now I gotta do some rp2 to bring that down :lol: interesting, though...but no words beyond that at the moment B)

I would very much like to hear a compare and contrast between Red Phoenix and Magnetic Qigong from someone who has studied both.

Trunk mentioned that RP is a part of Magnetic Qigong.

But is it exactly the same or just similar? Does Magnetic Qigong contain RP1 and RP2 or just RP1?

And now, this thread makes me wonder, is it actually the reverse that is taught in Magnetic Qigong, or is it done both ways?

Anyone with experience, please chime in!

I don't think Max has taught "fragments". They are whole practices in themselves, and are traditional. KYMQG is just mixing them together and is not an original practice. Personally, I prefer them separate.

And red phoenix 1 has a different effect than just doing the reverse pathway without the specific mudra, as well as specific creation of a type of energy.

I would very much like to hear a compare and contrast between Red Phoenix and Magnetic Qigong from someone who has studied both.

Trunk mentioned that RP is a part of Magnetic Qigong.

But is it exactly the same or just similar? Does Magnetic Qigong contain RP1 and RP2 or just RP1?

And now, this thread makes me wonder, is it actually the reverse that is taught in Magnetic Qigong, or is it done both ways?

Anyone with experience, please chime in!

I assume that people are referring to the practice where Sifu Matsuo teaches what he calls the "Kwan Yin" mudra ( which is very similar to the Golden Flower mudra in the Shang Ch'ing tradition) where the energy is brought in the same arc but backwards from RP?

According to Max, (I asked him) Magnetic Qigong is from a different tradition that Sifu Matsuo studied. But, yes it is very similar and very powerful stuff. I understand that it is from Sifu Matsuo's Wudang Sifu.

My only reason for chiming in here is to correct any possible assumption that RP, Magnetic Qigong and Celestial Qigong are fragments of the same tradition. They can be compatible practices if done with a teacher's supervision ( which is something I do not say easily) Normally one should not mix traditions but in this case these practices could be integrated if done wisely and sparingly.

RP is a direct teaching from the Shang Ching Tradition. Celestial Qigong is derived from the Shang Ch'ing spirit fighting which is the same general tradition that RP is from but has a slightly different focus and application.

You also see hints of what fiveelementtao teaches in his celestial qi gong in the motions of the hands. It makes sense because they are all based on the same tradition

I assume you are referring to the "Yin Yang" hands. Any similarity is coincidental. Of course energy physics is the same in all traditions so it is likely different traditions will discover similar principles, so I guess they could be found in multiple places.

what we are seeing here is different traditions interpreting universal energy principles.

In terms of combining RP and Magnetic Qigong... Please remember that they are from different traditions so, I strongly urge caution. My suggestion is if people are going to practice both of these that you do so with large breaks of time in between. Magnetic Qigong is very powerful stuff. The energy is being directed in the opposite direction as RP, so it will have a different effect which might not be understood until after a long time of committed practice. trying to practice them both at the same time may result in a confusion of the energy with unknown, possibly dangerous, consequences. I can also share from experience that the power from these kinds of practices are cumulative and combining these kinds of practices ( if done right) will increase energy exponentially and can have disastrous results if combined willy nilly. I also want to caution that RP is extremely powerful and should not be underestimated or experimented with without guidance from a teacher. So, I strongly urge anyone to first talk to Max directly before attempting to mix it with something like magnetic qigong which is powerfully opening the same energy channels.

I myself learned RP after 15 years of Spirit fighting and I am very sparing with RP because the combined power of the two practices is very intense. If I had found RP earlier in my Spirit Fighting training, I probably would not have felt the power as intensely because the Spirit Fighting power increases exponentially over time. So, I am saying that same is true with any of these very powerful inner door practices. Please be careful and respectful with them. We have seen what happens with people who overdo them or do not respect their power...

Anyway, I'm not trying to compete with either Max or Sifu Matsuo, Out of respect for both of them, I want to make sure that I am not mistakenly connected to them where it is not accurate. I have great respect for both of them as elder brothers.

Sorry for the interruption in the thread...

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 7

KYMQG is just mixing them together and is not an original practice.

Do you know this for a fact or are you making supposition? Max and Sifu Matsuo say differently.

You are making an uneducated supposition here, Scotty. I suggest you retract it to avoid spreading disinformation about another Sifu's tradition... If you edit your post and take out your reference to KYMG, I will delete this post.

KWMG IS an original practice from Sifu Matsuo's Wudang tradition. It is different from yours perhaps, but It is NOT simply mixing them together.

You need to be careful when speaking about things you are not sure of.

You are free to prefer one teaching over another but I suggest caution when criticizing another tradition's practices without sufficient knowledge...

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 1

Lucky7Strikes,

Interesting info, thank you for sharing.

One of the first things I noticed when Trunk started promoting Magnetic Qigong was that Sifu Matsuo said it came from Wudang, not Maoshan. Hmmmm...

fiveelementtao,

As always, your considerable experience on these matters is very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

Do you know this for a fact or are you making supposition? Max and Sifu Matsuo say differently.

You are making an uneducated supposition here, Scotty. I suggest you retract it to avoid spreading disinformation about another Sifu's tradition... If you edit your post and take out your reference to KYMG, I will delete this post.

KWMG IS an original practice from Sifu Matsuo's Wudang tradition. It is different from yours perhaps, but It is NOT simply mixing them together.

You need to be careful when speaking about things you are not sure of.

You are free to prefer one teaching over another but I suggest caution when criticizing another tradition's practices without sufficient knowledge...

Well, it's strange how it contains the gold flower mudra in one part, what is essentially an early form of the kunlun method, and a form of red phoenix, all in the same method...too many similarities for me to agree that it's from a separate school, despite Max and whoever else stating that it is. I think that would be close to impossible, especially seeing as how Christopher Matsuo was a student of Max's. What are the odds. Where is another person on the face of this earth who teaches KYMQG, who can verify that it's from Wudang?

So I'm not 100% sure at all, more like 95% sure of my view...so just take this as my opinion, and not as an attempt to spread disinformation. People can decide for themselves what is true regarding this.

Kunlun and KYMQG...they are definitely separate methods which will produce different results. So we agree on that. :)

Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong as taught by Sifu Chris Matsuo.

Wasn't he with Max before? Or I'm mixing him up with someone else?

Edit: nope, I'm not mixing him up :-)

Edited by -K-

I assume that people are referring to the practice where Sifu Matsuo teaches...

Ah, I see. Thank you for the great info. The reason I got the dvd in the first place was because Trunk recommended that it would deepen one's knowledge of the Kunlun practice, especially the RP. I assumed that what Sifu Matsuo shared came from Max and not from his separate Wu Dang master since you see the GF mudra as well as the RP breathing. I didn't know they were from different traditions. My mistake for mixing them up.

Lucky7Strikes,

Interesting info, thank you for sharing.

One of the first things I noticed when Trunk started promoting Magnetic Qigong was that Sifu Matsuo said it came from Wudang, not Maoshan. Hmmmm...

fiveelementtao,

As always, your considerable experience on these matters is very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

I didn't know Sifu Matsuo had a separate Wu Dang master. From my knowledge Max had first learned Qi Gong from a Wu Dang lineage...

It's good that fiveelementtao can clear up these things so we can be more discriminating. So thank you 5ET.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

despite Max and whoever else stating that it is. I think that would be close to impossible, especially seeing as how Christopher Matsuo was a student of Max's.

more like 95% sure of my view..

Kunlun and KYMQG...they are definitely separate methods which will produce different results. So we agree on that. :)

95% sure? So, Max lied to me? Is that what you are saying?

Dude, you really need to check yourself. You admit that you don't know. Your uneducated unresearched opinion is worthless in comparison to the opinion of the two people involved here who are Sifu Matsuo and Max. You THINK you know but you haven't bothered to check with the teachers involved here?

I had the same suspicion as you but I personally asked Max before saying anything publicly.

What you are doing is calling me an idiot, and your teacher and Sifu Matsuo liars...

For you to publicly differ with Max's stated opinion is nothing short of disrespect. And you are clearly doing it to somehow make yourself look superior to Sifu Matsuo. Disgraceful.

If you were my student and you did something like this, I would stop teaching you and I would tell other teachers to not teach you either...

If you want to make progress on your path, Scotty, I strongly suggest you get some serious lessons in humility and pull your head out of your rear end.

I was right to put you on ignore. So back you go.

I find your actions to be extremely offensive to the lineage...

Edited by fiveelementtao

:wacko:

Me having an opinion based on what makes sense to me personally is not disrespectful at all. CHILL.

Hey, don't you know making sense on the Internet is illegal :rolleyes:

From my knowledge Max had first learned Qi Gong from a Wu Dang lineage...

I had also assumed that KYMQ came from Max, seeing as Max had a Wu Dang teacher and no separate Wu Dang teacher is listed on Sifu Chris' website.

• Like 2

According to Max, (I asked him) Magnetic Qigong is from a different tradition that Sifu Matsuo studied. But, yes it is very similar and very powerful stuff. I understand that it is from Sifu Matsuo's Wudang Sifu.

Sifu Matsuo might have learnt it from someone else, but AFAIK Sifu Matsuo's only Wudang teacher is Max (through the lineage of Max's Wudang teacher Wu Xiao Deng)... He has a lot of other teachers, but none from Wudang as I understand it.

List of his teachers here:

http://dragongatesanctuary.com/gallery/lineage/

Note that "Lao Shr Wu Xiao Shr" is Max.

So I'm not 100% sure at all, more like 95% sure of my view...so just take this as my opinion, and not as an attempt to spread disinformation. People can decide for themselves what is true regarding this.

Verbiage like this is not helpful, man. There's fact, fiction, and conjecture - often times a bit of fact sprinkled with conjecture quickly becomes fiction, rumor, and this is how shit starts, students get tossed, lineages become harder to access. I know you better than to say you have delusions of grandeur that you'd somehow be more knowledgeable as compared to some others - I know you mean well, but statements like "here's a bit of fact and a bit of conjecture, now you decide what the truth is" is really...simply put, bad choice of words, bro. Not something you want to stand by. It may seem like a small transgression, but really, if rumors start and bad things happen and consequently less of these things become available to people, that is really some bad karma you participated in and furthered upon yourself.

Even conveying a 95% level of certainty is pretty freakin certain.

Part of awareness is being mindful, even of these "little things." Conjecture on these things is not constructive. I dont want to go crazy beating this horse, but Mike is right here, though some may consider it a tad harsh. No replies to this necessary /\ :)