Sign in to follow this  
rene

I know this isn't really the place but...

I've been trying for a long time now to remember/re-find a quote that really grabbed me when I read it... I think it was in someone's sig line. It goes something like - He who dreams of the feast awakes and longs for the hunt... or maybe it was dreams of the hunt wakes longing for the feast.

Anyone?

I've been trying for a long time now to remember/re-find a quote that really grabbed me when I read it... I think it was in someone's sig line. It goes something like - He who dreams of the feast awakes and longs for the hunt... or maybe it was dreams of the hunt wakes longing for the feast.

Anyone?

Ha! Sweetie. You are just in time. That was Chuang Tzu. (Lin Yutang's translation, if I remember correctly.)

Ha! Sweetie. You are just in time. That was Chuang Tzu. (Lin Yutang's translation, if I remember correctly.)

Really?? Wow. Do you recall which chapter?

Really?? Wow. Do you recall which chapter?

Chuang Tzu, Translation by Lin Yutang, Chapter 2 On Leveling All Things

"Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow. Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt. While they dream, they do not know that they are dreaming. Some will even interpret the very dream they are dreaming; and only when they awake do they know it was a dream. ..."

Chuang Tzu, Translation by Lin Yutang, Chapter 2 On Leveling All Things

"Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow. Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt. While they dream, they do not know that they are dreaming. Some will even interpret the very dream they are dreaming; and only when they awake do they know it was a dream. ..."

10,000 thanks, dear friend, and I guess this was the place to ask after all. (-:

10,000 thanks, dear friend, and I guess this was the place to ask after all. (-:

Yeah, I think this was the best place to ask such a question.

Sign in to follow this