Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Brown

Grains, Pulses and Dairy

OK most of us here know that combining certain foods increases the "full protein" available to the body but what's disturbing is that we are now being told that this is a myth!

I personally have no doubt about the science of creating full protein but why are some people trying to twist the truth? The meat marketing peeps perhaps? blush.gif

And yes I do eat meat but less as I get older.

large_grain.jpg

Just a note about protein, each plant has it's own unique amino acid profile, so if you eat a variety of veggies each day, you're bound to get your complete protein. Most of the worry about protein stems from stuff that was thought to be true a couple decades ago, these days we know that we actually keep the amino acids we accumulate over the day and the body uses them as needed, so you don't need a complete protein at each meal, just a balanced diet overall.

So that means you can eat whatever you want, so long as you're eating healthy and varying your diet. Don't eat the same meals every single day if you can help it... sigh... there goes my ramen for lunch. I've been eating that stuff for the last year nearly every day for lunch. When I say I love ramen, I mean I love ramen. Hot and Spicy with a healthy dose of Srirachi hot sauce is "da bomb" as my nephew would say.

Anyways, off topic, so again, I'd recommend that you don't worry so much about your diet so much Patrick, just try to eat as healthy as you can.

Aaron

OK most of us here know that combining certain foods increases the "full protein" available to the body but what's disturbing is that we are now being told that this is a myth!

There is a book Diet for a Small Planet in which the author -Francis Moore Lappe-

said that you needed to combine foods to get full amino acids in protein - for instance rice and beans.

Everyone was running around at the time worried and combining,

However a number of years later she revised the book and said later studies showed it wasn't necessary to combine at the same meal. And yes it is not necessary.

There is a book Diet for a Small Planet in which the author -Francis Moore Lappe-

said that you needed to combine foods to get full amino acids in protein - for instance rice and beans.

Everyone was running around at the time worried and combining,

However a number of years later she revised the book and said later studies showed it wasn't necessary to combine at the same meal. And yes it is not necessary.

Yes that's what I heard but surely people with a large amount of muscle mass would benefit from food combining? I'm sure we've all heard about vegans, vegetarians and fruitarians that are into body building? I'm pretty slim and light weight so I obviously don't need as much protein as most people.

Yes that's what I heard but surely people with a large amount of muscle mass would benefit from food combining? I'm sure we've all heard about vegans, vegetarians and fruitarians that are into body building? I'm pretty slim and light weight so I obviously don't need as much protein as most people.

Not necessary.

maybe if yo only eat one meal a day and then I am not sure.

You might google and find the option you desire. :)

Sign in to follow this