Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Energy, Chi, and transmission...

Hello folks,

I want to start by saying that I have very little knowledge of Tai Chi, Qigong, Neigong and Yoga practices. I haven't studied them much and I only read one book on the subject about 15 years ago, but I still have an energy practice, although I wasn't aware of it til I talked with a friend who does practice these arts. What I'm going to do is describe my practice and see if this is what you're talking about or if it's not, just to get a better idea of these practices.

My own energy practice is revolved around sensing and moving the energy within my body through breathing, the one I do most often is simply breathing in "good" energy and exhaling "bad" energy. I try to sense where it is in my body and move it out. I can do this quite easily in most cases and I've found that through visualizing the process and concentrating I can minimize or eliminate pain and also help to speed up the healing process within my own body, or at least I think I can, I've never really done anything like cut myself and try to consciously heal myself, then cut myself and let it go, that seems kind of psycho.

I can also sense energy from the earth, which is oftentimes felt as a vibration in my feet when I am standing. I am actually quite acutely aware of vibrations, when I went on a cruise the constant vibration of the ships engine was really hard to push out of my mind. I could also sense the movement of the boat, in fact it gave me vertigo at times. I didn't notice anyone else experiencing this problems so I thought it might have had to do with my meditation practices.

I've never thought about transferring or taking energy from other people, that always seemed kind of off to me, but when I hear you explain it in other threads I can see the benefits of it, so long as you're doing it for the right reasons.

When I've dealt with spiritual forces I find that I can erect energy around me to prevent them from bothering me. I don't say anything like "begone in the name of God/Shiva/etc." rather I just erect this barrier and still my mind and they leave.

I remember when I was in my twenties I was struck repeatedly by something on my legs while I was in my bed, that was the first time I thought of this energy barrier thing... I visualized and focused on it and whatever it was that struck me stopped.

Anyways, if anyone can give me insight into their own practices or if they're similar to what I've been doing, I'd love to hear it. I know my practice is probably likening kindergarten to college, but still I would like to start working more on it and cultivating it a bit more (I hate that word by the way, it reminds me of gardening and gardening myself seems quite strange). Any insight will be appreciated.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

Nice topic.

My practice revolves around breathing "orgasmic" energy though different parts of my body. What ill do is breath into/from a body part, say the hands, while concentrating and building the energy there. When i feel myself (instinctively) coming to a "peak" i will rapidly dissipate the energy which feels like popping a bubble. The physical action is sorta like flinching or or a very fast twitch which feels like it cleanses that body part and the more more i do it the more pronounced my breath is in that area. Like i can actually FEEL a physical breathing (air movement) sensation in the part. I can do this in any area of my body and it produces a very intense and profound effect on my awareness. It actually makes me feel "high" so to speak.

When you do your energy work in public do you ever notice people sneezing around you? I started doing this while in class a while ago and people near me would always sneeze. It took me a long time to connect what was happening, but it never fails. In my longer classes it gets pretty hilarious, after about an hour of energy/body breathing and popping just about everyone in the class will have sneezed multiple times, and my friends usually note that they feel "lighter" and better after being around me. Im left wondering what exactly is happening, am i collecting and cleansing the energy of myself and others? If i can manipulate energy and produce an effect in others, then what effect is their energy having on me?

Another thing i would do with my energy is to sort of clone my energy "imprint" and either leave it in a room, or surround myself with it. Another thing i would do is to create imaginary "lifeforms" and imbue them with energy to make them stronger or more "alive". I can program them for just about anything, but usually for protection.

p.s. I sorta wrote this in a hurry and wanted to write more, so sorry if nothing makes sense. ^_^

• Like 1

Twinner,

A fairly adept friend of mine works mainly wih vibration - IMO being sensitive to energy opens many more possibilities to a practictioner of any art. He uses vibration to project, his felt sense while projected translates into information and sometimes visual imagery. Good luck with what you do.

I have a question for you: do you work distantly at all?

A good practise is the waterfall type visualization. There are several ways (points of view) to visualize energy falling or wanting (pushing) to flow over you, or you receiving (willing) energy flow to the body. Can also be the point of view of the universe, just making an energy shift from one place to another, so that you are not so associated with your body. Sit with hands palms up, and also visualise the energy going into your bai hui top of head energy gate as well as palm gates. But it can just loosely flow too. This meditation is pretty common, because it makes use of the natural flow of energy or prana into a human body, and then uses one's yi or intent and visualisation to maximize it. Most people dont do it enough to really get into the point of view, but if you take the point of view of the prana itself, its very effective, if you can take the point of view of the universe and make the movie so real its like a lucid dream, then that is most effective. I can only do that briefly because the picture fades.

I just do Shim Gong

LOL... I've never heard of Shim Gong before so I thought this was a joke, but I did a quick search and found out it was a real energy practice. Can you tell me more about it? How does it differ or how is it similar to other practices?

Thanks,

Aaron

Twinner,

A fairly adept friend of mine works mainly wih vibration - IMO being sensitive to energy opens many more possibilities to a practictioner of any art. He uses vibration to project, his felt sense while projected translates into information and sometimes visual imagery. Good luck with what you do.

I have a question for you: do you work distantly at all?

Hello Mokona,

I'm not sure what you mean by "distantly". In the past during meditation I have had experiences where I seemed to be someplace else. One I still remember concretely, because it was so vivid, to the point I could hear and smell what was going on, I appeared to be standing in a display looking out at a mother, father, and son as they were shopping. There were people behind them, but my focus seemed to be on them for some reason. It was strange and scary and really quite disturbing. I've had others as well, but none quite like that.

I also used to do experiments with my brother where I'd go in a room, have a book or object in front of me and visualize it and then have him write down what I was sending him. We were actually successful more times than not. I've never actually tried to send energy to someone over a distance though, if that's what you mean.

Aaron

Nice topic.

My practice revolves around breathing "orgasmic" energy though different parts of my body. What ill do is breath into/from a body part, say the hands, while concentrating and building the energy there. When i feel myself (instinctively) coming to a "peak" i will rapidly dissipate the energy which feels like popping a bubble. The physical action is sorta like flinching or or a very fast twitch which feels like it cleanses that body part and the more more i do it the more pronounced my breath is in that area. Like i can actually FEEL a physical breathing (air movement) sensation in the part. I can do this in any area of my body and it produces a very intense and profound effect on my awareness. It actually makes me feel "high" so to speak.

When you do your energy work in public do you ever notice people sneezing around you? I started doing this while in class a while ago and people near me would always sneeze. It took me a long time to connect what was happening, but it never fails. In my longer classes it gets pretty hilarious, after about an hour of energy/body breathing and popping just about everyone in the class will have sneezed multiple times, and my friends usually note that they feel "lighter" and better after being around me. Im left wondering what exactly is happening, am i collecting and cleansing the energy of myself and others? If i can manipulate energy and produce an effect in others, then what effect is their energy having on me?

Another thing i would do with my energy is to sort of clone my energy "imprint" and either leave it in a room, or surround myself with it. Another thing i would do is to create imaginary "lifeforms" and imbue them with energy to make them stronger or more "alive". I can program them for just about anything, but usually for protection.

p.s. I sorta wrote this in a hurry and wanted to write more, so sorry if nothing makes sense. ^_^

Hello Imonous,

I haven't ever tried to do energy practice in groups. I must say I don't think the sneezing thing was funny at all, in fact that kind of thing disturbs me greatly. One shouldn't use any form of practice, whether martial, energy, or philosophical lightly, and most certainly not to cause one to suffer. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, it just seems a bit irresponsible to me.

I thank you for your description of your practice though. I used to do some sexual practice, orgasm denial, etc. in order to try and maintain the "euphoric" state longer, but gave that up years ago. At one time I could "perform" for over an hour before the finale. I have a very active libido, so I could actually achieve a finale multiple times, in most cases without a break. I found that this kind of practice can become addictive and is definitely hedonistic, so I gave it up. The girls dug it though.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

It's not taught as much as qi gong type exercises since it's more powerful and a lot less showy

Basically, by the time normal qi gong practitioner does his form once, with shim gong it's done a thousand times in your head, or once but a lot more intense

It requires a lot more energy so all I do now is horse stance

Edited by Sinfest

I can think a thousand thoughts at the same time, be in two places at the same time, make my pain real and make my imagination reality(though universe doesn't judge so it comes out all funkier then in my head)

You know how Tai-chi masters can hurt with small movements, this is something like this, I just don't need to move as much

Not really a demo but check this out

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/20898-smarty-smarts/

then later

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/20971-14th-world-congress-on-qigong-and-tcm-toronto-canada/

If only I could be more precise about these things then I could do real demos

but thinking about what my friend's master might do to me for showing off is scary :ph34r:

my friend's master might do :ph34r:

And he's not your master? laugh.gif

I am curious how many thoughts could you think at the same time?

There was a weird agreement about teaching stuff and I don't want my head cut off because I did something stupid

That thinking stuff depends on how much I can forget and it's a little hard to explain without going into technique and I like my head attached to my neck :ph34r:

So do you do horse stance physically or just in your head? :lol:

I guess you practice the Korean system where Shim gong = Shen Gong?

Wai Gong (physical), Nei Gong (energy) , Shim gong (mind)

There was a weird agreement about teaching stuff and I don't want my head cut off because I did something stupid

That thinking stuff depends on how much I can forget and it's a little hard to explain without going into technique and I like my head attached to my neck :ph34r:

Ahhh...

You managed to make me sleepy.

But interesting stuff.

Besides my regular Chi-Gung and Martial practices i have been practicing a bit of Deity Yoga as of late.

-I intent myself as a being of light filled with pure healing and blissful white light engrossing me and everything around. I intent my personal deity, you can use any diety from any tradition or simply create a personal guru for yourself, i personally use Jesus because he's a healer and then i merge myself with him completely, often i'll become small and fall into his heart chakra and become filled with bliss.

-Usually triggers a lot of tears. It has been very powerful for me. Peace

Edited by OldGreen

It is all explained in the title of my personal practice journal

I'm not the only one who does interesting stuff, shhh!

At the bottom of the forum, right under the names, next to the LOOOOOOOOOOOVE thread :lol:

Basically I use pain and trauma to relive same experience or make an imaginary one seem real to me

Hello Imonous,

I haven't ever tried to do energy practice in groups. I must say I don't think the sneezing thing was funny at all, in fact that kind of thing disturbs me greatly. One shouldn't use any form of practice, whether martial, energy, or philosophical lightly, and most certainly not to cause one to suffer. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, it just seems a bit irresponsible to me.

I thank you for your description of your practice though. I used to do some sexual practice, orgasm denial, etc. in order to try and maintain the "euphoric" state longer, but gave that up years ago. At one time I could "perform" for over an hour before the finale. I have a very active libido, so I could actually achieve a finale multiple times, in most cases without a break. I found that this kind of practice can become addictive and is definitely hedonistic, so I gave it up. The girls dug it though.

Aaron

Why is it disturbing? I never try to manipulate energy of others, that is not my intent. Whenever i feel "heavy" i cleanse my own energy and just so happen to notice that the energy of people in close proximity to me gets cleansed in the process, or they are at least able to feel the effects on some level. Which in my mind points to a constant flow and exchange of energy between people and all things. This has led me out of the mindset that energy is "mines" in the first place and that we all share the same energetic "field" so to speak. And i should note that the technique i use isn't sexual per say. I used "orgasmic" to relay what it feels like as i am moving/breathing it through my body. It feels very sweet, and well yeah, orgasmic.

Sign in to follow this