Sign in to follow this  
ATMA

Out Of Body Deference

Is there a way to trigger an out of body experience using the mind?

Synapses ribbon

linked to brain chained to nothing

glimmers in the dark

Ommmmmm.

Synapses ribbon

linked to brain chained to nothing

glimmers in the dark

Ommmmmm.

What do you mean exactly by out of body experience? I have had numerous occasions where I've been out of my body looking at myself, but normally it occurs when I'm stressed or bored. During meditation I have suddenly appeared elsewhere, but it was never done purposefully and I wasn't even sure of the location I appeared. I think others will be able to give you some good sources in regards to how to achieve this, but I think it would take a great deal of practice to be able to do it on demand and I've never actually had that desire, hence the reason it happens when it happens.

Aaron

I have had numerous occasions where I've been out of my body looking at myself, but normally it occurs when I'm stressed or bored.

Would you mind to elucidate on these events?

A couple of articles which may point you in some sort of general direction, after which you might be inspired enough to explore further:

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma7/dreams.html

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.alanwallace.org/awakendream.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=true

"Cultivating the Way is very difficult for people. When you're very clear and aware (during the day), you say, 'I see everything as empty. I've put everything down. No problems, nothing matters to me'. You can become very nonchalant. But when you dream, its difficult to put things down. You have to dream, and then it isn't so easy to say nothing matters. A woman comes, and you lust for her; A man comes, it stirs up desires from deep inside you; wine comes, and you like it; things appear, and you want to possess or steal them; drugs come and you want to take them. And you think in your dream, 'Oh, not bad at all!' You find it hard to keep in control." - - Ven Master Hsuan Hua

"Doing the practice of lucid dreaming, a practitioner learns to steer dreams from worse to better; a practitioner learns to turn bad dreams into positive dreams... One way to look at dream yoga is to trust that it is a practice that actually brings your wake-awareness into sleep-awareness. It is in your own interest to learn this. Going to sleep with a positive attitude by thinking of good people and Noble Beings is very important and is a way of practicing dream yoga." - - Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

Would you mind to elucidate on these events?

Usually when it happens, I am above my body looking down or slightly off to the side. I am aware of what's happening around me, but it all seems quite distant, almost neutral. I've experienced this phenomena all my life and it was not the result of practice that helped it to evolve. I have been able to duplicate it in others using hypnosis at parties, the only difference being they appear to be more lucid during the event, in other words they don't feel the distance phenomena. Other than through hypnosis, it doesn't seem to be something others, or I, can just do on command.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this