Sign in to follow this  
tulku

The world is gonna end for me by Buddha's Birthday 2012

A little birdie told me the world is going to end for me by Buddha's Birthday 2012.

The world might even end for me by tomorrow, it might even end anytime between now and Buddha's Birthday 2012 but I don't think the world will continue to exist after the above mentioned auspicious date.

Enjoy your time in this 3D prison earth while you still can.

Edited by tulku

A little birdie told me the world is going to end for me by Buddha's Birthday 2012.

The world might even end for me by tomorrow, it might even end anytime between now and Buddha's Birthday 2012 but I don't think the world will continue to exist after the above mentioned auspicious date.

You will remain here, your self will go away.

How did you communicate with this bird?

OK whay are you telling this? Who or what is little birdie? What does it exactly mean that the world is going to end for you?

Tulku,

The world ending for you might mean enlightenment.

The world could be seen as a testing ground for Saints/Bodhisattvas and not a 3d Prison.

If it ends of itself - then so be it but don't wish for it so much.

Look for happiness and the causes of happiness ... please.

A.

• Like 4

Tulku,

The world ending for you might mean enlightenment.

The world could be seen as a testing ground for Saints/Bodhisattvas and not a 3d Prison.

If it ends of itself - then so be it but don't wish for it so much.

Look for happiness and the causes of happiness ... please.

A.

Happiness is the Cause of Suffering.

You will remain here, your self will go away.

How did you communicate with this bird?

Maybe the whole world will end, not just my world. LOL!

I don't see what the big deal is. We should have a cup of tea. And then maybe go for a walk in the woods.

The world ends, the world doesn't end...tea still tastes good.

• Like 1

Instead of being content with moderation, which is the surest way towards the promotion of well-being, a lot of people have been cornered into striving for extreme ideals, lost on the enjoyment of the practicalities of simplified thoughts and unsophisticated philosophies. The above statement illustrates this clearly. Some teachers call this sort of warped ideas a result of upside-down thinking. With such views, its no wonder there is an increasing feeling of forlornness among the people.

With right understanding, the appropriateness of thinking can be brought back into alignment.

http://www.buddhanet.net/4noble22.htm

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/karma/ka-wqj2.htm

• Like 3

I shudder now when people suggest how one should govern one's mind. That i ought to govern it and no one else should and that i should be mindful enough to discern the difference as to sources of thoughts, mistakes in my attributions etc is a fair suggestion. But shouldn't it stop there?

IMO practices should lead people to independence and choice in the way they think. That's about it.

Maybe you mean desire, happiness is NOT the cause of suffering.

• Like 2

I think that there are people who experience a great deal of guilt when things are going well.

There are those who find it impossible to experience happiness because if they experience happiness, there is immediate fear of losing the happiness and anticipation of bad things coming.

So it's not happiness that causes suffering, it's the desire to prolong or recapture happiness.

It's all a creation of the mind.

The mind always needs to be concerned with what's next, never content to just be here and now and that's ok, no matter what is going on. It is where you need to be right now, so be there and it's ok.

If the world ends for me tomorrow - I still have today.

If it all ends today- that's fine too.

It will end sometime, whether I'm happy or sad, anxious or content.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this