Everything

How to get into Focused Trance State

I recently remembered that, when I was younger, I used to be able to get into a Focused Trance-like State of Mind very easily. I forgot everything around me and didn't care. I was easily distracted, but was able to return to the trance like state. The only thing stopping me from fully delving into it was the fact that I sometimes coulden't actually hear when someone called my name. In school we would study, sometimes the teacher said something, the whole class looked at me because I was the only one not listening. Since that happened I was always cautious to not over-use it during a class. This thing is very powerful for studying, reading, playing video-games, playing music. It seems like self-hypnosis or something. Some call it an alpha brain state, but that term just seems so broad.

So if anyone got any meditations/practices that you advice for improving your ability to get into such a state of mind, I'd very much appreciate it.

I always get into the trance state for studying quicker. I would also like to find a practice that talks about deviding my awareness during the trance state, so that I can hover in between the world around me when I need to and quickly return to this trance state when I continue my studying or whatever activity. Also the ability to fully focus my trance state on the activity. You know, the times when you loose track of time and it seems to go by really fast. Very funny, because it actually feels like time travel. Not only am I more effective this way in my study, the time I spend studying seems to go by faster! Everytime you come out of it, it feels like you're in a diffrent time zone.

I can already do these things. I just would like to know if there exists any practices that can improve upon these and actually gives me a new set of words to describe the whole process and explore it even further in new ways. I can talk about in terms of "focused trance state" but that just sounds stupid in the ears of many.

Edited by Everything

My suggestion: use breath meditation at the lower belly.

Instructions: completely let go into the breath.

Just notice it go in and out. Let go of all thinking and doing. Let go of all other sensory stimuli. However, be completely open, and do not attempt to block out anything. Just notice the breath coming in and out. Only know the breath and the chi field at that point.

However, do not 'try' to feel the chi or 'do' anything there. Just be completely present and mindful of the breath at the belly coming in andout without any break in that mindfulness. It should be continuous.

This one practice will take you all the the way to the Tao. it is really cultivating chi, and directly noticinga the tao as it is, in this present moment.

Follow this practice for a minimum of 20 minutes, and up to an hour or more once or preferably twice daily.

You will be enlightened in a little while. Because the Tao is here and now - always was, is and will be. We need only let go, get out of our mind - thinking and doing - and we will directly realise Tao as the natural state of things. As who an what we are.

Enjoy. Practice, practice, practice.

Adam.

• Like 2

I know exactly what you are talking about, I spent alot of my school hours in trance, didnt know I was doing it of course. Sometimes my teachers would say, "you look confused.", but it was really because my face had become so flacid and relaxed and my eyes glazed over. I was following, but in a trance.

The best way to train yourself to go into trance is not by meditation, its by going into trance. What I did was read books about hypnosis and read hypnotic inductions to yourself as if you were reading them to someone else. Another good thing is to read RJ's speed seduction patterns, as if you were reciting them to a female. This will give you blissful sexual energy along with a really nice trance. After a while you will not need the inductions as a trigger, because you will be able to locate the mental/physiological triggers that send you into trance directly. But the inductions are always good to have. Let me know if you need a bibliography.

Talking about going into trance is trance inducing, so you might find yourself already there. Its a matter of allowing yourself to feel those feelings, which are wonderful. In fact I think I will go there for November and December, since I am moving from state to state anyway.

• Like 1

Hmm... I would suggest that perhaps the best way to study is to find a quiet room with little distraction and take notes while you're reading (I also wrote in my books, but if you don't own them, I don't suggest this). As far as the trance state that you're talking about, I think I can speak for everyone in here when I say we've all been there. In particular I used to "zone out" when I was in a class that was really boring (macro-economics anyone?) It's actually a mild form of dissociation people use to avoid unpleasant experiences. It's sort of like your mind wandering when you're listening to something you're not interested in, it's your way of distracting yourself from something unpleasant.

Now as far as the hyper focus thing, that's pretty common as well. If you want to reach this state, you can artificially induce it, as you can many other types of states, including OBEs and Astral Travel, through hypnosis. If you check online I'm sure you can find some online sources that can explain more.

My personal recommendation is don't force anything, if it's meant to be, it'll happen on its own.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

I posted this in a recent thread (http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/21301-blurry-vision/), try it, it works:

"2. When you meditate, doesnt matter eyes open or close, focus your gaze above your head as high as you can comfortably go. Initially it is ok to physically look up with your eyes, but the goal is to be able to keep your eyes straight ahead but "conceptually" hold your attention above your head. This particular state i have found is very useful for maintaining "extraordinary" mindstates as it actually become very difficult to think and the effects are long lasting. Over time extend the reach of your "upward" attention as high as you can.

plus id like to add that the point of focus for #2 is not exactly in the direct center of the head, but more towards the rear close to the "hole" or soft palate of the head. Also this become more effective while holding a very subtle smile. "

Learn how to dial that sweet spot of balanced attention between that point and the rest of your vision/sense. It expands your awareness.

p.s. My 3rd method in that thread works very well for this also, but i seem to get a higher "high" from this one.

And if any of you seriously attempt this let me know your results. You will definitely have to probe for that upper spot above your head. Mentally look up directly above your head, and slowly move your gaze/attention toward the back of your head until you feel a comfortable spot.

Edited by imonous

Read Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics second edition.

Take melatonin, and use a blindfold or sleep mask before starting meditation.

Use the centerpointe awakening prologue cd's (you can download them online)

Find a comfortable position, and focus on breathing slowly, and breath slower and slower until you can do 1 breath per minute or less. 30 seconds inhale, 30 seconds exhale. slow deep breaths, with the diaphram, no holding the breath. Keep the minds awareness at the naval.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Hi Everything. It seems like you've been there and done that. Move on. Just keep yourself sincere and open to just sitting without any state of mind to speak of. It is possible that joeblast wuz messin wiff ya…haha!!❤

When I do get into such a "state of mind" I don't really logically program my brain to go into such a state. It comes natural and goes away naturally. Sometimes I can do it, other times I can't. I don't even know what it exactly is in the first place to actually pick out the best label for this state of mind. I think it's not alpha state, but more like a theta brainwave state.

Very relaxed, unaware of outside stimuli, strong visual imagination, dreamy, creative, strong focus, adaptable and flexible, yet persistent focus, in the flow with the unconscious ocean of reality.

When I "read" in this state of mind, I don't really read anything. I just see the words, focus on it, yet allow my brain to gently dance around it while focusing my eyes on certain movements. The information being dreamed about. I forget the book and the words, I am only aware of the information. The information comes alive in various forms and shapes.

Without putting it into words, it is hard to communicate this. Especially on forums! I didn't develop much psychic abilities. Thus, finding better symbols for these experiences are important for exploring it further.

"Focused Trance State" is just a failed attempt. It is an attempt nonetheless. If someone says that it is a "Peanut Butter Jelly Time sensation" I'm very much open for that. It could mean that I've mistaken in my communication of this experience. Speaking too broadly about it wont help anyone understand me either. I have get more specific and less abstract first. When we know exactly what I'm talking about, we can abstract from that into symbols that are worth a thousand words.

Before we can do that, we need to talk about this. Unless you disagree with that ofcourse. Some people might think that talking intellectually is never good. I respect that aswell. I won't move on in a sense that we change subjects. I will move on in my perspective of the same subject. This is a constant moving on that needs no mention.

Edited by Everything

Yes and no...we're talking maintaining awareness still, yes? :D Getting there via breath trains teh innards to do what they need to do, well. So all that time spent harmonizing the breath certainly isnt wasted, its done to spring forth from :)

I kinda feel that breath meditation calms me down. Makes me tranquil, without thought, mindless, just aware. For example, when I'm angry or sad, it just floats aways. When I'm scared, it just floats away along with all the thought associated with it. When I'm overthinking, a breath meditation calms my mind down towards no thoughts. The breath meditation doesn't supress anything. It makes it even more intense sometimes. In the end, I'm always tranquil after doing breath meditation. Or mindfulness meditation. Sometimes I just do awareness of sensations meditation. They all have this tranquil effect for me.

How does this relate to that focused trance state? Is this perhaps the unfocused trance state. If so, would focusing your mind on certain tasks, after reaching the tranquil stage, translate into better results on any given activity? For example, a tranquil mind focused on balancing on a tight rope. Or a tranquil mind focused on martial arts.

A tranquil mind is always good for preparing focus. I was pretty much making a correlation between "trance" and a level of...well, "awareness watching awareness." When all of the body's signals have dropped away, what is left?

Note the difference between a state of no-mind and....oblivion. One includes focused awareness. This stillness is a great baseline from which energetic movement can spring forth, it will of its own accord.

Ah, time to prepare for work already.