Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Bodhi Savas

From a taoist view, is this a legit idea? Are they suffering from leavng the penatal? And helping us return to it? The source, primordial, creator?

Do taoists even see the world as suffering? Manly P hall says no, in his writings on the Tao, while Alex Anatole says Daoists do see the world as suffering.

Perhaps becuase Anatole is associated with organized taoism? As in religious.

It would be silly of me to speak for 'all Taoists'... but imo life is suffering and is enjoyment and is pain and is pleasure... you may notice there is no real difference between happiness and sadness... it's just two sides of one coin...

It's like a pendulum swinging between the two opposites... but the actual motion/movement is a whole, singular 'thing' out of which the polar opposites arise... maybe the Taoist way is to get that pendulum swing more and more... further to one side then then other untill the swinging is so fast and so forcefull, that the pendulum starts going in a circle (rather than just from side to side)... then the polar opposites dissapear and we awaken to the motion/movement of life...?

I like the taoist view we are living in latter heaven. Maybe not earlier primieval heaven, but a heaven nontheless. How much you enjoy it depends largely on where you choose to look and sniff.

Michael

Manly P Hall wasn't a Taoist. He was a Mason. Big difference.

I didnt claim Manly P Hall was a taoist. He wrote a bunch about it though, with deep insight. What do you know about brother Manly? The Masons? All that stuff is reeeally mysterious. I enjoy some of Hall's work though.

Hey Spectrum, will you enlighten us more about your previous comment on this thread? The relationship between masons and taoists is very interesting, to say the least. Perhaps you know about it?

Hey Spectrum, will you enlighten us more about your previous comment on this thread? The relationship between masons and taoists is very interesting, to say the least. Perhaps you know about it?

That Manly P. Hall was a Mason writing about his opinions of Taoism? What more is there to say? Would you prefer I take a defensive or offensive position concerning Manly?

Spectrum

PS- Satvas have good kung fu

Edited by Spectrum

I do not prefer either! If you could expound on any of this further would be nice. How do Masonic and Taoist practices differ, then? He sure sounds like a Taoist in his writing about the Tao practices - he says there is a simple breathing practice. He defends the Tao a lot as if its the closest thing to his heart, perhaps more than freemasonry? I do not know as I have studied little into his writings on freemasonry.

"How do Masonic and Taoist practices differ, then?"

Oh I don't know... One initiates it's new members with a hangmans noose?

lol satvas have good kung fu.

...Spectrum, your still being really vague!

About masonic initiation procedures?

The relationship between masons and taoists is very interesting, to say the least. Perhaps you know about it?

Nope never heard of it. I know Manly wrote on it. Could you explain more to us about this "relationship" I was unaware that masons and taoists had cultivated any kind of relationship. Please expound on the interesting. Sources?

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Your the one who made this distinction between masons and taoists, I am interested to see what else you know about it. I do not know much other than what Hall wrote, but its questionable if Hall was even a mason although surely he enjoyed tao. Check out the book 12 World Teachers to see his writing on tao or White Bird something from prs.org as both are very interesting.

What do you mean by bodhi savas have good kung fu? I think, if I meditate on tara's eyes or chenrezig's arms it could def help my chi flow/gong fu...

Your the one who made this distinction between masons and taoists

Yup.

I am interested to see what else you know about it

Frankly I was simply making an observation. If you have a specific question feel free to ask.

Are you a Mason or something? What prompted you to make this distinction? If nothing else, thats fine. Are you mason? Do you consider yourself a taoist?

Also, I said "What do you mean by bodhi savas have good kung fu?"

Bodhi savas are pretty funny things...

I thought you meant Bodhisatvas.

I consider enough. Maybe less.

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this