witch

October 28, 2011, is everything different now?

The funny feeling that brought me back here to taobums in, I think August, was that something new was happening. In that long thread, someone posted about Calleman's recalculation of the Mayan calendar, that the "end of time" was a couple weeks ago, on October 28th. At the time it was posted in September I thought it was a bit silly, but now I'm not so sure. Also stumbled across one of Calleman's books.

Now it might be simply that my own life is very different the last two weeks. I started a new job that I love and am now taking a lot of public transportation instead of driving everywhere. My life has very much improved, so the change I am feeling might just be a personal one. But I get the weird feeling that two weeks ago was a day of judgment. Nothing apocalyptic--no messiah returning on the clouds and separating the sheep from the goats and casting the goats into the outer darkness or anything like that. But in a more basic sense I get the feeling that people all over in the main now suddenly have much better discernment, also that the workings of karma are moving much faster now. Also that it is much easier for people to "find their destiny" if they put their mind to it.

Also the quality of time itself seems to be different. Time seems much timier. A whole day seems to pass from moment to moment, and the time before October 28th seems a century ago.

Since there aren't any other similar recent posts here, it's probably just me having a nervous breakdown or something. :lol:

Since there aren't any other similar recent posts here, it's probably just me having a nervous breakdown or something. :lol:

Hehehe. No changes observed here so, yeah, it is propbably just a nervous breakdown on your part.

But then, you sound the same so that might mean something.

Hi witch,

I never knew what to make of Calleman's end date. He's done some really brilliant work in deciphering the Mayan calendar, and is respected by the Mayan elders and tribal councils, but I didn't put a lot of stock in his Oct 28, 2011 date. That being said, I don't put a lot of stock in the Dec 21, 2012 date. I just don't feel like things are going to open up in a day. I think the classic Maya put so much emphasis on that day because it was symbolic, but they knew it had a huge cusp at the same time.

I feel as though my perception of time is speeding up, i will say that :). Things just seem to be changing so fast that two weeks ago does seem like such a long time.. and just a couple thousand years ago, for example, two whole generations of life would be most similar to each other. now it seems like there is a lot of change, both in my personal world (like yours, except i lost my job, giving me more time to practice for now) and in the world at large. And the generation gaps just get bigger and bigger.

Well i think there is a lot of truth to the idea that the rate of change will increase exponentially until it reaches some kind of critical mass. Terence McKenna did some cool research on time using the I Ching sequence (king Wen i believe) and arrived at that conclusion (that rate of change is increasing)... he saw his exponential chart going vertical in november 2012, but then someone told him about the mayan end date and he changed his calculations to match. I guess he was ahead of the wave, inasmuch as any book with 12.21.12 plastered all over it is bound to sell more copies than one without. I think he was close enough but who cares now... the point is, there is more than just your personal perceptions to indicate that something big is moving under the surface, getting ready to show its massive head (and scare the shit out of all of us :D ).

That was all in a book called Invisible Landscapes, and if you're really vibing off Calleman, check out The Mayan Calendar, really awesome book. Of course, don't forget Don Alejandro Perez AKA Wandering Wolf, who is the grand Mayan elder and calendar-keeper right now. He has some awesome videos on youtube, and is probably the highest authority on the Mayan understanding of the shift we're going through. Hahaha he also has the wisdom to say he's not sure what's going to happen so don't expect any cut and dry answers, just awesome guidance.

peace

Hi witch, you are definitely not alone. I've been apprehensive about the experiences ive shared on this board because so many people here tend to be so nihilistic and anti-phenomena. For me it "started" about two years ago but really kicked in this august. I noticed an unmistakable increase in synchronicity and coincidences in my life that just couldn't be explained by any rational means. And im talking about VERY complex events that seem to "put" themselves together with some kind of intention behind them. My friends have been witnesses of a lot of these and we all agree that "something" strange and bigger than all of us is happening. They are mostly Christians so they attribute it to the work of god. Even my communication is becoming very synchronistic as i will occasionally say things and people around me would look astonished as it would be a response to a statement they just made in their heads. And this hasnt been a one-off thing, its been happening quite regularly and goes the other way as well with people saying things in response to something i had thought. Even what i saw as my mistakes id made seemed to happen in such perfect timing as to lead to positive and rapid growth. Also the effectiveness of my own personal practices have seemed to increase almost infinitely. It is very interesting that you mention the thing about goals. Last week i stumbled upon a business idea that i am currently racing to complete, and if everything goes according to plan, which it is, i stand to be making at LEAST 6 figures this time next year. The funny thing is its been sitting right under my nose for the past year and i was aware of all the pieces but lacked the conceptual perception to "see" them all together. Little to say this up and coming year will bring big changes for me and will be a very exiting time in my life. :wub:

Edited by imonous
  • Like 1

Making me feel a little bit better, a little less crazy.

I'm sorry to hear about the job loss! These times are so hard.

I really get the feeling that October 28th was a corner of sorts, that that day everything went asymptotic or something and has continued. It sort of feels like the 12 Days of Christmas except it's continuing. Or the beginning of summer vacation, except it's the opposite of vacation. :D

Oy, this is as vague as my Occupy Wall Street prediction. And it's the opposite of a prediction, um, a postdiction? :lol:

I'm trying to stay grounded and focus on the day-to-day. The grocery shopping won't get done on its own! I am grateful that I can now take the bus to work, gives me more time to think about things.

witch, I can match you for crazy. Not only do I think the light has been 'bent' in some way (as we talked about before) but I clearly can see Mr. Obama performing Wu-Wei on the globe. It's as though when there's a problem, he knows to Stop Juggling and watch where the pieces land, then quietly put them back into a different motion. Total left brainers see him as one who cannot make a decision, one who does not charge forward at the front of the army with his sword drawn. I see him as a man who understands The Art of War down to his bones and will get no credit for anything until history is written 20 years from now.

Such a mass alignment is happening right now, people reaching upward to throw off their shackles - if I were a Christian woman I would say the meek are inheriting the earth (meek not in the sense of fearful or timid, but more the common man sort of thing). And yes, the synchronicity has kicked way up in my daily life too, as you mention it. Things like being at my mother's apartment and having the word BARBARA flash across the screen in a commercial of some sort, at the very same moment seeing her morning pill nurse walk through the front door and holler 'BARBARA!' at me, as we hadn't seen each other in a few months. Just weird stuff. But lots of it.

Perhaps we are nearing the end of a time bubble of sorts, and in doing so it does actually crunch time up a bit. The speed of our communication now is instantaneous and at our fingertips or in front of our eyes. Much of the world is now communicating with each other at the speed of light, with more joining in every day.

What an incredible time we're living in right now. I like sitting here on the fence and watching it go by.

Yes, that's the feel--the meek are inheriting the earth. And a profound sense of balance and judgment. Hmmm, not balance, instead, balancing, a dynamic state of creating and then keeping equilibrium.

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I think Matt Taibi might be feeling the same vibe:

http://m.rollingstone.com/entry/view/id/19309/pn/all/p/0/?KSID=8774e77e79439eb2a20d60d91adc97c5&ints_viewed=1

"That's what I was thinking during the first few weeks of the protests. But I'm beginning to see another angle. Occupy Wall Street was always about something much bigger than a movement against big banks and modern finance. It's about providing a forum for people to show how tired they are not just of Wall Street, but everything. This is a visceral, impassioned, deep-seated rejection of the entire direction of our society, a refusal to take even one more step forward into the shallow commercial abyss of phoniness, short-term calculation, withered idealism and intellectual bankruptcy that American mass society has become. If there is such a thing as going on strike from one's own culture, this is it. And by being so broad in scope and so elemental in its motivation, it's flown over the heads of many on both the right and the left."

• Like 1

Time is not speeding up, our culture and pace of living is.

The more mindful we become, the longer each day takes... :)

Slow down... breath... enjoy...

• Like 1

I've noticed this too, there's a kind of anti-malaise, or just aise about the time now.

It may be the fool just about to fall over the cliff, but since its his destiny, he whistles a tune while he walks. Exhibit A is http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=ES&p=d1 where the financial markets seem to have just stopped worrying mid October, even though the situation is more dire than before, as we have Italy mathematically past the point of no return, the bail-out fund EFSF creating straw men to buy their bonds. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8886380/Eurozone-bail-out-fund-has-to-resort-to-buying-its-own-debt.html Its like people now are in that slo-mo "oh well" lets see what happens when the elastic band breaks mode, except the worries seem farther away, less important.

Everyone is so chilled out now, waiting for Christmas trees and merriment around the corner.

This could be a massive change to the positive side too. Maybe everything is just different. I can only account for myself, my energy has opened wider, but then again its always doing that. Shifing and shifting.

"It may be the fool..."

That's pretty much my sentiment. I'm not feeling any optimism whatsoever about this though. Can i explain why?

Not really. Something to do perhaps with idealism being the perfect fog through which nothing can be seen clearly.

I guess that makes me a party-pooper. Sorry.

Sorry to necro this very old thread, but now that the full moon has passed and the Big Day is coming up in a few weeks, I'm not feeling anything. I was expecting to feel at least something, what with so much of the population looking forward to/dreading this solstice, but....nothing. If anything, I felt a lot more during the U.S. presidential election.

Not that things feel normal, or what I would have called normal a couple years ago. Time still seems to have that infinite quality that it gained for me last October, and since last October of course many things have changed for the better. I feel a unity in the community, and that people are waking up to and fighting against the Pluto incorporated energy and reaching for Eris balance--Occupy, Anonymous and renewable energy, sustainability and a desire to live lightly on the Earth. But all that started a while ago; this is just a continuation of the same.

Am I just blinded in this particular area? Are other people feeling a strong premonition of some big corner happening in a few weeks, some sudden transformation? Or perhaps something more sinister?

• Like 1

Yeah, I wonder when the markets are going to up and realize that the ponzi game's basically on its last threads with France joining the insolvency line too - central banks are the cause (and the solution somehow, they keep saying,) and all the politicians keep playing with funny money fueled by the central bank obfuscation, making believe it can be infinitely watered down and still somehow retain any semblance of potency. Have we hit avagadro's number in terms of splitting the same dollar yet :lol: Hopefully the end of the age of man means the end of the age of man bullshitting man...but as long as Mann's making predictions, we'll continue to be bullshitted :lol:

Well that's a rational looking at things, looking at the stats. Not sure I agree with your conclusions; I think the Euro is going to split up or evolve, but that doesn't necessarily mean the whole world will go down with Europe. I'm talking more about an astral vibe, spiritual premonitions. I'm not feeling anything, and usually I do before big sudden change.

That was all in a book called Invisible Landscapes

i really enjoyed this book. talked about a lot of things all in one book. Every time i went to read other books on those subjects it was basically just a repeat of this book