mjjbecker

Taobums Q&A with Kosta Danaos

In The Magus of Java, is the description of the fight between the two masters that included phrases such as 'it was as if bombs had been dropped' intended to be literal or partly symbolic/figurative? Although I have experienced things like remote viewing and spirits, I found this part of the book a bit hard to swallow.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 1

questions

1. does internal power such as can perform miraculous physical actions (chopsticks, knives, pyro, telekinesis, etc) have uses in realizing spiritual truth. In other words, can the robust qi of a practitioner be used to gain insight?

2. does it have usefulness for longevity, or does it cause excess wear on the body, and energy body, to start fires with ones qi and do similar things?

thank you

• Like 6

What would you MjBecker think would be the 2 Question which would benififit the forum readers as well as cultivators by asking Kostas?

As Question which is state because of curiosity without practial use is not really helpful.

Edit: Also I ask me. What would Kostas ask the TaoBums. ^_^

I like those questions :)

_/\_ mjjbecker

Great! Thanks for doing this Mjj!

I'm curious about what changes need to take place in a person in order for them to be able to do things like John Chang is able to do (supposed to do, because I have to admit to being unable to believe it )

thanks!

I want to know the answers to 2 specific questions which only Kosta is capable of answering.

1.What is the nature of your disbandment why John Chang and you did not get along? Jim McMillan, also former student of Chang, has told me that John refused to teach him any further due to the "Headmaster Spirit" being angry there being foreigners in the school? Is this relevant in your case? What is the real reason why you are a "former" student of Chang and not a "current" student pursuing fusion and beyond? As anyone on this forum would give their left gonad to be a lifelong student of that man.

2.As to your knowledge, has there ever been any Indonesian to ever complete the base training of mopai to the point of "Fusion of Yin & Yang"? or not? Is there anyone in the Indonesian school to have achieved likeness like Chang with electrogenesis and pyrokinesis etc, or have all the students not been able to fuse their yin and yang?

Peace Profound.

• Like 6

I am in China teaching english, and wondering if Kosta knows where Mo Pai originated from? The exact origins/location of where it was founded, head quartered or anything alike. There could be remnants of when the tradition branched off that might accept students.

• Like 1

I believe that a big problem that appeared since the publishing of the book was something along the lines:

Here is an amazing valid system that many people would love to practice but they can't because the access has been denied (the reasons are irrelevant)

So I have a question with two kinda ramifications:

Since Kosta (and westerners in general) cannot be taught past level 3(or 2b), what form of Qigong/Neigung does he continue to practice?

Or is there any other school that he would recommend since Mopai is inaccessible to westerners?

Thank you Mr. Becker for doing this.

• Like 11

I am in China teaching english, and wondering if Kosta knows where Mo Pai originated from? The exact origins/location of where it was founded, head quartered or anything alike. There could be remnants of when the tradition branched off that might accept students.

Mo pai originated in China, near lung fu shan mountain, supposedly.

John

^ Which LungFu Shan? Not this one in Hong Kong??

Anyways, awwwesome, what a gracious surprise! biggrin.gif

Perhaps we could do something similar to the Bruce Frantzis interview. Where we compiled & consolidated a bunch of questions down into a clear, concise list to ask him?

I have a number of questions myself:

1) Yin & Yang Theory?
a. If immortality is achieved by cultivating your Yang shen and "taking all your Yang" with you (p 54)...does this also include your Yin energy too? Which got fused to your Yang qi in Level 4 (5)? In which case, how would you ever become "pure Yang" if your Yin got fused with your Yang?
b. Do Yin & Yang qi attract or repel each other? Several statements in your book seemed to contradict each other on this?
c. How exactly do Yin & Yang qi circulate through or get stored in the body? Does qi turn Yin or Yang as it flows through Yin or Yang meridians/channels? Or can Yin qi flow through a Yang meridian or vice-versa? IOW, how does Yin/Yang energy correlate with Yin/Yang meridians/channels/organs/etc in the body?

2) Health?
There's been numerous rumors that since MoPai is more martial than health-oriented, it can carry some signficant health risks. Is this true? And if so - is this due more to malpractice or simply the "detoxing" side effects of working with a lot of power and clearing blockages (like "kundalini syndrome") - which may be hard to avoid even with very proper practice? Or, might even be a symptom of effective practice?

'Chen' said:

As he claims he had a heart atack practicing the Mo-Pai stuf.That means that he was practsing at least 7-8 years.and deffently he was level 2 as level 2 is the only level with these side effects.
Although the exersice for level 1 is very simple and harmless ,he propably describes what he is amble to understand from kosta book and thats all. Also he describes the half lotus posture as "seating down with crossed legs". That means again that either he has a complete ignorance of of the basic stuf or when he was writting he was bored to explain it.
As it consern the breathing maybe he took the sequence and timing from other books irrelative with Mo-pai.
I dont claim that this breathing is wrong but if its wrong you will sock your organism for good.
About the stories that the Level 2 can create health problems ,deffently YES.I have witnessed 2 cases of serius problems, such as the bloackage of throat chakra that was healed from Sifu and another case that the inner tranformation of another practioner almost killed him.
I really dont know if it was due to wrong practise,or a side effect caused of the nature of this kind of practise.
Thats why I wrote not to be practissed from books of uncertain origin.

3) Neidan?
a. One viewpoint states that there are basically 2 models of neidan (with MoPai clearly falling into the latter):

The Taoist practice is based on two fundamental principles of the pre-Heaven and post-Heaven.
• the principle of the pre-Heaven that Xian Tian in China, has set itself the objective of developing the power of the shen, Yang Shen with the development of the fetus and the exit from the immortal physical body.
• the principle of post-Heaven Hou Tian, belongs to the school of thunder and lightning, She Shan Dao in Chinese, as before, the objective of achieving enlightenment and immortality,' but through the consolidation of Dan and development of the Yin-Yang Gong. the fusion of Yin Qi and Yang Qi.

Would you agree with this classification?
b. The twin goals of "enlightenment" & "immortality" are often listed as the ultimate neidan endgames.. However, "enlightenment" is often described as the transcendence of all duality (including Self)...whereas "immortality" would be the eternal preservation of "Self," no? It seems almost contradictory, but I suppose this "immortal self" that does goes on would be a transcendence of life/death (belonging not quite wholly to either state) as Sambhogakāya? Or no?

4) Fact Vs Fiction?
Are there any persistent or common rumors, misconceptions, misinterpretations, confusions, embellishments, inaccuracies, etc that you would like to clarify at this time? For example:
a. Did you literally witness John levitate nearly a foot off the carpeted hotel floor, just like you wrote in The Magus of Java (p 158)? Because while Jim McMillan believes that John can lighten his weight (qing gong), he doesn't believe that he can fully levitate..
b. Jim also said that John once had a friendly encounter with Mike Tyson and demo'd some ability on him that Mike apparently had trouble resisting. If you know any more about this meeting, could you elaborate further on exactly what happened? biggrin.gif
4) Energy?
a. From your background in MoPai and other qigong, whenever expending energy (through sex, healing others, performing siddhis, etc) - how much is typically drawn from our own personal reserves vs "channeled" from "the universe" in real-time?

And can this ratio be changed (ideally to 100% "the universe")?

Or does it generally always need "processing" (like digestion for food or a transformer for electricity) first before it can be utilized by our bodies? In which case, "universal energy" may fuel our reserves, but we are still always running directly off our reserves (and only indirectly off "universal energy")..

b. Is it possible to regenerate your xiantian (prenatal or "pre-Heaven") jing that you inherited from your parents? TCM says no...although neidan might be more open to extraordinary feats?

5) Advice?
Based upon your long study in MoPai, qigong, martial arts and life in general - do you any key tips (like referred to on p 36), precautions or wisdom you'd like to impart to us? biggrin.gif
a. For example, if synthetic materials can impede Yin qi absorption from the Earth, does meditating on an upper floor also lessen such grounding absorption?

Ok, that's all for now.. I realize that was way more than 2 questions - but I'm just throwing them into the pot.. Thank you & Mike very kindly for such a generous offer!!!

/\

Edited by gendao
  • Like 6

Q: How does one sever the Dan Tian chords in Mo Pai is it mental or physical? :)

Could WarriorBBM or anyone else who understands what Dan Tian chords are and severing them means explain it to me please? I am courious and have tried to google it but found no answer.

I saw this chord severing recently around TTB and am not familiar with the concept in this kind of context.

Is it something akin to passing through the gates of fear, psychological and emotional ,spiritual detangeling ? Or?

What are the chords? How could someone severe it physicaly?

Could WarriorBBM or anyone else who understands what Dan Tian chords are and severing them means explain it to me please? I am courious and have tried to google it but found no answer.

I saw this chord severing recently around TTB and am not familiar with the concept in this kind of context.

Is it something akin to passing through the gates of fear, psychological and emotional ,spiritual detangeling ? Or?

What are the chords? How could someone severe it physicaly?

Could be complete BS but from what I've picked up its something like this; You have the dense ball of yang qi at the lower dan tian, at the third level the energetic cords that hold it in place are severed, this allows you to move the yang qi ball to the perineum where it combines with yin qi and moves back to the lower abdomen.

So that's the level 4 fusion of yin and yang.

I have a feeling that the cords are energetic because the dan tian itself is an energetic structure. I doubt there's any physical severing, no indication of that in the book afaik.

Do you want a 'non-informed', as in 'intuitive' reading of what I reckon it is? I have one :-). It's jing-chi-shen issue IMO. And not just the 'Jing = sexual 'stuff' perspective. Jing is much more than that.

Now if I could just get what I have in mind to telepathically transfer without me having to explain. That would be cool:-)

Ok, that's all for now.. I realize that was way more than 2 questions - but I'm just throwing them into the pot.. Thank you & Mike very kindly for such a generous offer!!!

/\

I appreciate that you, and many others, may have a bunch of questions you would like to ask. The limiting of the number to two questions per person is so that more people have a chance to ask questions.

You have to bear in mind that Kostas writes for a hobby. There are many professional writers, martial arts and qigong teachers-he isn't one of them. He has a job that already takes up a lot of time, he has a family and on top of that there is time spent teaching martial arts to his students.

His offer to spend the time reading and replying to questions is on his part a generous one, and information given freely. He has no business to promote in this, no new book to sell (the new book being available for free as an e-book), DVD or seminar tour (I will say again, I have never paid Kostas a penny for anything he has taught me).

So please, keep it to two questions so that as many people as possible have the opportunity to ask their questions.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I appreciate that you, and many others, may have a bunch of questions you would like to ask. The limiting of the number to two questions per person is so that more people have a chance to ask questions.

You have to bear in mind that Kostas writes for a hobby. There are many professional writers, martial arts and qigong teachers-he isn't one of them. He has a job that already takes up a lot of time, he has a family and on top of that there is time spent teaching martial arts to his students.

His offer to spend the time reading and replying to questions is on his part a generous one, and information given freely. He has no business to promote in this, no new book to sell (the new book being available for free as an e-book), DVD or seminar tour (I will say again, I have never paid Kostas a penny for anything he has taught me).

So please, keep it to two questions so that as many people as possible have the opportunity to ask their questions.

Thank you.

Then I'm asking 4 and 5 of vertex's questions :rolleyes:

• Like 5