Audiohealing

Suffering and desire

hey everyone,

a good friend of mine sent me this message asking me for advice. I can't come up with what I would consider a good enough answer so I wanted to get a knowledgeable opinion on this from you guys. I really want to help my friend but I don't want to confuse him any further

"I have question. Two days ago, I could not sleep so turned on the TV. The film just started, called "little buddha" I watched until 5:30am and that film made me think. Meditation to suffer from worldly desires, right? That is why I joined ZEN training several times. I could not suffer so I failed. I can not meditate like you at home, I need to go somewhere so I'll go to India or Thailand and join the meditation journey. I really need to do before moving to Okinawa.

By the way, the question is if I suffered from worldly desires and help animal or people, that mean I fail? Suffering from these above means dont wish, dont desire, dont feel, and no emotional. So if I felt like help or do something for someone, also one of desire.... I think... I know I think too difficult but, cant stop thinking without answer.

The film made me confuse. How do you think?"

Don't get the question and don't get why your friend wants to meditate. I'll go watch the movie, it seems cool so far.

By the way, the question is if I suffered from worldly desires and help animal or people, that mean I fail? Suffering from these above means dont wish, dont desire, dont feel, and no emotional. So if I felt like help or do something for someone, also one of desire.... I think... I know I think too difficult but, cant stop thinking without answer.

No passing, No failing.

Desiring not desiring is not an end to itself.

Emotion is natural, feeling is natural; don't try to throw them away.

No think, no suffering.

Take things slowly, experience everything right now with each breath smile.gif.

You are alive. Just do whatever you can for now.

Be Mindfully Well

The trick, I think, is to see that suffering is the cause of suffering, but also of enlightenment. It is only by suffering that we attain freedom because resistance allows us to grow. In The Vinegar Tasters, the vinegar tasted sweet to the Taoist, I think, for this reason..

Observe the dung beetle: It takes the SHIT of life for new life to be born.. We must roll up the SHIT to create new life.. So, Buddha said, "life is suffering." No shit, no life.

For me personally in the past and present Self Reflection has been a very powerful tool. By self reflection i mean asking yourself questions.

1. Why do i feel this way?

2. Why do i feel the need to go to India?

3. What do i expect will happen when i get there?

etc....

-We have many of the answers we need it simply requires a person to be honest enough with them-self and ask the questions.

-My 2 cents, peace

Desiring not to desire is desiring. Joining meditation journey to India or Thailand is desiring. Can not desiring come from desiring not desiring? Is an emotionless state where you pass others by with no feeling of compassion desirable? Always you make choices, what would you base a choice on that is not in some way desire?