YMWong

Subtle Body

Neat article, thanks for posting!

For those wanting a summary, it's an article about how western science is finally able to put some definitions on how acupuncture works, paving the way for greater acceptance and use of the practice in western medicine. Also points to some fascinating evidence of a light body.

Hooray for western science~ gee, they're soooooo smart!!!❤

Yeah, it only took us how long to figure out what acupuncturists already knew? :P

• Like 1

Yeah, it only took us how long to figure out what acupuncturists already knew? :P

A little more than 100 years! Science per se is very young, really. It's fundamental methods have been universally established only during the last century.

If science is capable to make sense out of mystic truths, to me that means only one thing: a rigurous and coherent approach is a must, in any field of research, be it physical or non-physical.

But of course, Flower Power culture had it's role and purpose at the time - maybe it's high time we stepped forward, though..

Good news, YM!

Very nice, YM, thanks!

Here is a more detailed article on the same subject, which was quoted by the piece you posted:

http://acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/article.php?id=31918

I have heard a couple theories about the anatomical correlates of acupuncture meridians, but this one looks particularly promising. And meridians having fiber optic properties, wow! But that is still a far cry from a scientific explanation of astral body, spirit apparition, rainbow body, etc. phenomena.

I'm hoping that scientific research will be able to shed some light on the relationship between the Indian and Chinese models of the energy body. The Indian model is very strongly correlated to the nervous system, whereas the anatomical correlates of the Chinese model are more mysterious (until now?). The article I posted has some interesting things to say about the relative importance of the nervous system and the Bonghan channels, in regards to embryology and plant life. But I think it would be wrong to under-emphasize the importance of the nervous system in researching the energy body. The difficulty is that that healing modalities working directly with the energies of the nerves are not widespread. In fact, the only such method I know of is Michael Lomax's Neuro Energetic bodywork, which is practiced by very few people.

Edited by Creation