Blue

How to control chi flow?

I am new to the training, but seem to be getting a good sense how energy flows, not only the vertical flow, but also horizontal ones. How to properly control it? There is a distinct drain on the left side starting at the solar plexus level, it does not feel right.

I am not an expert at controlling Chi flow by any means. If you should actually try to control it is another question in itself.

-However, i believe there is an old Daoist saying: "Where intent goes energy flows."

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Something to consider is that controlling is what causes problems with qi flow. So the best way to control your qi, is to totally abandon your control and let go.

For instance, something doesn't feel right on the left side? Let it go!

:lol:

The body heals itself...especially with relaxation and positive emotional states.

And yes like OldGreen said, qi follows the mind. A practical way to consider this is: what you wish to do with your qi, simply do with your mind, and trust that the qi is doing it.

For instance, if you wish to: circulate the qi, collect it in an area, to create a specific type of qi like watery or firey, etc. Just do whatever it is with your mind, and soon enough you will be able to notice the difference in your qi.

I'd stick with safe, legitimate, recommended methods.

• Like 2

@OldGreen You're right, it seem to be two separate issues. There are out to be more targeted meditations on the chi flow control, I just did not get there yet. What feels like a drain, is not the intent, it's something that is foreign, something I have to actively chase away.

Edited by Blue

@Sinfest

You're right, but I'll figure it out, perhaps it's my evil twin, lol

Breathing does heal.

@Sinfest

You're right, but I'll figure it out, perhaps it's my evil twin, lol

Breathing does heal.

Indeed it does, that is why I love standing meditation so much, Zhan Zhuang. I would highly recommend it. The postures also teach very important concepts of combat, like hollowing, rooting, relaxtion (not sure if it is song or not?).

Just my opine, hope it helps...

" So the best way to control your qi, is to totally abandon your control and let go."

Scotty, this makes no sense. Perhaps, that is a way to FEEL one's chi.

...but what little control of my chi that I have, is done with intent(visualizations, too) and breathing.

try to rap against the dark side of the force, why even bother :ph34r:

abandon control, yeah, "from a certain point of view"...got it, Obi Wan :D

do, or do not :lol: `````````````````````

oh noes kitty attack

Abandon control man. Seriously, shit will drive you CRAZY.

The best way to regulate Qi flow is to do some MCO every once and awhile and keep your gates clean and open.

Another common way:

energy is conducted from the palms of your hands, which is why they face towards the dantien during meditation. When there is conductivity, move the hands with the breath and awareness to where you want the chi to go. For my own practice, I would not stop there though. Continue the flow out through the meridians to purge and purify. Be very careful about leaving the chi in one place especially before you have done purging through the meridians. When the purging is done, the chi should move through the body to cleanse it, but absorb into the cells at the same time. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

I also recommend standing and allowing the body to sway with the chi for a while afterwards. Then do sitting meditation with no intent and purpose and allow the chi to go where it wants to go for at 20 minutes. Let it massage internally. This is a nice feeling..

If you're feeling cold at all after then you're probably not absorbing enough in the process..

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

:lol: harmonious emptiness is the way to best integrate ;) I've heard from some that your ability to enter profound stillness will absolutely be a major indicator of how much "overall progress" you will be able to make.

funny enough, that on its own was very profound...and the addition of significant other things into my regimen distracted me from it and I made gains elsewhere, then when I returned to that focus I found that the other things I did were supercharged by this...and this was supercharged by the other things. the better I integrate the two, the better I get both done and practiced, I find they are coefficient multipliers, much like I've described constituent parts of breath as coefficient multipliers :D