mjjbecker

Taobums Q&A with Kosta Danaos

(and not squander this great opportunity)!

Nothing worse than getting a chance to meet a master, and hearing someone ask a question that could be answered with a quick google search, or by reading some already published material.

• Like 3

I've only just spotted this thread. Some great questions folks. Looking forward to the responses from Kosta.

Thanks for doing this mjj becker.

I know the time is over to ask questions but was still wondering if John Chang learned Kostas any martial arts or combined he's neikung with martial art training ? I heard John Chang practiced a style called 7 thunder fist (akin to xingyi) but dont know if this is a fact or rumour :)

If anyone knows more about this, do tell !

Kind regards, M

Kostas has the questions and will have a look at all of them, responding accordingly. It might be a little time as he is busy with some other matters at the moment. When I get them I will post them up.

• Like 2

Kostas has the questions and will have a look at all of them, responding accordingly. It might be a little time as he is busy with some other matters at the moment. When I get them I will post them up.

just wanted to say thanks mjjbecker, and of course, thanks kostas :)

• Like 2

I know the time is over to ask questions but was still wondering if John Chang learned Kostas any martial arts or combined he's neikung with martial art training ? I heard John Chang practiced a style called 7 thunder fist (akin to xingyi) but dont know if this is a fact or rumour :)

If anyone knows more about this, do tell !

Kind regards, M

According the "Magus of Java",the name of the system is "Pa Lei Chuan" and means something like seven or eight way thunder Kung Fu.Also in the same book Costa mentions but not descripes two or three technics that belong to this system,so I suppose that he had been taught also the system.Its also written somewhere but I can't recall where that the system is similar with other systems spread around the South China sea.

It's also rumored that J.C,also prohibit any teaching of his system,not only the "levels"...

Regards....

chen is fast ;) I was writing almost the same thing about the book and...

you can look this up on his website:

In 1994, Kostas sought out, and became accepted as a student by, Sifu John Djiang, Grandmaster of the Chinese school of Baleiquan kung fu in Indonesia, with whom he studied until 2002. Since 1994, he has also studied Chen style Taijiquan, under Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang (the Chen family taijiquan lineage holder), and Wu style Taijiquan in the lineage of Grandmaster Wang Peisheng.
Edited by Kronos

1.How is your relationship with John currently?

2.How much time every day did you regularly and/ now currently train in the mo pai level you're in?

There is a reason I ask these questions in particular. # 1 is just one I wanted to ask. # 2 another, Although.

I Don't believe many of the questions asked about the details in Mo Pai methods could be released even if Kosta wanted to.

Hm am I too late? Lol

Either way, Thanks Becker

Edited by NeiChuan

Thankx guys, very fascinating ! You see alot of this energywork and neikung is heavily intertwined with the (often internal) martial arts. Mind, body and spirit in harmony :)

I'm fully of the opinion that all of these drama-eqsue questions be omitted.

I would aswell. Although I don't think Kosta will be able to answer very much otherwise. Not because he lacks the info, just that he wouldn't be allowed.

a day late a dollar short, should have been here ten years ago answering questions buddy.

any mods care to check the ip address on this one, I'd bet my money it's the lucas huang here from Australia.

• Like 4

a day late a dollar short, should have been here ten years ago answering questions buddy.

Kostas was answering questions in public-on 'e-budo'-ten years ago, and on his own forum on the 'Wenwukuan' site nine years ago.

How old is this forum? I see Sean, the administrator and owner, registered back in 2004. I'm thinking this must have been around the same time the forum was set up.

Has the penny dropped yet?

1.How is your relationship with John currently?

2.How much time every day did you regularly and/ now currently train in the mo pai level you're in?

There is a reason I ask these questions in particular. # 1 is just one I wanted to ask. # 2 another, Although.

I Don't believe many of the questions asked about the details in Mo Pai methods could be released even if Kosta wanted to.

Hm am I too late? Lol

Either way, Thanks Becker

Yes, too late. You will have seen I posted that I had already sent the questions to Kostas before your post. They already numbered more than the original twenty he had agreed to answer.

mjjBecker,

Thank you to you and Kostas for taking the time to answer everyone's questions, we all appreciate it very much.

Many thanks

Ed

• Like 4

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mod Intervention

Everyone please post in the pit in this thread if you want to continue the drama that informer is stirring up

Please don't do it here

Thank You

Mod out

~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

Sorry this is slightly off topic but where can I find this new Ebook from Kostas? Forum/google searches didn't turn up anything :blink:

Free from this link:

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/pammachon-martial-art-of-the-west/17497044

The iTunes store e-book-which was added by Lulu-not Kostas-has a fee. No need to use the iTunes store-it is free on the Lulu website. Paper copies are not free simply because there is the cost involved in manufacturing them.

Thank you too to everyone that has made a positive contribution here. I appreciate it a lot.

Kostas has answered the questions (a lot quicker than I anticipated) and I hope to be able to put up those answers sometime this weekend. He will put them into a PDF format, which I will attach to this thread, so people can keep a convenient copy for themselves. Also, it is appropriate that anyone wanting to read the Q&A session should be a member here. It doesn't cost anything to open an account afterall.

Please ignore 'Informer'. Despite having been asked to continue his 'questions' in the split thread in The Pit, he has decided to ignore this. Irrespective of what he thinks of me-and I really could not care one way or the other-it is disrespectful to the members of this forum that wish to participate in this thread.

• Like 2