Aunt Clair

Jung Personality Test

Jung Personality Test

Briggs Myers Typology

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

This test is based upon the works of Carl Jung the famous psychoanalyst who was also a Hermetic Alchemist, too. It has been around for years and it is supposedly held to be very accurate amongst psychologists.

The Test provides your type 'formula', type attributes, and suggested career choices.The test might help the magician with their soul mirror on Step I of IIH. More concerning this style of test; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

I saw it on 2 different esoteric groups and became intrigued with the responses. I would like to see further results .So I thought I would share it here , too. Please take the test if you choose, it is free, and then post your results should you care too.

The test is currently posted at a number of Metaphysical/Magick/Occult Forums. One observation I have had is that many metaphysicists/mystics/magicians/wiccans/projectors, irregardless of paradigm, seem to be INFP and INFJ which are supposed to be very rare in the general population.

So I wonder if we had a series of 100 or more results if the percentage of intuitive feelers INF_ would be higher amongst all forms of magicians than amongst the general population. I believe so.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Results so far

INFJ V/// 8/28 28.6 %

INFP V/ 6/28 21.4%

INTJ V/ 6/28 21.4%

INTPV/ 6/28 21.4%

ISFJ / 1/28 3.6%

ENTJ / 1/28 3.6%

IN+ F 14/28 =50%

INTJ

Me and Hillary Clinton apparently : (

Oh and it says I'm a Mastermind ... ha!

laugh.gif

INTJ as well!

Although I must say that more than half of the questions I could have answered either way. I'm quite a mutable character!

Here's the break down which I think is pretty accurate:

Introverted 33%

Intuitive 38%

Thinking 1%

Judging 11%

Hey Thinking 1%!!!!!!

laugh.gif I often think way too much which is why I'm a drinker!

Perhaps suppressing my thinking has caused an increase in my intuition?

INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %

67 62 12 11

hmm, have taken this other times. Seem I'm getting terribly introverted as I get older, think I always was just now realize social things can be draining to me and don

t seek them out too much. Always was an N, have scored a T on other versions, this is first version I ever got a J instead of P.

INTJ

1% thinking. Thinking it's bogus:-) But apparently that's an INTJ trait.

Crafty fellow that Jung.

Edit: Why might the test be bogus? :-) IMO if you can answer that one then I would love to talk with you:-)

Edited by -K-

INFJ

33 50 12 22

Not surprisingly there are a lot of introverts in a chat forum :lol:

I'm also a 7 by numerology which is generally for mystically oriented people. I've found numerology to be far more accurate for describing people I know than the zodiac.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

ISFP Composer haaaaaa

22 1 12 11

and so are

Mel Brooks

Cher

Bob Dylan

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Jackie Kennedy Onassis

Neil Simon

Steven Spielberg

:lol:

Your Type is

INFJ

89 12 25 33

Seems about right to me, definitely introverted, definitely ok with that! Fun to see everyone's different results, thanks for posting this AC!

Edit: Took this again about 8 days later, results below:

Your Type is

INFJ

56 12 50 44

Edited by don_vedo

INFJ

33 50 12 22

Not surprisingly there are a lot of introverts in a chat forum :lol:

I'm also a 7 by numerology which is generally for mystically oriented people. I've found numerology to be far more accurate for describing people I know than the zodiac.

And I'm a 7 and a yang water person and a huntress (diety worship ;-)) and a cat-dragon (don't ask what that is). And very possibly reincarnated enough times to be able to say "stop the BS".

But it seems I can't help but love it when things (or formulae) give me the lowdown on who I am:-)

Well the only practical use for numerology is that you can you whatever system.

When it matches your full name then it is something which give you ease or make you

remember what you already know. Other things are base one the numeroloy system

which need the transmission of the interpretation and observation of the tradition.

The above thing is a laymans general thingy.

A Cat dragon- we have something like this in the store beside all the Saint and Buddha

statues. I do not know who comes with such an idea as seem to me a unique.

But well imagine a female cat with scales, blue and a dragon tail and claws holding hunting equip is something difficult to swallow while it worshipping a deity :blink:

No,no!

Black scales and claws and furs and skin (recently accommodated since black Kali joined the team:-)). Do you have something like that in your store?:-)

Edit: some idol ideas but be sure to make them CC:-)Fffing

Edited by -K-

INFP... 56, 25, 75, 33

Aaron

Also people constantly refer to me as a "Dog", not in a negative sense, but they attribute the qualities I exhibit to those of a dog. Don't ask me how they came up with that, I've always thought of myself more as a cat person, especially since I had a phobia of dogs until I was in my late 30s because of being bitten a few times by them as a child. So I guess spiritually I am a dog.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Wow!,I'm surprised the test didn't ask me if I am a JEW or not.Take one good look at the history of Carl Yung and his anti semitic beliefs in the days of nazi germany.

Edited by michael245

sorry, Jungs attitude towards Jews or the collective nazi mind at his times has little to do with the topic here, imho. I live close to Chairmany and I don't like how discussions of sirius issues in this culture are often sabotaged by some kind of off-topic nazi accusations.

I "scored" INFP - Introverted 11% Intuitive 38% Feeling 25% Perceiving 11%.

• Like 1

Wow!,I'm surprised the test didn't ask me if I am a JEW or not.Take one good look at the history of Carl Yung and his anti semitic beliefs in the days of nazi germany.

In regards to this obvious troll post, I will only quote what Jung said about it...

"It must be clear to anyone who has read any of my books that I have never been a Nazi sympathizer and I never have been anti-Semitic, and no amount of misquotation, mistranslation, or rearrangement of what I have written can alter the record of my true point of view. Nearly every one of these passages has been tampered with, either by malice or by ignorance. Furthermore, my friendly relations with a large group of Jewish colleagues and patients over a period of many years in itself disproves the charge of anti-Semitism."

Enough said... I really hope this comment doesn't incite anyone else to reply to something that obviously doesn't need to be replied to.

Aaron

• Like 1

In regards to this obvious troll post, I will only quote what Jung said about it...

"It must be clear to anyone who has read any of my books that I have never been a Nazi sympathizer and I never have been anti-Semitic, and no amount of misquotation, mistranslation, or rearrangement of what I have written can alter the record of my true point of view. Nearly every one of these passages has been tampered with, either by malice or by ignorance. Furthermore, my friendly relations with a large group of Jewish colleagues and patients over a period of many years in itself disproves the charge of anti-Semitism."

Enough said... I really hope this comment doesn't incite anyone else to reply to something that obviously doesn't need to be replied to.

[/font

Aaron

]

damn you beat me to it. From my (limited) readings of his history he was a good man, very learned, open minded and no rascist. Silly side issue in any case.

Edited by thelerner

davi'd , I can change the subject where ever I want,and there ain't nothing you can do about it.As for you Twinner,thank you for sharing that passage from Carl Jung,it has proved my own beliefs wrong.I've never read any of Carl Yung's books,which has caused me to have limited info about history.Troll accusations torward me again from you.If you believe I am a troll,then go get me banned.

Edited by michael245

davi'd , I can change the subject where ever I want,and there ain't nothing you can do about it.As for you Twinner,thank you for sharing that passage from Carl Jung,it has proved my own beliefs wrong.I've never read any of Carl Yung's books,which has caused me to have limited info about history.Troll accusations torward me again from you.If you believe I am a troll,then go get me banned.

I would suggest before you make a statement like that about someone, at least take the time to research the individual a bit. This kind of misinformation is what keeps vicious rumors like that alive. Also the MBTI isn't exclusively based on Jungian psychology, but rather it measures a persons temperament and assigns them a type based on that profile. The labels used to describe that type have a Jungian basis, but the science itself isn't exclusively Jungian.

As far as the validity of the MBTI, it's one of the most respected personality tests out there (if not the most respected), and has been for over two decades. I think it's a useful tool to understanding one's self, but it's just that a tool. How you decide to use this tool proves whether it is useful or not.

I'm guessing you scored INTJ?

Aaron

edit- And yes I considered that a troll post. it was an incendiary comment meant to garner reactions and detract from the actual topic of the thread. If you had said something along the lines of, "I have heard that Jung had ties to the Nazi party and had anti-Semitic views. Do you think that may effect the validity of this test?" Well that wouldn't have been incendiary.

Edited by Twinner

INTJ

Me and Hillary Clinton apparently : (

Oh and it says I'm a Mastermind ... ha!

Don't forget me! I'm INTJ too.

Hey, at least we have Hawking on our side. That's gotta count for something, right? :P

Also...hello, Aunt Clair! Nice to see you again.

_/\_

I would suggest before you make a statement like that about someone, at least take the time to research the individual a bit. This kind of misinformation is what keeps vicious rumors like that alive. Also the MBTI isn't exclusively based on Jungian psychology, but rather it measures a persons temperament and assigns them a type based on that profile. The labels used to describe that type have a Jungian basis, but the science itself isn't exclusively Jungian.

As far as the validity of the MBTI, it's one of the most respected personality tests out there (if not the most respected), and has been for over two decades. I think it's a useful tool to understanding one's self, but it's just that a tool. How you decide to use this tool proves whether it is useful or not.

I'm guessing you scored INTJ?

Aaron

edit- And yes I considered that a troll post. it was an incendiary comment meant to garner reactions and detract from the actual topic of the thread. If you had said something along the lines of, "I have heard that Jung had ties to the Nazi party and had anti-Semitic views. Do you think that may effect the validity of this test?" Well that wouldn't have been incendiary.

I read that Jung was a member of the Theosophical (sp?) Society -members of which also apparently helped spawn many aspects of Nazi ideology. Does that mean he was one? Does that mean that his work was put to use by Nazis? What if it does? Is it incendiary to approach the idea that it might have been? Hell, Darwin's work has been used to impulse all kinds of bogus "social" theories. I'd be ok with the MBTI if it weren't for example relied upon by hiring managers so heaviliy.

Edited by -K-