Nanashi

Purple Reishi

Brilliant work. We have had some people make various translations of different internal alchemical texts for some time now, but I have rarely heard of the more physical components that the old alchemists used to work with in search of immortality - namely the tonics, herbs and plants that the old sages used in their pursuit of immortality. I guess their pursuits of alchemy were spread out as far as possible in their search for immortality, in the same way the alchemists of the hermetic traditions were with their search of the ultimate elixir.

Interesting indeed. Now to get us a spore print and to inculcate into an artifical mushroom incubator. We should dabble with the shen strengthening capabilities of this herb, shall we? :o:):lol:

Ive been taking Reishi for over a year now but I am questioning the quality of the reishi Im taking, I have noticed the Reishi used to be a dark brown/red colour and now its a lighter brown colour and the capsules have gotten bigger. They definitely do a good job keeping the immunity in check, but in regards to that shen tonic feeling people experience, Im just not getting that.. Might try Dragon herbs

Ive been taking Reishi for over a year now but I am questioning the quality of the reishi Im taking, I have noticed the Reishi used to be a dark brown/red colour and now its a lighter brown colour and the capsules have gotten bigger. They definitely do a good job keeping the immunity in check, but in regards to that shen tonic feeling people experience, Im just not getting that.. Might try Dragon herbs

If in doubt (and you should be when you are removed from your source of herbs and food, such as the case with the industrial agri-complex which loves to market its products as "100% fresh and natural" even though 99% of the food products are freak corn and drugged up meat), you should consider growing your own if it's feasible, there's always a way. Mushrooms in particular are not that hard to cultivate. If you can obtain the proper spores you can grow the things forever.

These links are pretty good, and with them you can learn to grow TONS of mushrooms at home, for both legit herbal ingestables and other "special reasons, wink wink* so:

This is the PF TEK method, which is very productive and easy:

http://www.shroomery.org/4/Grow-Mushrooms

Kali

Edited by Kali Yuga
  • Like 1

Well you talk about growing Mushrooms at home.

Have you noticed that you talk unintentional like those

who aim grow the Magic Mushrooms for => :wacko:

Q

I don't know what you mean by unintentional. It was part of my selected microbiological education.

I don't know if it would work for the Magic ones or not.

The genetics would be mixed up pretty randomly if you used spores from a syringe. This is about a pure culture which is much simpler since it's already an isolate, where as to get an isolate from spores you would have to seperate them out on agar and section them out, which is an essay in itself.

Does that explain?

Edited by Informer

Trichoderma Harzianum is a fungus that is a natural remedy to early blight (alternaria) that plague tomatoes which also feeds off of mushroom mycelium. :D

alternaria02.gif

Edited by Informer

Astounding. You learned all of this from a friend?

Yeah cordyceps who have a taste for protiens. Wierd indeed, lol!

Good point, that is also a good medicinal mushroom too :)

My personal fav is the shiitakes, and they are loaded with polsaccharides. And they taste great!

Lentinus edodes polysaccharide (Shiitake Polysaccharide)

Shiitake is a precious fungus has the function of anti-blood fat, and can adjust immunity, prevent the blood platetet from clotting, anti-tunour and liver protection, gene mutation prevention and anti-AIDS.

http://www.biherb.com/shiitake-polysaccharide.html

Edited by Informer

I was able to procure a sampling from my local apothecary, and though he had a reddish-black mushroom, I was encouraged to try the more psychotropic gold variety.

After consuming 1g, I spent time meditating on swordsmanship. I was able to construct two new techniques: zan-uchu-ken (the sword that cuts through the universe) and zan-mu-ken (the sword that cuts through the void, or no-thing).

I will test a larger dosage soon.

I'm considering trying some wild reishi from dragon herbs, possibly the purple variety as they say that's the most powerful as a shen tonic.

If anybody has any experience with Dragon herbs generally, or reishi I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, Liminal

The potency really depends on its qi content, which you'd have to be advanced enough to see...