Sign in to follow this  
zanshin

Using most of your brain

Saw a comment about using only 10% of your brain somewhere and didn't want to sidetrack that thread, but it's a myth. The brain does not have vast untapped resources awaiting to be activated.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain

True enough. That legend lasted for decades. I'd say that nei kung practitioners see growth in body-mind union and higher states of consciousness, not greater synaptic recruitment.

Although, the movie "Limitless" was totally kick-ass!

Edited by Encephalon

Hi - that was probably one of my 10% comments, I did make it recently.

My crazy theory, regardless of how much of our brain we use at any one time, is that somehow our communal consciousness is connected via our brains; and that somehow we communally manifest what is going on out there. I have absolutely nothing to back this up with other than intuition.

When we get down to the 'I-ness' of ourselves, my guess is that your I-ness and my I-ness are one and the same.

Thanks for being kind about not sidetracking the thread. But it probably would have been pretty appropriate for more discussion! :blush:

:) Yeah, Manitou, it was you. Sorry I can get terribly snotty and fussy about these details.

Did you see in the article where they said scientists really don't know where conciousness is based in the brain? I think it might be somewhere besides the brain and agree with that our collective consciousness is interconnected...somehow. However, even I cannot come up with plausible idea of how this could be beyond intuition.

:) Yeah, Manitou, it was you. Sorry I can get terribly snotty and fussy about these details.

Did you see in the article where they said scientists really don't know where conciousness is based in the brain? I think it might be somewhere besides the brain and agree with that our collective consciousness is interconnected...somehow. However, even I cannot come up with plausible idea of how this could be beyond intuition.

Sign in to follow this