Ron Goninan

Seeking people interested in White Crane Gongfu!

Super ironic that you posted this at this time for me and I would love to join if I was in Australia but this is the silliest looking website I ever seen in my life and it sucks out all the seriousness

• Like 1

*deep breath*

First, there's an enter page. These pages are first thing the visitor sees and they keep most basic information about the site and gives the visitor an idea if he wants to view the site or not. It also saves time for when the actual page behind it has a lot of stuff that needs to load and the visitor could leave if it's a wrong site he typed in or something. The site being an old style and all doesn't have any heavy things that need to be loaded and there's nothing scary behind it that the viewer should wary of so it's unnecessary. Also, this picture is just hilarious

16.png

The site itself is full of old cheesy gifs that take away all the attention that should be focused on reading the text. Page loads and the first thing I see is

ooooooooooooh fireeeeeeee

The buttons on the left are not noticeable, the text on them is even smaller then the normal text on all the pages. It actually takes effort to read them and it creates strain while the whole site has the calming blue black and white colors.

Pictures are bad, my browser counted around 260 objects on a page. Look at this crane

6.png

First thing a visitor sees when the page loads and it has white all around it, that just screams lazy

So let's see,

remove the enter page

make better buttons

remove cheesy gifs

look around creative commons for good images

have less images on every page

and if you can, put some pages together so there would be less buttons

Edited by Sinfest

Super ironic that you posted this at this time for me and I would love to join if I was in Australia but this is the silliest looking website I ever seen in my life and it sucks out all the seriousness

You said that you would love to join if you were in Australia.

Now I am just curious - why would you love to join?

What is so appealing about this advertisement? (without taking into consideration that the website is silly looking...)

Moments before it was posted I was thinking about crane style so it's almost like my will for the ad to show up :lol:

Sinfest,

Hey thanks for your views ... something to consider & work on for the future (when time allows).

A few questions if I may:

1/. Why is the picture "hilarious?"

2/. "Page loads and the first thing I see is

ooooooooooooh fireeeeeeee" Please explain?

3/. The crane image: "First thing a visitor sees when the page loads and it has white all around it, that just screams lazy" What do you mean by White all around it?

As for the rest of your suggestions, thank you!

Orb wrote:

You said that you would love to join if you were in Australia.

Now I am just curious - why would you love to join?

What is so appealing about this advertisement?

Sinfest wrote:

Moments before it was posted I was thinking about crane style so it's almost like my will for the ad to show up :lol:

Wanting to learn White Crane Gongfu on a whim?

1.) These drawn dudes look like they're just dancing along or something :lol:

2.) That updated gif with blue fire over it, distractiiiiiiiing. Don't use gifs like that unless they are completely necessary.

3.) The crane looks fine on the white background but when it has blue behind it, you see imperfections in the image's quality

and yup on a whim, and then you showed up

it kinda stood out in my head more then other things

Edited by Sinfest

The Monk illustrations are from the Chinese 武備志 Wubei Zhi a compendium of topics loosely related to the Fujian-based Quanfa traditions of Yongchun White Crane and Monk Fist boxing probably dates from the mid-to-late Qing dynasty (1644–1911). It contains anatomical diagrams, philosophical essays, defensive tactical strategies, and poetry.

Your point about the Crane image is okay. Will look into that.

Will remove the "Fire Updated Gif"

As for White crane, well sorry but a "whim" just doesn't sound right to me. You would have to want to know something of the art in order to seek it out!

Best wishes!

Edited by Ron Goninan

I'm more interested in Dim-Mak, it would help me understand this medicine book I have and I've been looking into it for a while

Really, What is the book? My advice: Erle Montaigue's excellent Encyclopaedia's on Dim Mak

Mr Goninan quick question to you if I may.

Would you be willing to beat me up in order to demonstrate to me the efficiency of your art?

Thank you.

Orb

:lol: Poor Mr. Goninan- poor guy comes here looking for people interested in White Crane and instead he gets 1) an unsolicited devastating critique of his website and 2) a masochist looking for a beating. You guys crack me up!!!

:lol: Poor Mr. Goninan- poor guy comes here looking for people interested in White Crane and instead he gets 1) an unsolicited devastating critique of his website and 2) a masochist looking for a beating. You guys crack me up!!!

ahhahah i know right?!

and people wonder why this site is so short on real practitioners and so long on petty nonsense. Cause teachers who try to spread the word of their school get treated like that.

Heeeeeeeey! A good looking website is important :lol:

i can think of several good looking websites without substance behind them. Anyone can tell you that its the practices that are actually important. You didn't even ask his lineage or history, you just busted up on his website. How do you expect to learn anything?