Protector

Sloooow Dooooown

When I was a beginner, everything was so glorious and everyone was smarter then me :lol:

I watched a lot of gurus talks on-line and the answers to questions were so enlightening...

I couldn't ask my own questions because I watched videos only

Later I noticed that the answers to most... ok aaaall the questions were the same

I studied theories of alchemy and had some interesting things explained to me

I couldn't get everything answered in terms of technique I should be using but I was told that I will understand later myself

But I still wanted more and more knowledge

Finally, like most of my friends who came from such places, I nearly left the whole practice

Everyone had reasons, like they didn't learn anything new or stuff was being repeated and such but in actuality they were more like... graduating

After stopping to chase the world and just looking at it, I started to get my questions answered, it's like running at super sonic speeds cutting the wind and then suddenly stopping to let the wind hit you, I was actually running away from my answers

And that's the story of why I do only horse stance :lol:

Could have replied in that other thread but this felt more like a new topic thing

Guest munky

:lol: yep...i think it's like that for everyone and then theres the danger of losing touch with reality or being all pretentious without knowing it and then you can fall hard

There are many chapters in tao te ching that would agree with what you said and i think its really important that when we are learning all this stuff and practices, and what not, to always consult these ancient texts and scriptures so we don't fall into wrong paths. In the end it's still simplicity

Yep. If we run too fast chasing after something we don't even see the roses to stop to smell.

Turtles can live to over two hundred years because they take life slow and easy.

• Like 2

Turtles can live to over two hundred years because they take life slow and easy.

Tortoises and turtles are sacred to Daoism. Wise, wise beings.

loshuturtle.jpg

dragontortoise.jpg

:)

Yep. If we run too fast chasing after something we don't even see the roses to stop to smell.

Wow! That is beautiful!

Tortoises and turtles are sacred to Daoism. Wise, wise beings.

:)

Yep. Chuang Tzu speaks of turtles a couple times.

It is my understanding that they were important in Chinese culture way before Taoism.

When I was a beginner, everything was so glorious and everyone was smarter then me :lol:

I watched a lot of gurus talks on-line and the answers to questions were so enlightening...

I couldn't ask my own questions because I watched videos only

Later I noticed that the answers to most... ok aaaall the questions were the same

I studied theories of alchemy and had some interesting things explained to me

I couldn't get everything answered in terms of technique I should be using but I was told that I will understand later myself

But I still wanted more and more knowledge

Finally, like most of my friends who came from such places, I nearly left the whole practice

Everyone had reasons, like they didn't learn anything new or stuff was being repeated and such but in actuality they were more like... graduating

After stopping to chase the world and just looking at it, I started to get my questions answered, it's like running at super sonic speeds cutting the wind and then suddenly stopping to let the wind hit you, I was actually running away from my answers

And that's the story of why I do only horse stance :lol:

Could have replied in that other thread but this felt more like a new topic thing

It occurred to me today that

To follow a guru is religion,

To open oneself to the whole world is spirituality

It occurred to me today that

To follow a guru is religion,

To open oneself to the whole world is spirituality

then good thing there's more then one of them found on youtube :lol:

huh?

sifusufi, you need to stop spamming.

I could go on really.. If this is your idea of fun, then you really need a hobby, and im not saying that to insult you either.

huh? :blink:

The heck is going on here

I think you need find a way to be more productive. Hehehe.

What the heck is going on

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R2ewsEKVJVA

ninja.gif

Greetings..

It's amazing what can be discovered, when you are looking 'for something'..

Be well..

True, but also true, it's amazing what can be discovered when you are looking for nothing.

Greetings..

True, but also true, it's amazing what can be discovered when you are looking for nothing.

LOL>> i just realized that i am dumb as a stump.. the intended post was:

It's amazing what can be discovered, when you aren't looking 'for something'..

Thanks for reminding me.. Be well..

Greetings..

LOL>> i just realized that i am dumb as a stump.. the intended post was:

It's amazing what can be discovered, when you aren't looking 'for something'..

Thanks for reminding me.. Be well..

Hehehe. See? I do read many of your posts.

But your initial statement is also true, I think, because what we oftentimes find are illusions and delusions.