Even conveying a 95% level of certainty is pretty freakin certain.

Yup, that is what I was saying, but also that I'm partly open to being wrong.

To clarify something...I'm not calling Max a liar in saying this. Just giving my partially educated opinion of KYMQG. This is allowed here...especially seeing as how there's no one who visits this forum, including 5ET, who is more educated in this. Anyone who has studied Kunlun, and seen the KYMQG DVD is just as "educated".

I have spoken with Max. Max has authorized me to relay the following message concerning any remarks about me, Sifu Matsuo and Max:

" I (Max Christensen) did not authorize his (Scotty) speaking on my (Max's ) behalf... Tell the Taobums that I (Max) said that you did not take any method from me."

(based on my communications with Max, I take this to mean that this includes any and all statements concerning any unverified "opinions" about myself (Mike), Max and any other teacher, including any unverified opinions about the history and sources of any practices of said teachers.)

Now we can all be 100% sure.

Educated "opinions" are not authorizations to make claims about anything or anyone.

I have spoken with Max. Max has authorized me to relay the following message concerning any remarks about me, Sifu Matsuo and Max:

" I (Max Christensen) did not authorize his (Scotty) speaking on my (Max's ) behalf... Tell the Taobums that I (Max) said that you did not take any method from me."

When he said "you" does he mean "you" as in "mike (knows as fiveelementtao on ttb's)?".

Just as long as we're being all legalistic here, I figure we shouldn't leave any potentially ambiguous pronouns unassigned.

How I read it may not be how it was intended to be conveyed.

(based on my communications with Max, I take this to mean that this includes any and all statements concerning any unverified "opinions" about myself (Mike), Max and any other teacher, including any unverified opinions about the history and sources of any practices of said teachers.)

Now we can all be 100% sure.

I'm afraid not. I know you said that the whole "logic" "tit for tat" game wasn't your deal, but you can't have it both ways. You can't claim to not relate to people in that manner, and then turn around and try to play mister lawyer.

Unless you are willing to provide the specific communications which lead you to your conclusion, it is wholly unreasonable (based on the singular quote you have provided here) to read all that you seem to be trying to read into it.

The quotation you provided says two things:

1) That Scotty does not speak on Max's behalf

2) That you, Mike (knows as fiveelementtao on TTB's) did not take any method from Max

You may take whatever message you want to out of that. You've got the context and everything on your end. But understand that from the other person's perspective, they don't have that context. You might wave this quote around as "100% sure" of something or another, but don't be surprised if you don't convince other people that your quote extends as far as you think/want it to.

This goes back to the comment I left you in the other thread, about taking your own shoes off for a moment, and maybe walking in someone else's (the person you're talking to, a prospective student with less/no experience, etc).

Educated "opinions" are not authorizations to make claims about anything or anyone.

Yes and no (depending on exactly what choice of words you want to use :P this is what happens when you open the pandora's box of legalistic posturing :P)

A well practiced and well educated person is reasonably able to make general observations.

For instance: I have no knowledge of Red Phoenix. From what I understand, it's always been one of those "must be done in person" things. I've never gone to a seminar and gotten the transmission. I have no desire for the transmission. I've got my own thing. I let other people have their own thing.

Now other people, say, for instance, Scotty, do know Red Phoenix. So if they see another practice somewhere, it is perfectly reasonably that they can say "hmm, that looks like Red Phoenix! Interesting. This is what I have done with Red Phoenix, it seems to me like that is what's going on here, though it must be said that I am not doing this practice, but that is what I would put forward."

Maybe I missed something (in which case, it'd be nice to point out where it was that it happened...) but it doesn't seem to me like anyone has gone around making any set in stone claims. They've just put forward what they've seen through the lens of their practice and experience. And they've been pretty upfront about there being room for their being mistaken.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I just got Sifu Matsuo's Kuan Yin Qi Gong and he seems to hint at the Red Phoenix practice but doing it in reverse. His mudra is also switched in the dvd.

Anyone practice this way? Experiences?

I have the DVD, yes, I experienced same.

Can some clear to me is at last part of Kunlun system derived from Yi Gong of Master Jenny Lamb?

Is Guan Yin Magnetic Qi Gong of Master Chris derived from Kunlun system?

Are Pan Gu Shen Gong the same as Guan Yin Magnetic Qi Gong?

I explore depply Shang Qing Pai and its su-branches like Mao Shan Pai,Qing Wei Pai and Yu Qing Pai and never I see or read about Red Phonix or Yi Gong.Can someone explain and support how this methods are part of Shang Qing Pai?

Ormus

What are this other practices?

There is old Kunlun Pai of Master Lu Dong Bin but it dont have such methods.Also there is new Kunlun Pai on Taiwan which is mix of Buddhism and Daoism.

To mention also that Dayan Qi Gong(Wild Goose) is from real Kunlun Pai and it is totaly diferent then what Max or Jenny teach.

Ormus

• Like 1

Wild Goose is different system and on higher levels you have pretty high neigong practice for many gong fu.

Other practices are traveling hands for example which enables your lingshen to go into immortal lands before sleep but you need to be courageous to do that.