Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Image Streaming

thelerner,

Thanks so much for going to all of the trouble of posting this material. I read a book by Win Wenger, I believe it was call Your Limitless Inventing Machine, back in the late 1970s or early 80s and found it very interesting and the techniques useful. He provided some real insights into mind functioning for me, over time they were pretty much overlayed by my research and experiences with NLP, but I would not have been able to appreciate NLP as much as I did without good old Win.

I have only scanned the material which you posted, but it seems much as I remember it. Should anyone be interested, Wenger is still around and has his own website at http://www.winwenger.com/. Thanks again.

In December I want to do some work on image streaming. See if it I can expose some of the promise it suggests. Ultimately see how close I can get to waking dreams.

Why is it necessary to have a recording device or a third party?

What if you just spoke it aloud with no recording device? What if you just described it to yourself in your head?

Why is it necessary to have a recording device or a third party?

What if you just spoke it aloud with no recording device? What if you just described it to yourself in your head?

He goes over that point in his article. Apparently having the listener, even if its a recorder (the ultimate exact listener) is necessary. I think he explains why somewhere. It may have to do with creating a little more pressure and self conscious feedback.

There a method for learning to play an instrument by ear. It had you play for fun, no particular lesson, for 30 minutes (or was it an hour) then listen to the recording later the same day. You did it for 30 days and supposedly it gave you knack for understanding the instrument and playing by ear, because it made playing more intimate, like your voice.

I don't know if that technique works, but I tend to write better when I have to read it immediately to others. Even writing stories in my PPD here tends to get me more into the flow, knowing they could be read immediately, then if I typed them on a word processor without any outside pressure.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this