Sign in to follow this  
GreytoWhite

Ah jeez... Are there safe practices for a pregnant woman?

So my ex and I were energetically and empathically connected at quite an intense level for a few months. She now lives in Indiana and just found out tonight she's pregnant and it's not a happy event. I've been feeling odd the past couple of weeks or so and today I had such a hard time with energy I felt roiled up all night. I know what I can do to reduce my troubles with feedback from her but have no idea how to advise her to help address her situation. Is there anything you guys recommend? I know pregnancy is a very sensitive time for a woman energetically and don't want to see her come to harm from ignorant advice.

Does she have practices she does already? Not really a good time to start new practices other than simple things. Walking meditation and blessing her food would be really good, practically good to be mindful of nourishment and good health and energetically should help her feel happier too.

Is it yours?

In the Kalachakra tantra there are teachings about the stages of pregnancy and clairvoyance. Generally it is thought that the child is more clairvoyant than the mother. This helps to guide the mother to making life affirming choices. You could do some bodhisattva practices and talk with the birth centers in your part of the world. See if you can do some volunteer work.

Learn to invest in a college fund and skip the arguments of child support.

From what I've heard, there are yoga classes designed specifically for pregnant women which is supposed to make the birth easier, help post-partum weight, just balance the body in various ways for an all 'round positive experience and safely maintain mobility.

I haven't heard anything about Qi Gong for pregnancy, but I wouldn't try it without a really good teacher since the energetic movement in different areas needs to be very correct. There's a lot of herbs and things that she needs to avoid as well, so it's important to get that list.

Natural abdominal breathing to increase oxygene and help to be in a calm, tranquil, positive emotion. This is the healthiest way to be for the mother and the child :) . Sounds beautiful :D Blessings to her :wub:

This is not my child but she will be coming back to me some time in the near future. I'm just about the only person that she feels safe with any longer. Thanks for the info guys, she has a rather intermittent mindfulness practice but nothing regular at the moment.

Sign in to follow this