konchog uma

Daoist Nei Gong by Damo Mitchell

Well you'd get there eventually, most people can't circle walk like that right way. Also it is very important to keep proper alignment, back straight, and straight up and down, tailbone tucked under...

• Like 3

I agree with BKA about training with Damo or any qualified instructor. I have learned many things from books, but no substitute for direct transmission of wisdom.

• Like 1

I was re-reading this book last night and was struck by something in the introduction, in the section titled, "Why Practice Nei Gong?

People do not move into Nei Gong training through advertising or convincing, they simply come when it is the right time for them. I apologise to any readers who are hoping for a better reason to practice Nei Gong but I cannot give one. If you are not drawn to the practice then the time is simply not right for you.

Daoist Nei Gong, pg. 21

For a while now, I've had the sense that Nei Gong isn't something someone just stumbles on to and picks up like a hobby. There is a sense of destiny about it. Not only do I agree that, if you are not drawn to it, it is probably not the right time for you, I also think that if it is the right time for you, you don't really need to go looking for it; Nei Gong will find you.

• Like 4

when the student is ready the teacher will appear. this has been true for me. now that my sifu is far away from here, he was super kind enough to set me up a meeting with his sifu. I know GM, but I have not gotten direct instruction from him very much at all. I am so stoked. While I am veering farther off topic, Rick is having the most success he has ever had in numbers with Zhan Zhuang. ;)