi Lin podcast interviews:

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/10/time-to-replay-chunyi-lins-latest.html

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-podcast-1-hr-interview-with-chunyi.html

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-chunyi-lin-podcast-august-8-2011.html

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15058-new-chunyi-lin-podcast/

http://www.brainsturbator.com/forums/viewthread/1268/

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2010/08/edgewalkers-chunyi-lin-podcast-and-phil.html

Edited by fulllotus

I don't do full lotus, so I can't contrast it, but I know that most things described here can be done without full lotus or a master.

Is there anyone who does full-lotus and doesn't notice a difference?

I was told by a master of great attainment that meditation begins where comfort ends, and cultivation begins where pain starts.

I heard something very similar. I think it was from Zen.

"The moment you're uncomfortable is the moment your meditation has begun."

• Like 1

haha. Yeah great question. The answer is consciousness itself -- to empty the mind out. It's difficult to describe. All I can say is there's electromagnetic bliss in the center of the brain that then creates light spirit energy and the electromagnetic bliss fills the brain.

So it's one thing for an individual to empty their mind out -- as I state I recommend full lotus as the best means to sublimate the sex energy -- to BURN it off and purify it. Yogananda states full lotus burns bad karma. Chunyi Lin states 20 minutes of full lotus equals four hours of any other type of meditation.

O.K. so the book "Taoist Yoga" emphasizes that most meditation focuses on lowering the fire heart spirit energy but unless the water sex energy is sublimated then it's very difficult for the fire heart energy to get under the water to create the proper alchemical stove.

O.K. so again it's one thing to sit in a room alone in full lotus and empty the mind out -- purify it -- to sublimate the sex energy -- to burn or exorcise the body of lower emotional blockages -- not just lust but also anger of the liver, sadness of the lungs, fear of the kidneys, worry of the pancreas and even love of the heart -- over-excitement.

O.K. then it's another thing to leave your room and then have people come up to you and interact with your energy. It's a matter of how much you can sense.

So for example if I "flex my pineal gland" while in full lotus then I can transmit energy through the walls and ceilings and I can also sense the energy as it interacts with others. But I no longer "flex" my pineal gland.

So now my energy just builds up on its own but it also dissipates still - just by interacting with others. As I stated if I sit in full lotus then this is great pre-emptive defense against the perv attacks. So I've relied on that the past couple days and it's helped tremendously.

Interesting experience. Fire sinks with exhalation and heart fills with inhalation. Use exhalation to sink the fire, then the steam rises to the cavity of the spirit.

What do you mean by flexing the pineal? Does that activate the crown or intensify the tingling of the pineal?

Edited by Informer

I don't do full lotus, so I can't contrast it, but I know that most things described here can be done without full lotus or a master.

Is there anyone who does full-lotus and doesn't notice a difference?

Indeed. I don't mean to boast but I can hold a pretty much perfect full-lotus for two hours or so if I REALLY try and push past the pain. Honestly, I don't really notice any difference at all... I meditate in it anyway though because of its supposed awesomeness.

Maybe I'm just not sensitive enough...