Aunt Clair

Jung Personality Test

I N F J

Strength of the preferences %

67 38 62 22

Introverted Intuition, Extraverted Feeling, Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Sensing

I read that Jung was a member of the Theosophical (sp?) Society -members of which also apparently helped spawn many aspects of Nazi ideology. Does that mean he was one? Does that mean that his work was put to use by Nazis? What if it does? Is it incendiary to approach the idea that it might have been? Hell, Darwin's work has been used to impulse all kinds of bogus "social" theories. I'd be ok with the MBTI if it weren't for example relied upon by hiring managers so heaviliy.

I've always wondered about the legality of using personality profiles in the hiring process. It's always seemed to me to be just one step down from racial profiling. This person is an INFP? Oh my, we want an ESTJ... can't hire him. Why not? He has all the skills to perform the job? Anyways, I agree with you wholeheartedly in that regard. You seem much more E rather than I lately! :)

Aaron

It may be surprising to find that NF's make up the smallest segment of the population. INFs are even more of a minority. Keeping this in mind, I think it's easy to see why many of us are here on this forum, but I'd be more interested in seeing the results of everyone here, even those who aren't inclined to visit this post (nasty STs! Just kidding. :) ) I think that's the only way to get an accurate and honest appraisal of the actual number of each type within the community.

Aaron

It may be surprising to find that NF's make up the smallest segment of the population. INFs are even more of a minority. Keeping this in mind, I think it's easy to see why many of us are here on this forum, but I'd be more interested in seeing the results of everyone here, even those who aren't inclined to visit this post (nasty STs! Just kidding. :) ) I think that's the only way to get an accurate and honest appraisal of the actual number of each type within the community.

Aaron

I didn't take it this time, I did in the past, different versions, got pegged as an ENFP by one and INFP by another. Which makes sense to me because I definitely can go both ways -- "leaving the world" and "coming into the world," a taoist schtick. :)

I have a test I got via an oral transmission from a Jungian psychologist a long time ago, which IMO is better suited to assess a community like this one because it is taken in a state of meditation of sorts (guided imagery/visualization). I used it a couple of times at other forums in the past, it was fun, but then I was told by someone that it was too heavy duty for fun, too close to the secretes the unconscious usually hides and guards so they can't be touched by superficial prying by the Myers-Briggs and the MMPI and the rest of them behavioral goodies. Scared some folks... so I don't know if I should use it here. If there's takers, I might though. :)

I didn't take it this time, I did in the past, different versions, got pegged as an ENFP by one and INFP by another. Which makes sense to me because I definitely can go both ways -- "leaving the world" and "coming into the world," a taoist schtick. :)

I have a test I got via an oral transmission from a Jungian psychologist a long time ago, which IMO is better suited to assess a community like this one because it is taken in a state of meditation of sorts (guided imagery/visualization). I used it a couple of times at other forums in the past, it was fun, but then I was told by someone that it was too heavy duty for fun, too close to the secretes the unconscious usually hides and guards so they can't be touched by superficial prying by the Myers-Briggs and the MMPI and the rest of them behavioral goodies. Scared some folks... so I don't know if I should use it here. If there's takers, I might though. :)

Yes why not:-)

Anyway, another reason the MBTI is a flawed method is that it relies on self-declared attributes. Even on my most honest days i can look at a statement and decide whether i want to be more or less like it.

So all those hiring managers are getting, well, y'know:-)

Aaron, I don't know about legality of tests like this for hiring. I guess i probably wouldn't want to work for the kind of company that buys it:-) Too stupid:-)

I'd be willing.

Your Type is

INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

56 12 1 33

I'd be willing.

Your Type is

INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

56 12 1 33

me too. We're considered 1%ers :). Architect types.

I'm an INFJ - 22/38/25/11, along with John Calvin, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, and Nicole Kidman... Talk about a party!

:lol:

Hello Aunt Clair. I believe we may have interacted before in the past, and you were very kind to me when others were not being so kind haha. :)

Here are my results....

ENTJ

Extraverted- 22

Intuitive- 12

Thinking- 38

Judging- 44

Called a "Fieldmarshal" apparently-

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/fieldmarshal.aspx

http://typelogic.com/entj.html

I'm supposedly in the same category as Napoleon, Franklin D. Roosevelt , Mark Anthony, Sean Connery, Madonna, and Yulia Tymoshenko.

Edited by Immortal4life

next we can all take the purity test!

http://www.puritytest.org/

I took the test, but I'm not going to submit my score. I never even knew a test like that existed. Oh well, I guess it only makes sense. Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch.

Aaron

I took the test, but I'm not going to submit my score. I never even knew a test like that existed. Oh well, I guess it only makes sense. Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch.

Aaron

awesome... it is a little personal to submit one's score :). I haven't taken the purity test in 20 years, when i used to run a BBS and we all found it for the first time.

:D :D

INTP

but with a thinking preference of only 1%, which is as close as you can get to a dead-even split between Thinking and Feeling. i DO tend to privilege thinking over feeling, but i also tend to privilege intuition over thinking, so i guess it evens out in the wash.

67 69 1 44

those numbers are pretty reflective of how i operate.

EDIT:

took the test twice, about 20 minutes apart, just to see what would change in response to the most ambiguous answers.

67 69 1 44 - First time

67 75 1 33 - Second time

i expected maybe the 1% would be the one to shift, but not so much, apparently.

Edited by Hundun

INTP

but with a thinking preference of only 1%, which is as close as you can get to a dead-even split between Thinking and Feeling. i DO tend to privilege thinking over feeling, but i also tend to privilege intuition over thinking, so i guess it evens out in the wash.

67 69 1 44

those numbers are pretty reflective of how i operate.

EDIT:

took the test twice, about 20 minutes apart, just to see what would change in response to the most ambiguous answers.

67 69 1 44 - First time

67 75 1 33 - Second time

i expected maybe the 1% would be the one to shift, but not so much, apparently.

3 INTPs in one thread, huh? :)

bump..I scored as an INTP. Introverted 89% Intuitive 50% Thinking 1% Perceiving 44%. I'm pretty sure my thinking preference has changed closer to feeling over the years as a result of spiritual practice - but this seems pretty consistent with me. Cool.

This test stuck in my mind and I found it very interesting, so I decided to do it again to see if it is consistent, or rather, if I am consistent in my analysis of myself.

Tonight I got

ENTJ

Extraverted- 22

Intuitive- 25

Thinking- 50

Judging- 56