Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

James Arthur Ray (Trial, Motivational speaker and guest speaker on the Secret).

If he had just properly researched the safety aspect beforehand it never woulda happened.

It's too bad those people had to pay for his arrogance.

I was reading some articles on guru-talk this morning. It's like a gossip column for spiritual seekers. The Kunlun and 5ET stuff on here is small potatoes.

I have a personal problem with "The Secret" and many other "spiritual" books and media. But it would take me a while to get into it.

Is the question about taking responsibility? My thought is that unless i was an expert on sweat lodges and putting people in them and knew what signs to look for in people who are in overheating danger i wouldn't run one. IMO being interested in all things "spiritual" doesn't make me an expert on human physiology.

He had absolutely no authority to run a lodge for others. That is a huge commitment which (in Dakota/Lakota/Nakota traditions anyways) takes at least 16 years (4yrs on the fire/4 years hanblecheya (vision quest)/4years sundancing/ 4 additional years vision quest with regard to carrying an alter for the people + specific training.

Of course everything was wrong with what he did but the really obvious key point (besides charging money) was the fact that blue plastic tarps are shown in the photos. This basically means he had no real teacher, no lineage; It was all improvised or imitation.

Blessings to the victims. Sad.

Seth Ananda.

P.S.

The secret is ruining our planet.

Bob Proctor told his audience, that every one alive on the planet, could drive a BMW, and that fuel and resources were no problem, because as we want them, the universe will magically supply them...

And wanting less, to help the environment or show global responsibility is just poverty consciousness, and not aligned with 'Universal thinking'... and all starving people have to do is change their thinking...

Blessings to the victims. Sad.

Seth Ananda.

P.S.

The secret is ruining our planet.

Bob Proctor told his audience, that every one alive on the planet, could drive a BMW, and that fuel and resources were no problem, because as we want them, the universe will magically supply them...

And wanting less, to help the environment or show global responsibility is just poverty consciousness, and not aligned with 'Universal thinking'... and all starving people have to do is change their thinking...

Agreed. The Secret completely ignores personal responsibility.

Sign in to follow this