Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Art Of The Bedchamber

OooOh.. thanks, man... I added that to my shopping cart...

I hope it haves male sexual cultivation tips in it, as well, though O_O (it didn't say... and the emphasis on 'womens solo practice' on the cover leads me to believe it probably doesn't...)

yeah, has anyone read it??

OooOh.. thanks, man... I added that to my shopping cart...

I hope it haves male sexual cultivation tips in it, as well, though O_O (it didn't say... and the emphasis on 'womens solo practice' on the cover leads me to believe it probably doesn't...)

yeah, has anyone read it??

i have it..long time ago, no instructions or anything..just a translation by a scholar..cool recipes in there however. I don't remember getting any useful instructions from there.

T

Excellent book. It's not a practice manual. And the ancient texts are both dry and obscure (kind of like reading through Numbers or Dueteronomy).

But the introduction (which I think is 60 pages or so) is worth the price of admission. Worth it's weight in gold actually.

Wyle provides a great overview of daoist philosophy in general and sexual practices in particular (original ancient origins as well as evelotuion of theory). And also a quick review of some of the sex stuff that has been promulgated to the west in recent years (Chia gets a pretty favorable mention if I remember correctly).

I reccomend it for anyone's library.

I'm curious if anyone know anything about Wyle personally. I heard someone say once that he and his wife were both practictioners but I really don't know much about him.

I have it and second Spyrelx's review. I plan on reading it again, but this time I'll use a highlighter so I can transmute the old texts into something more practice friendly.

(2006, I need to play with the search function more often :) )

Just received my copy a few days ago. Normally when I get a book I just flip through a few pages and read bits and pieces here and there to get an overview of the book. (did that with Taoist Yoga)

But anywhere that you open Art of the Bedchamber is interesting, I love old texts, it's almost impossible to stop reading.

This book really is a goldmine and I have not even read the intro yet :) Hugh thanks to Procurator for suggesting I read this.

(2006, I need to play with the search function more often :) )

Just received my copy a few days ago. Normally when I get a book I just flip through a few pages and read bits and pieces here and there to get an overview of the book. (did that with Taoist Yoga)

But anywhere that you open Art of the Bedchamber is interesting, I love old texts, it's almost impossible to stop reading.

This book really is a goldmine and I have not even read the intro yet :) Hugh thanks to Procurator for suggesting I read this.

maybe we should read it in the book club. Looks like a good translation.

Sign in to follow this