Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

11:11:11

Whenever someone mentions 11.11.11 I think of Skyrim. :lol:

This is a nice idea.

Unfortunately I won't be able to participate with candles because I'll be at college, but I will offer my thoughts to the global pool.

Edited by Elliot

How can 11.11.11. at 11:11 effect things? It seems arbitrary.

What does the fact our concocted 12 month calender have to do with anything?

I can understand maybe some celestial event but not our out of sync bogus calender.

That 11 thing happened before n' stuff

Well put, Mustard Tiger.

Imagine if we met in the dark and the rain and battled on the bridge.

How can 11.11.11. at 11:11 effect things? It seems arbitrary.

What does the fact our concocted 12 month calender have to do with anything?

I can understand maybe some celestial event but not our out of sync bogus calender.

The calendar is indeed bogus, the numbers, however, known as Flying Stars to a practitioner of taoist arts and sciences, are anything but. Digital clocks run on quartz crystals which know more than all humans combined about the geometry of spacetime, the directionality of qi (you know that qi is a vector rather than a scalar, right?), and if you have ever seen a good undamaged specimen, you know that the shape of the number 1 is natural, not made up. Digital clocks utilize the part of quartz crystals' Xuan Kong (space-time manipulation techniques) which some humans have retrieved, to a very modest extent. While others (e.g. shamans who have worked with quartz crystals for aeons, taoist Xuan Kong practitioners, and the like) have retrieved other parts of this knowledge, the ones that have eluded the engineer of the digital clock.

Billions of digital clocks set to show IIIIII simultaneously means hundreds of billions of quartz crystals aligned in a repetitive identical pattern all at once. The ganying, resonance power of such a global machine set in motion is anyone's guess. I do have a guess though. IIIIII is Hexagram I, Heaven. Also known as extreme yang. Has to do with the appearance and fights and flights of headless dragons, if you are familiar with the I Ching. "The arrogant dragon will have cause to repent." IIII added to the extreme flying-fighting-dragon yang of the moment amplifies it. What's extreme yang good for? Far as I'm concerned, for slaying the arrogant dragon at the moment when it's headless.

Other than that, I dunno. I've studied taoist numerology for feng shui, astrological, herbal, medical, and divinational applications. I would know what to look for to add or decrease the yang energy of a system -- any system. Meditation with candles will amplify it. So I'm not going to do it. And would strongly discourage everybody else. This world does NOT suffer from yang deficiency.

• Like 1

11 does seem to be a red day for many. Chosen because it had been a red day before. The chi of such days accumulated perhaps imposing itself as the choice. Also a pattern easy to spot, a nod to the people who create red days.

11 does seem to be a red day for many. Chosen because it had been a red day before. The chi of such days accumulated perhaps imposing itself as the choice. Also a pattern easy to spot, a nod to the people who create red days.

The next hexagram flowing from the one I've just talked about (looks like we've posted simultaneously) mentions fighting dragons whose "blood is red and yellow." Yellow is, traditionally, the color associated with earth, and red, with heaven (red sun). A red day of the calendar always commemorates the antics of the rulers who ascribe the "mandate of heaven" to their rulings.

Semiotics is fun. I've accumulated quite a library of books on signs and symbols, and one thing I can assert with certainty is that nothing in our man-made environment is left to chance. I don't know what "we" may think of encoding stuff in symbols, but I do know by now that "they" take it VERY seriously. Nothing is done without amplification with symbols chosen according to the (always) hidden purpose but displayed in plain sight. (It has to be displayed in order to work -- symbols work on the unconscious level, but they do need to be perceived in order to start working.)

"...at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

Remembrance Day (also known as Poppy Day, Armistice Day or Veterans Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth countries to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty since World War I. This day, or alternative dates, are also recognized as special days for war remembrances in many non-Commonwealth countries. Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the official end of World War I on that date in 1918; hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice ("at the 11th hour" refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 a.m.)

Ode of Remembrance

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

From Laurence Binyon's poem For the Fallen, written in September 1914

". (It has to be displayed in order to work -- symbols work on the unconscious level, but they do need to be perceived in order to start working.) "

Agreed!

Taomeow (or anyone) can you explain at least a brief synopsis of what "broken days" are. I know a TCM practitioner who referred to them often and I could not adequately understand his English when he tried to explain it, to do with misalignments in Chinese astrology. I know I am sensitive to them. Thanks.

Taomeow (or anyone) can you explain at least a brief synopsis of what "broken days" are. I know a TCM practitioner who referred to them often and I could not adequately understand his English when he tried to explain it, to do with misalignments in Chinese astrology. I know I am sensitive to them. Thanks.

Yup. :)

They are known as San Niang days but I have a habit of calling them fucko days.

The 3rd, 7th, 13th, 18th, 22nd and 27th day of each lunar month. I have noticed that the broken energy starts coming in around the time of the moonrise the day before, and eases off around midnight of the actual San Niang day. Your TCM practitioner is good! :) In my experience, being mindful of these days is half the battle no matter what you undertake. Meaning, don't undertake anything important and especially important and new on these days.

Just thought id chime in with a "Happy 11-11-11!!" ^_^

Its an extreme yang configuration. Best thing to do today is honour the yin, quietly and inwardly! :)

Its an extreme yang configuration. Best thing to do today is honour the yin, quietly and inwardly! :)

If that is the case then why honor yin when today is yang? If today is November im not gonna celebrate August, im gonna celebrate November while its here. Why not just accept the yang and be yang? The universe balances itself and doesn't need "our" help. I understand your intention but your saying just doesn't make sense to me, can you make it?

Edited by imonous

I overslept everything today

is that special? :lol:

rofl i also overslept like hell this morning! Maybe our internal alarm clocks became aligned lol

If that is the case then why honor yin when today is yang? If today is November im not gonna celebrate August, im gonna celebrate November while its here. Why not just accept the yang and be yang? The universe balances itself and doesn't need "our" help. I understand your intention but your saying just doesn't make sense to me, can you make it?

hi imonious. :)

the universe, oh yeh!

but we live in the world, the one populated by humans and all their thought forms. the world we live in, the internet right here, is dominated quite severely in the yang direction. yang, or, I should say, false yang, is bossing the world about on a daily basis.

anything we can do to not join in the imbalance is a great thing.

hi imonious. :)

the universe, oh yeh!

but we live in the world

And where is the world? :unsure: Is our planet separate from the universe? Are thoughts separate and disconnected from the universe? And by universe i mean everything that "is", and "isnt". Not just the physical planets, stars, and space. You are in the universe, therefore the universe is in you.

If you look over the course of history one thing jumps out at you. Every time man has attempted to "fix" some natural imbalance, we end up either A. Making it worse or B. Creating a new problem. This is even reflected in chi cultivation, we try to "fix" some perceived imbalance and wind up hurting ourselves, when we should just relax, let go and let the chi do its thing. I take it you do know the yin/yang "theory"? When one side reaches its peak it spontaneously transforms into its other aspect. All that false yang stuff is only a perception, of which there exist many others simultaneously. Who are "we" anyway to say something is imbalanced or "wrong"?

p.s. Dont take me too seriously 11-11-11!!!! :blink: rofl

Edited by imonous

And where is the world? :unsure: Is our planet separate from the universe? Are thoughts separate and disconnected from the universe? And by universe i mean everything that "is", and "isnt". Not just the physical planets, stars, and space. You are in the universe, therefore the universe is in you.

If you look over the course of history one thing jumps out at you. Every time man has attempted to "fix" some natural imbalance, we end up either A. Making it worse or B. Creating a new problem. This is even reflected in chi cultivation, we try to "fix" some perceived imbalance and wind up hurting ourselves, when we should just relax, let go and let the chi do its thing. I take it you do know the yin/yang "theory"? When one side reaches its peak it spontaneously transforms into its other aspect. All that false yang stuff is only a perception, of which there exist many others simultaneously. Who are "we" anyway to say something is imbalanced or "wrong"?

p.s. Dont take me too seriously 11-11-11!!!! :blink: rofl

I know the theory yes, I also feel what is going on.

:)

The density of this plane of existence.

When you tune into the big dipper, then you tune into a tree, you feel the very different frequency. If you then tune into the frequency of this plane of existence of thought forms and human doings, you get a closer idea of what is what.

If you then are unwilling to exercise discernment to be able to discriminate, and act with intent to heal, then at least that is a ( very relatively ) conscious choice.

Feng Shui, in corrected misalignment of locale, does not cause new problems.

A taoist shaman brought in to heal a community will sit in harmony and with the power of his harmony, restore balance for the place, its weather, and people.

He doesnt create a new problem.

Acupuncture and herbs fixing imbalances do not create new problems.

There is really no chance of a taobum or two strengthening their yin on a yang date creating a problem for themselves or anyone else.

Being aware of energy flows and aligning yourself optimally is a skill.

I take your point and it is well intentioned indeed. We are the universe and it is in us, and it is an ongoing skill to be in true alignment with and a true expression of this!:blush:

Sign in to follow this