Sign in to follow this  
Mal

TTB Song project

Sweet bro, I haven't asked as I don't really seem to have anyone else to mix in yet :lol:

Got a drum track that you wouldn't mind me laying some sax on?

(groovy bass lines, an entire rhythm section, etc.... ;) )

hmm...I am still behind in other drumtrackin' :ninja: because of the cabinet build :lol:

that's some good sax plain bro :)

I made a rap a couple weeks ago about some of my spiritual experiences and added a little bit about the tao bums in it it too XD it's serious in the beginning than in the end it gets all silly :lol: I was thinking about recording it and uploading it to here a couple times, who knows I might do it. I don't really know what this post is about but if you guys are writing a song, I'm down for some lyricism :D(that is if I can join the club :P)

AЯAB I'd enjoy hearing you throw down. All you need is an interest to be "in the club" and I'd definitely love some added lyricism :)

Honestly I'm not really sure how to "get this all in motion" myself, and most people who do already have a pile of projects backed up and waiting for some free time.

What I'd really like to do is something original.... but that's a big blank slate to start with. Perhaps as a start something with a well know structure like a standard.

So........ what about Misty?

Everyone knows it usually played in Eb.... a nice key for horns :) but also suitable for singing / rap and various instruments. I have a backing track we could listen to on headphones to play along with, then mix our recordings together and see what we get.

(Not 100% sure about "Misty" open to suggestions, just though of it since I played it this morning + have backing track with sheet music for C Bb and Eb instruments.)

This one is an original from my sax and drums 2 piece - RamJet

"Living on the Island"

http://snd.sc/tRIhwI

I've been having too many "ideas" in my solo's, they get a bit cluttered, so this one was an attempt to do more with less, trying for a simple "A" "B" and changing when the drums change.

Edited by Mal Stainkey

IMO a good way to go about this is...since there is collaboration we need to agree on a few things - get a common format, decide on original vs cover tune. How many tunes. If original it would probably be best for a single person to develop their idea as best they can from a root & chord progression standpoint just to hash out a general outline. Lots of times the general outline stands half complete for a while, so if anyone's ideas are somewhat incomplete either hold on to it and develop, or present as incomplete and let people interject what they may doesnt matter which path is taken. If click tracks are needed they are pretty easy to make, those should be necessary at least for the getting together of the couple back end instruments, unless of course a drum track gets developed well enough that the click is obsolete.

Getting the general concepts down and what the goal is and having that agreed upon is a necessary step :)

If original it would probably be best for a single person to develop their idea as best they can from a root & chord progression standpoint just to hash out a general outline.

Good idea, I'm happy to help out with other ideas but for me I think I'd like to finish my 12 bar blues in E

"The Dao can not be Spoken" (from post #6)

as improvised blues if what I like doing.

Has a rhythm section backing track - needs at least additional drums and if we have a bass player I'd really like to replace my keyboard with a real bass line.

I'd like to leave my into and the harp solo on the first 2 chorus.

then keep that pattern going with another singer followed by instrumental chorus

(we can adjust the number of choruses to fit everyone in and you can take 2 or 3 if you have something to say)

Then finish off as a group sing/play that we can be overdub together to make the final chorus.

?

Edited by Mal Stainkey

Oh my! i can't believe I have missed this! I AM A GUITaRist, BASS player, I can scream REALLY loud. Kind of like that singer for the hardcore band Pig Destroyer, who doesn't need a mic, lol.

I am going to listen to this and see what I think. I got Fruity Loops and know several other people who could help me edit.

I would love to do a very heavy song, loud guitars that push air for the yang aspect of the music ya know?

Oh my! i can't believe I have missed this! I AM A GUITaRist, BASS player, I can scream REALLY loud. Kind of like that singer for the hardcore band Pig Destroyer, who doesn't need a mic, lol.

Sweet, this week I had a guitarist drop in for our regular drums and sax jam. That was good fun, might end up with something nice after a bit more practice.

Drop some of those fruity loops on us B-D

As a beginning improviser I wanted to gain more understanding and familiarity with how one scale interacts with one chord. So I wrote The Sea Miner a modal song over only one chord .... C minor :)

The member cannot receive any new messages! :o

Mmm something must have changed.... deleted 2 and 1/2 pages of messages to get my mailbox back under quota.

Email is better since I'm rarely here now ;)

Sign in to follow this