Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Meditation Timer Software

While I by now own one of those nice Zen-clocks with a bowl ( http://www.now-zen.com/ )

I was still on search for a software timer...

For some the following might be interesting (especially for the Yogani stuff)

http://www.deep-mind.com/medsoft.php (the basic program, which actually is enough nice, is for free)

why for the Yogani stuff: well. it allows you to set an intervall starting from 3 minutes and have 3 intervalls...

If you need a more flexible timer, like for setting an endless pattern of intervalls... this is not the right one...

and actually I would be happy if anyone could advise one. I wanted such kind of timer for my mudra-practices so that I do not have to look at a watch when to swap the mudras...

it would be great if one could program it like this: 3 minutes, 1 minutes, 2 minutes, 4 minutes

and this in one row with possible repetirion pattern...

so far: enjoy the above.

Harry

I was looking at those zen clocks, but i couldnt spend that much dinero.....so, I used the mic that came with my computer and recorded 1 minute of silence. I then repeated that track for as long as I needed, added another track that was just very quiet rain. I came up with several different "playlists" for my different needs.

I also found a track of mystic bowls on Real player, i think, that was a nice addition. I think it was a buck.

Those my be a few ideas that will keep the cost down, but still allow you to manipulate the times and intervals as you need. Pretty cool, huh?

Thankx for your thoughts on the topic guys... and yes Matt: pretty cool :)

but to tbe honest:

Smiles link actually (while not giving me exactly what I wanted) gave me a neat little addition to the meditation tutor for use with my mudras...

thankx again

Harry

That is some super snazzy clock.

I want one, except I always wake up just before the alarm goes off, no matter what time I set it.

Sign in to follow this