Protector

Real Kung Fu Movie

Real life 34th generation Shaolin Master Yanzi Shi starring in a kung fu movie set in London's Chinatown. Back to basic, NO WIRES, NO CGI, 100% KUNG FU.

Must... make... world... know...

Hey, maybe there should be a kung fu sub-forum hmmmmmmmmm
  • Like 2

They put a lot of effort into defining their movie by distinguishing it from others. Not that it's generally a bad thing, but at some points it feels like they make up more severe differences than there actually are. I mean, when he says the monk fights for a REASON ... well, everybody does. The point is, though, that the monk's fighting apparently is the focus, and not his reasons. So this is a kung fu movie glorifying fighting, just like the ones they're trying to distinguish theirs from. They're fooling themselves. ... Seeing differences on the surface, but at the core it's the same.

You know what I mean? Subtle clues for an identity-crisis-like thing going on.

Maybe I'm oversensitive, but maybe it's a fine-tuned bullshit detector.

Oh, and since it's supposed to be no-wires, no-cgi, just pure authentic martial arts, I hope the impossible bending backwards and forwards at 4:43 with the camera hiding the people holding his legs in place (like shown at 5:22) won't make it into the movie. ;)

They glorify no cgi wireless fighting ;)

They are just saying all the good things they can think of to say to promote their movie, no one wants to be saying about their movie that it's crap :lol:

More questions will be answered when the movie comes out, maybe even a take on what is happening to the modern kung fu and practice

Oh, and since it's supposed to be no-wires, no-cgi, just pure authentic martial arts, I hope the impossible bending backwards and forwards at 4:43 with the camera hiding the people holding his legs in place (like shown at 5:22) won't make it into the movie. ;)

:lol:

probably just shaolin wushu not even genuine kung fu like the northern shaolin taught at my school.

Is he really a monk? I know that at the modern shaolin temple there are plenty of "monks" who go home and have a wife and kids! Even though they don the robe and have a shaved head.

I find it weird for a real monk to be making a movie...

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

In the beginning of the trailer it looks like they're practicing the Shiba Luohan Qigong. Owledge and Ish make some good points but it still looks like a good flick. Thanks for posting that trailer.

I like the part with the bad guy taking down the boxers while smoking a cigarette

:ph34r: Just the way I used to do it B)

also I've found when things say 'Real' before the tittle most often they are not.

Edited by thelerner