Thunder_Gooch

"World's Most Relaxing Music" Composed

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/11/10/18/167253/worlds-most-relaxing-music-composed?utm_source=rss1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed

"World's Most Relaxing Music" Composed

Musical group, Marconi Union, and Lyz Cooper, the UK's leading therapeutic sound practitioner have released what they claim is the world's most relaxing music. They contend that the calming effects of "Weightless" are not subjective but are based on scientific evidence. The music was found to cause brainwaves and heart rate to synchronize with the rhythm, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol. In fact, Scientists played the song to 40 women and found it to be 11% more effective at helping them relax than songs by Enya, Mozart and Coldplay. The eight-minute track is so effective at inducing sleep, motorists have now been warned they should not listen to it while driving.

http://www.shortlist.com/resource/binary//f930079828e80dc02164c02d88e78283/Weightless.mp3

neat track

although enya mozart and coldplay are all emotional musicians, and weightless there is just synth

but not a critique just an observation, i found it relaxing!

As anamatva said: Comparing this relaxation music to Enya, Mozart and Coldplay and then only getting 11% more efficiency is not impressive. Also, do those three all have the same efficiency? And did they find them to be most relaxing compared to various relaxation music? Where's all the interesting information about this study?

And then ... is Weightless music? I'd call it "sound patterns", and in this category my hemi-sync brown noise beats Weightless easily. ;) It'll make you sleep while you're awake. ^_^

Edited by Hardyg

As anamatva said: Comparing this relaxation music to Enya, Mozart and Coldplay and then only getting 11% more efficiency is not impressive. Also, do those three all have the same efficiency? And did they find them to be most relaxing compared to various relaxation music? Where's all the interesting information about this study?

And then ... is Weightless music? I'd call it "sound patterns", and in this category my hemi-sync brown noise beats Weightless easily. ;) It'll make you sleep while you're awake. ^_^

it doesn't contain any binaural beats that I am aware of.