Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Stress is the tail of your life

Sometimes people complain about stress, I wonder why.

Stress is the tail of your Life. Passiveness is your biggest enemy. Destructiveness is the enemy of your biggest enemy(in the western sense). Constructiveness is your biggest friend.

Is stress really a problem? Is stress not part of life or this continious maturation process that we call life? The flower grows towards the sun, because darkness is stress. More darkness equals more growth. Even with the sun, growth never ends. The flower always becomes more and more beautiful untill it is time to walk to road of death. Usually people just accept the stresses in their lifes as something they can do nothing about and they decide to do nothing about it, giving up on life. People who decide to "be content" with death. To focus on remaining passive and not deciding to do anything with the stress is the road of nothingness and death. This means you're not content within life. You regress, drain of energy, become out of touch with your emotions/intuitions, feel the need for allot of sleep.

If you choose the path of death, remaining passive, I respect that. Literally nothingness came out of that for me personally. My life seemed to regress, drained, low on energy, out of touch with my emotions/intuition, etc. You become a sloth and want to sleep all the time. I guess it is a road you can walk if you choose so.

There is not problem with this. It is just a preperation for letting go of life. Is it really usefull for the flower to decide to stop growing right before it even created the space for allowing the apple to arise? There are very old people on this earth who are still more alive then you and me.

We have to respect death and not desire it. This desire for death will take contentment away from you. We did not become alive to desire death, we are simply alive. There is no need to overthink the purpose of life other then to live. React to stress in best ways you can. Strive for perfection, but do it with determination yet flexibility, with persistance yet adatability.

When you have a stress, it is okay to decide in constructive ways to solve the problem. It is ok to feel anger and not go into denial of the existance of stress. God gave you anger. Not to denie it or use it for evil, but to guide you on your way to the heavens of your life. Anger does not have to equal destruction when you hold your friend(constructiveness) closer then the enemy(destructiveness) of your biggest enemy(passiveness).

React constructively to stress, grow, that is the Way of life. A rock is not alive, because it has no free will to decide to solve a problem. When they are stressed, they just sit there. When you hit a rock, it does not turn its back on you and stop you from destroying him. A rock does not even have a problem! Are you a rock? You're not death, you're life itself. You are the creation of the dead, the manifestation of the nothingness. Denying this means certain death. Death itself can become another reason to live and life itself another reason to die. Why choose that hell?

Lots of words add up to exhaustion. Better to hold on to the center.

There is time to be alive and time to be dead, no need to rush things.

Will the path of contentment over stress drain your chi? How does a Dog&Tail relationship, as in destructive and impulsive reaction to stress, affect your chi?

Edited by Everything

No, I'm not a rock today. Today I am a butterfly. No stress today. Well, hardly none. It is hard to fly straight when the winds are gusting as they are today.

No, I'm not a rock today. Today I am a butterfly. No stress today. Well, hardly none. It is hard to fly straight when the winds are gusting as they are today.

I ment that stress is a constant in our lifes and our reactions to these gusting winds are relative to our ever growing maturity.

At some point in our lifes we reach such mastery like yours, our habbits are all perfected and we effortlessly fly trough life. There is no more growth necesary and the cause of stress is no longer considered as stress since we can easily handle so much of it, without effort. Our reactions to stress become habbit. No more need to adjust habbits in order to handle more stress when you've reached high maturity. Yet we can always grow more mature.

A baby considers walking stressful, an adult not. Even though it is infact still stress, so a scientist would say that walking is always stressful. So would a wise one. We can never perfect the art of walking, only strive and thrive.

You have allot of stress today, your reactions to it was masterful. Its admirable that you still recognize new lessons at such maturity.

Edited by Everything

How do you know that you are a butterfly...??? Perhaps the butterfly may be you today....!!!

How do you know that you are a butterfly...??? Perhaps the butterfly may be you today....!!!

You are right. Today I am myself, whatever that is. Or perhaps I am still the butterfly dreaming that I am this whatever being.

But I know this: I, whatever that is, am having a smoke and drinking some hot coffee right now. I don't think butterflies do that nor could I logically explain why a butterfly would dream of doing such things.

I ment that stress is a constant in our lifes and our reactions to these gusting winds are relative to our ever growing maturity.

At some point in our lifes we reach such mastery like yours, our habbits are all perfected and we effortlessly fly trough life. There is no more growth necesary and the cause of stress is no longer considered as stress since we can easily handle so much of it, without effort. Our reactions to stress become habbit. No more need to adjust habbits in order to handle more stress when you've reached high maturity. Yet we can always grow more mature.

A baby considers walking stressful, an adult not. Even though it is infact still stress, so a scientist would say that walking is always stressful. So would a wise one. We can never perfect the art of walking, only strive and thrive.

You have allot of stress today, your reactions to it was masterful. Its admirable that you still recognize new lessons at such maturity.

Hi Everything,

You have noticed though, that I do not talk much about my early life, right? That is because it was a screwed up mess! Hehehe. But seriously, even though I enjoyed much of it there were parts of it that really sucked.

But that's history. Written in stone, I dare say. What is important is the now moment. We have no choices regarding our history but our now moment has unlimited potential (Within our own limitations, Hehehe.).

Regarding stress, a little personal story. Back when I was working I had a stressful situation and had the opportunity to bitch about it to someone who, in her field of knowledge was far superior than I but part of the review chain for my work, and she offered me this suggestion:

"You should not take this so seriously and stree yourself out. You should not consider these things as problems but rather consider them as an opportunity to excel."

What could I say?!?

So, yes. We take these stressful times and conditions and consider them to be opportunities to excel. Puts everything at a totally different thought level.

And afterall, challenges in our life are good because they afford us the opportunity to test our capabilities and capacities.

Everything,

A slightly different perspective and an old koan for you to consider...

How is a brown leaf blowing in the wind like a flower in the sun?

Have a great Sunday.

:)

Everything,

Have a great Sunday.

Should I try and asnwer that?

I guess the brown leaf, autumn, still held on to its roots and thus can blow like a flower in the sun, summer? I think it would be illogical to assume that the flower lost its roots, but it is certainly a possibility aswell.

Basicly, I fail horribly at this test... No idea what to make of it. Perhaps we should accept all seasons as they are or something?

Edited by Everything

Should I try and asnwer that?

I guess the brown leaf, autumn, still held on to its roots and thus can blow like a flower in the sun, summer? I think it would be illogical to assume that the flower lost its roots, but it is certainly a possibility aswell.

Basicly, I fail horribly at this test... No idea what to make of it. Perhaps we should accept all seasons as they are or something?

The answer is a different response to your stress statements above. Perfected habits do not address stress, they are just the Ego response defense mechanism. Anger is the result of a "perfected habit", a knee jerk response to a past experience. Watching your own anger is actually pretty funny.

Good response to the koan... Whether you are young with the sun shining on you or old and being blown around by life, the key is acceptance. Not struggling against existence.

Feel the flow and ride it.

Everything,

Have a great Sunday.

Each is doing what the moment is doing, nothing more, nothing less..

Be well..

• Like 1

The way we're talking about stress, it's like it's a floating entity out there. From my perspective, stress is non-acceptance of a condition. We may not accept that condition because of our own personal conditioning; whether that conditioning be from childhood, or attitudes we adopted from our careers, or attitudes and religious beliefs we hold dear because our folks told us this in the beginning. Or maybe stress tied to ourselves not being good enough, like we need to do more and more work and earn more and more money to prove to ourselves (by proving to others) that lo and behold, here we are, big and powerful.

I think the masters of any tradition would hold that to erase stress is not by changing outer conditions, but inner conditions. If stress is caused by impatience, then impatience is what needs to be worked on. We can go out of our ways to go practice standing in lines. More yin, less yang, or vice versa. If I'm always feeling stressed because I think people are always judging me, then it's because I'm judging others to that same degree. I can do something about that. I can try and insert Love rather than Judgment when I see others.

If I'm stressed because I'm late for something like an appointment, and I'm tempted to drive 80 mph to get there, we also have the choice of going into the mindset of "All Time and Space is Ours", by tapping into the eternal. By getting into the Oneness and stilling the mind. I can then slow down, breathe deeply, look at the fall color, and realize that because All Time and All Space is Mine, that conditions will be exactly as they are supposed to be when I get there. It eliminates the element of fear (fear of being late for some reason) and puts one in the Be Here Now mindset, which is where the Sage, Buddha, the Nazarene, and all the gang reside. My assumption of what is going to happen because I am going to be late may be completely wrong anyway, and Serendipity may well step in and change things up a bit.

The answer is a different response to your stress statements above. Perfected habits do not address stress, they are just the Ego response defense mechanism. Anger is the result of a "perfected habit", a knee jerk response to a past experience. Watching your own anger is actually pretty funny.

Good response to the koan... Whether you are young with the sun shining on you or old and being blown around by life, the key is acceptance. Not struggling against existence.

Feel the flow and ride it.

Sure, I agree that accepting that you follow the path of life is a good thing to do.

Anger for me has always been reasonable for me personally. I never get angry if not my life is under direct threat. Fear on the other hand I've obsered to be irrational. It is useless to observe my anger, since my habbits of getting angry are already good enough. Priority is on fear for me. I have the habbit of fearing irrational things and overthinking things. I think that feeling the fear is the first step towards maturity. Denying it, you become impulsive or avoidant. Just feel it and do the right thing in that moment, even if that means doing the very thing you are afraid of. That is how you form a more useful ego or improve upon it without having to kill the ego, which just takes more effort in my experience.

Each is doing what the moment is doing, nothing more, nothing less..

Be well..

Oh, so they mirror their environment you mean? Or do you mean they both have no past or future?

There is a certain amount of physical stress that is mandatory due to having a body. For those whom are "aware" the rest is optional. B)

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

The way we're talking about stress, it's like it's a floating entity out there. From my perspective, stress is non-acceptance of a condition. We may not accept that condition because of our own personal conditioning; whether that conditioning be from childhood, or attitudes we adopted from our careers, or attitudes and religious beliefs we hold dear because our folks told us this in the beginning. Or maybe stress tied to ourselves not being good enough, like we need to do more and more work and earn more and more money to prove to ourselves (by proving to others) that lo and behold, here we are, big and powerful.

I think the masters of any tradition would hold that to erase stress is not by changing outer conditions, but inner conditions. If stress is caused by impatience, then impatience is what needs to be worked on. We can go out of our ways to go practice standing in lines. More yin, less yang, or vice versa. If I'm always feeling stressed because I think people are always judging me, then it's because I'm judging others to that same degree. I can do something about that. I can try and insert Love rather than Judgment when I see others.

If I'm stressed because I'm late for something like an appointment, and I'm tempted to drive 80 mph to get there, we also have the choice of going into the mindset of "All Time and Space is Ours", by tapping into the eternal. By getting into the Oneness and stilling the mind. I can then slow down, breathe deeply, look at the fall color, and realize that because All Time and All Space is Mine, that conditions will be exactly as they are supposed to be when I get there. It eliminates the element of fear (fear of being late for some reason) and puts one in the Be Here Now mindset, which is where the Sage, Buddha, the Nazarene, and all the gang reside. My assumption of what is going to happen because I am going to be late may be completely wrong anyway, and Serendipity may well step in and change things up a bit.

i think I finally realized the flaw in the ego.

I was thinking about the knowledge of external & internal. Knowing what we do control and do not. You got me thinking of that age old story of the guy being stuck in traffic. Haven't we all heared that before? Why is he really complaining? It seems that he identifies with the traffic, the ego become in that moment so huge that the traffic is included. He is the traffic and the traffic is him. He should be able to control it, but the traffic doesn't behave the way it should behave! Why, because the traffic is internal and the rest is external. When you are internal and the rest external, you feel like you should have 100% control over all internal. He had a "self" and ego. Usually people say the solution is to shrink your ego into your body and give up your decision space. In reality, we do control the traffic to some degree. Only if you have no ego, give up on the dual nature of external/internal, you can realize exactly how many decisions you can make and which one are most efficient. For example, it requires a huge amount of intent to controll the traffic because there is so little uncertainty over the traffic. I wonder now of the nature of intent and how it works to effect reality.

i think I finally realized the flaw in the ego.

I was thinking about the knowledge of external & internal. Knowing what we do control and do not. You got me thinking of that age old story of the guy being stuck in traffic. Haven't we all heared that before? Why is he really complaining? It seems that he identifies with the traffic, the ego become in that moment so huge that the traffic is included. He is the traffic and the traffic is him. He should be able to control it, but the traffic doesn't behave the way it should behave! Why, because the traffic is internal and the rest is external. When you are internal and the rest external, you feel like you should have 100% control over all internal. He had a "self" and ego. Usually people say the solution is to shrink your ego into your body and give up your decision space. In reality, we do control the traffic to some degree. Only if you have no ego, give up on the dual nature of external/internal, you can realize exactly how many decisions you can make and which one are most efficient. For example, it requires a huge amount of intent to controll the traffic because there is so little uncertainty over the traffic. I wonder now of the nature of intent and how it works to effect reality.

Yep, this is IME/IMO the "biggie". Work that one out and you could probably start a religion:-)

Yep, this is IME/IMO the "biggie". Work that one out and you could probably start a religion:-)

Hell no! Besides... I'm stuck here. No idea how to reach non-ego on will :lol:

Hell no! Besides... I'm stuck here. No idea how to reach non-ego on will :lol:

Where did we (you) get this 'I'm stuck here' idea?

I dunno, but I oscillate between that 'I'm stuck here' idea and quite a variety of what I'll conservatively term as 'woah, wait a minute' ideas and experiences. I won't get into it all too much, but really IMO/IME attempting a societal (or religulous) lockdown on any of it is just asking for trouble:-) In ways that seem to me to be quite well described in ledgers like TTC. IMO other ledgers (includes TTC) seek to exploit it- amd therein lies the major f*ckup IMO/IME.

I won't get into it all too much, but really IMO/IME attempting a societal (or religulous) lockdown on any of it is just asking for trouble:-)

I just felt like repeating this.

Sometimes people complain about stress, I wonder why.

Stress is the tail of your Life. Passiveness is your biggest enemy. Destructiveness is the enemy of your biggest enemy(in the western sense). Constructiveness is your biggest friend.

Is stress really a problem? Is stress not part of life or this continious maturation process that we call life? The flower grows towards the sun, because darkness is stress. More darkness equals more growth. Even with the sun, growth never ends. The flower always becomes more and more beautiful untill it is time to walk to road of death. Usually people just accept the stresses in their lifes as something they can do nothing about and they decide to do nothing about it, giving up on life. People who decide to "be content" with death. To focus on remaining passive and not deciding to do anything with the stress is the road of nothingness and death. This means you're not content within life. You regress, drain of energy, become out of touch with your emotions/intuitions, feel the need for allot of sleep.

If you choose the path of death, remaining passive, I respect that. Literally nothingness came out of that for me personally. My life seemed to regress, drained, low on energy, out of touch with my emotions/intuition, etc. You become a sloth and want to sleep all the time. I guess it is a road you can walk if you choose so.

There is not problem with this. It is just a preperation for letting go of life. Is it really usefull for the flower to decide to stop growing right before it even created the space for allowing the apple to arise? There are very old people on this earth who are still more alive then you and me.

We have to respect death and not desire it. This desire for death will take contentment away from you. We did not become alive to desire death, we are simply alive. There is no need to overthink the purpose of life other then to live. React to stress in best ways you can. Strive for perfection, but do it with determination yet flexibility, with persistance yet adatability.

When you have a stress, it is okay to decide in constructive ways to solve the problem. It is ok to feel anger and not go into denial of the existance of stress. God gave you anger. Not to denie it or use it for evil, but to guide you on your way to the heavens of your life. Anger does not have to equal destruction when you hold your friend(constructiveness) closer then the enemy(destructiveness) of your biggest enemy(passiveness).

React constructively to stress, grow, that is the Way of life. A rock is not alive, because it has no free will to decide to solve a problem. When they are stressed, they just sit there. When you hit a rock, it does not turn its back on you and stop you from destroying him. A rock does not even have a problem! Are you a rock? You're not death, you're life itself. You are the creation of the dead, the manifestation of the nothingness. Denying this means certain death. Death itself can become another reason to live and life itself another reason to die. Why choose that hell?

Lots of words add up to exhaustion. Better to hold on to the center.

There is time to be alive and time to be dead, no need to rush things.

Will the path of contentment over stress drain your chi? How does a Dog&Tail relationship, as in destructive and impulsive reaction to stress, affect your chi?

You obviously have not experienced wu wei/dzogchen.

A lowly soul.. a soul who belongs to the lower dimensions.. such a soul would not want our present world to end because this particular soul knows it belongs to the lower worlds.

A higher soul.. a soul which belongs to the higher dimensions.. such a highly evolved soul would want this present world to end because this highly evolved soul knows its leadership position in the higher dimensions.

To want "life" on planet earth means the death of your soul as it is locked into a physical body.

To want "Death" on planet earth means the rebirth and the freedom of your soul from your physical body.

Stress is only a problem for higher dimensional beings who cannot adapt to lower vibrational dimensional life on earth.

I would say that Asura souls would adapt to a life of stress, competition, procreation, marriage and family than souls who are Buddhic or Angelic in nature.

Most commercial and political leaders today have Asura souls as they had to cheat and fight and kill, sometimes literally, in order to get to where they are today.

Most Buddhic or Angelic souls wouldn't want such commercial and political leadership positions.

Edited by tulku

Where did we (you) get this 'I'm stuck here' idea?

I dunno, but I oscillate between that 'I'm stuck here' idea and quite a variety of what I'll conservatively term as 'woah, wait a minute' ideas and experiences. I won't get into it all too much, but really IMO/IME attempting a societal (or religulous) lockdown on any of it is just asking for trouble:-) In ways that seem to me to be quite well described in ledgers like TTC. IMO other ledgers (includes TTC) seek to exploit it- amd therein lies the major f*ckup IMO/IME.

I'm sorry but I don't undersand what you mean. You mean I should not make a religion out of it? I don't even know what that thing is I should make a religion of. How am I going to make that religion in the first place?

You obviously have not experienced wu wei/dzogchen.

A lowly soul.. a soul who belongs to the lower dimensions.. such a soul would not want our present world to end because this particular soul knows it belongs to the lower worlds.

A higher soul.. a soul which belongs to the higher dimensions.. such a highly evolved soul would want this present world to end because this highly evolved soul knows its leadership position in the higher dimensions.

To want "life" on planet earth means the death of your soul as it is locked into a physical body.

To want "Death" on planet earth means the rebirth and the freedom of your soul from your physical body.

Stress is only a problem for higher dimensional beings who cannot adapt to lower vibrational dimensional life on earth.

I would say that Asura souls would adapt to a life of stress, competition, procreation, marriage and family than souls who are Buddhic or Angelic in nature.

Most commercial and political leaders today have Asura souls as they had to cheat and fight and kill, sometimes literally, in order to get to where they are today.

Most Buddhic or Angelic souls wouldn't want such commercial and political leadership positions.

There are some wise people who hate politics but do not neglect its importance in our world. You cannot neglect/denie that which is all around you, yet people are too distracted with the so called "politics" from tv. That is not politics. That is a gameshow that is more parallel to a footbal/soccer game.

How certain are you that a desire for death is the freedom of your soul? And what is exactly wrong with your enslavement? Is it actually correct to even call it an enslavement? I feel free to decide wether to live or not to live. I choose to live at this very moment.

Edited by Everything

I'm sorry but I don't undersand what you mean. You mean I should not make a religion out of it? I don't even know what that thing is I should make a religion of. How am I going to make that religion in the first place?

I was being partially flippant and then attempting both a joke and a criticism about how religions can have their origins in the very experience of life itself. The philosophy about 'where I am' in the experience of my life, which 'side' of duality etc has IMO a common basis in the formation of religious dogma and doctrine.

And of course you can "make up a religion" :-) Quite a few people have:-) You just need some handy transposable symbols and enough of a nod to real human life experiences, maybe some benefits incurred and, ok, maybe a bunch of other stuff, like bringing children into the world under the precepts of the religion in question, maybe some (nods to Ralis) double-binds, maybe some ca4h and maybe some culty-ish techniques. Hell I wouldn't start one, it's far too much work! I think 'good with people' is probably on the religion-starter's resume :-)

Sign in to follow this