starhawk

Energy protection and Spiritual warfare

Hi Bums

So, today I was meditating and I saw an evil monkey sitting on my floor :o. Then I looked into the abyss and the abyss looked back at me :). No, I didn't see the cartoon Family guy recently at all :)

Anyways, I was reading the thread on Energy Healing and Self-protection from about three years ago.

Is the link to this page on Spiritual Warfare still around? There's a loose thread that has a 404 error. Can I ask a mod to look for it?

http://www.thetaobums.com/Another-One-On-Magical-Spiritual-Warfare-t7127.html

On the other hand, we could start a new thread on this stuff. Care to share any public opinions?

Who needs ghosts and illusions these days :)? Oh wait, its Halloween season in the USA :)

As far as i can recall, the "technique" is to not pay any attention to the monkey.

If it's scary then those light-based meditations help.

If you cut off a "manifestation's" "supply" it'll go away (or elsewhere).

There are a few different schools that treat the "what is" of the manifestation differently. And they also treat "reality" differently. Depending on that, they have different ways of dealing with this sort of thing. I don't know if you have to adopt a school's view on reality in order for their stuff to work.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons I don't watch scary movies anymore:-)

Or dabble in Obe or third eye things. I'm guessing if those are forthcoming and necessary then they'll come.

Also good reminder that meditation has some, er, interesting stuff going on.

What type of meditation were you doing? See Hundun's opinion on "crown" stuff in the Jenny Lamb thread.

• Like 1

Is the link to this page on Spiritual Warfare still around? There's a loose thread that has a 404 error. Can I ask a mod to look for it?

Here is a better link:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/7127-another-one-on-magicalspiritual-warfare/

I am increasingly convinced that I am attacked on a regular basis, possibly every night, and that there are negative forces in my house.

The only color of energy I have ever seen is black. And it's stuff around my house. Sometimes I'll see black stuff out of the corner of my eye, just hanging out. Once I saw it dead on though: I was minding my own business and a ball of black energy just came out of nowhere and flew right into my heart. WTF? Well, it's always possible that it is an eye issue.

Often, when I am having trouble sleeping and so am awake lying in my bed late at night, I well feel negative forces pressing on me, like it is trying to get inside me, usually around my heart area. I don't always feel it as a being, just a force. But I have occasionally felt a being behind it.

I have banished stuff before, but I don't know how to keep it away. I think it would go a long way if I could just keep my vibration consistently raised, and I am working on this, but that's not easy to do when you are bombarded by negative forces on a regular basis.

Edited by Creation

Here is a better link:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/7127-another-one-on-magicalspiritual-warfare/

I am increasingly convinced that I am attacked on a regular basis, possibly every night, and that there are negative forces in my house.

The only color of energy I have ever seen is black. And it's stuff around my house. Sometimes I'll see black stuff out of the corner of my eye, just hanging out. Once I saw it dead on though: I was minding my own business and a ball of black energy just came out of nowhere and flew right into my heart. WTF? Well, it's always possible that it is an eye issue.

Often, when I am having trouble sleeping and so am awake lying in my bed late at night, I well feel negative forces pressing on me, like it is trying to get inside me, usually around my heart area. I don't always feel it as a being, just a force. But I have occasionally felt a being behind it.

I have banished stuff before, but I don't know how to keep it away. I think it would go a long way if I could just keep my vibration consistently raised, and I am working on this, but that's not easy to do when you are bombarded by negative forces on a regular basis.

I just sort of forget about such things. Let it all wash through. I've found fear-reduction to be more useful than identifying any of these things. IME if you harden your boundaries against (or for, for that matter) then what's generated is more "potent" both ways. I also like sitting in a cloud:-)

Anyway, worrying about all that just keeps my attention off what i'm supposed to be doing. I do like sage :-)

• Like 2

Creation. Check some Kundalini sites re: heart stuff.

"sleep paralysis" is a pretty common experience, as are "hypnogogic" visions.

If i stay aware, i can sometimes get dream images and waking reality to overlap. It's also possible that meditation does this. I'm sure one could "accidentally" set it off.

I also prefer to see most "stuff" as self-emanating, although I'm aware that there's more to it than that:-)

Do you know why the attacks are near effectiv on you?

Do this happen to other in the house?

Thanks K. You're right, from what I heard, these things happen eventually to meditating folk... its also mentioned in school's texts and sacred texts as well.

Yes, those who are sensitive may detect odd things like these manifestations all the time.

Attacks may occur because your environment, or your vibrational energy, as friend suggests. You should do space clearing too.

I did a mediation just sitting, after waking up. I ask the universe to assist me to purify my energy upon waking up. I just happened it see it like that (perhaps in a semi-dream state) hypogogic state even (since I had just woken up).

The negative may be caused by kidney energy weakness too, is my thoughts. That is because kidney is black and corresponds to fear in 5 element theory. I am no expert though.

I also have tinnitus, and sometimes the ringing flares up suddenly. Sometimes it corresponds with feelings of fear. Then I use some Tao techniques I know to drive away some bad energy, and the ringing stops.

The easiest way is to envision golden light. What do you guys use for shielding/protection?

Thanks for the link! My thoughts are Vibrations can only be maintained at a high level with intentionality, (unless you are sufficiently advanced?). Anyways, if you drop it for even a bit, you could be vulnerable, methinks.

I think if you focus on your guru, if he's given you permission, you can overcome the manifestations with light energy. If you are a Buddhist, as your picture seems to indicate, you can request a lama to assist for exorcism if you believe it comes to that, I'm pretty sure. What do you currently do right now?

BTW, K- about horror movies- yes, they mess up your psyche, which in turn messes up your energy/mindfulness. It might attract bad things because of your mental state, who knows?

Is there something to purify after watching bad things, so it doesn't cause trouble in your life? What do you guys do?

In my case when I was a beginner I just punched any ghost I've seen :lol:

Now I'm powerful enough to control all the space around me so I don't even think about that sort of stuff

Do you know why the attacks are near effectiv on you?

No, but I will say that I have some major darkness in my soul....

Do this happen to other in the house?

I don' think so, but I have only noticed it since I have become more sensitive to energy, so I wonder if they would know if it happened to them. I wonder if it happens to me every night when I am sleeping, but I only happen to notice it the times when I am awake in the night, seeing as I often go to sleep feeling positive and and wake up feeling quite negative.

I think if you focus on your guru, if he's given you permission, you can overcome the manifestations with light energy.

Yes, but your remarks about maintianing intentionality apply here.

Thanks for the link! My thoughts are Vibrations can only be maintained at a high level with intentionality, (unless you are sufficiently advanced?). Anyways, if you drop it for even a bit, you could be vulnerable, methinks.

I think if you focus on your guru, if he's given you permission, you can overcome the manifestations with light energy. If you are a Buddhist, as your picture seems to indicate, you can request a lama to assist for exorcism if you believe it comes to that, I'm pretty sure. What do you currently do right now?

BTW, K- about horror movies- yes, they mess up your psyche, which in turn messes up your energy/mindfulness. It might attract bad things because of your mental state, who knows?

Is there something to purify after watching bad things, so it doesn't cause trouble in your life? What do you guys do?

Don't watch them. The un-conscious apparently can't tell the difference between 'real' 'out there' awful stuff and what's 'just' awful stuff on a screen. I just ended up being unable to watch anything especially nasty and meditate on a regular basis because the former clogs up the space. Besides, there's already enough 'stuff' in there that will come up in meditation IME.

I mean there's 'nasty' as in 'this is actually happening somewhere in the world and I find it distasteful' and 'made up for kicks nasty' which seems to have a very specific 'thing' about it. There's a big horror movie trend towards fast shape-shifting stuff I think. You know, sweet grandma shifts in a split-second into a vampire:-) Sometimes I get caught out with movie trailers and cover my eyes too late. Then I get annoyed. But if you keep enough emptiness you can figure out where 'stuff' comes from. I have no idea what it 'attracts'. I don't adhere to that school :-)

• Like 2

So, today I was meditating and I saw an evil monkey sitting on my floor :o. Then I looked into the abyss and the abyss looked back at me :). No, I didn't see the cartoon Family guy recently at all :)

On the other hand, we could start a new thread on this stuff. Care to share any public opinions?

I got an image of dark storm clouds hanging overhead like a "roof" with a pipeline coming down the middle. There seemed to be a dude in heavy armor plates and a helmet (almost like a robot suit) there and a kraken giant squid below in some blue-green water. They seemed to be opposed in battle against each other.

The "problem" was that this "water spout" seemed to connect the 2 and feed this conflict. Whereas if this pipeline was cut, they would stop feeding each other and return to calm in their respective places.

For Creation, I saw him as a guy just stepping out of a small cave that had been blocked by a stone out into the bright sunlight. This was a bit blinding at first and all sorts of bugs scurried out too..

Well before, he was so surrounded by the dark that he never noticed it too specifically (like a fish in water). He is actually only "noticing" the dark moreso now because he has been exposed to light. And this will take some time to adjust to it..

In my years of Buddhist practice, and coming from the Far East, where black magic etc are very common, i can say with confidence that the best protection one can generate for oneself is the cultivation of loving-kindness. There is no greater shield from evil than the diamond shield of Compassion. According to one of my main teachers, most malevolent spirits disturb humans as a sign of crying out for help to ease their torment, hence, a good practice is to try and help bring relief by praying sincerely that these spirits be free from suffering.

Should one find difficulty in harnessing the power of Compassion, a viable alternative in the event of any attacks by dark entities is to pray and request protection from the Four Heavenly Kings. http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/shitenno.shtml

They are known to respond immediately to whomsoever prays to them with a sincere heart, and unlike some other protectors, they do not expect any favors in return. Do exercise caution when picking your personal protector cos some may end up as your puppet-master.

Also, there may be some folks, out of desperation, make pledges to deities and/or protectors and forget about them after the problem is sorted... this is definitely not the best practice -- once a pledge has been offered in exchange for blessings, help etc make sure the pledge is kept.

Remember - Protectors and Deities of Light work in mysterious ways, on their terms, and in places where you normally would have no access to, so dont dismiss them (especially if you have made pledges) with impatience just because your expectations are not met in ways that you think that they should. And trust me.... the moment you pray sincerely, they will appear, so please always remain humble when you are seeking for intercession.

Amulets/pendants/relics which have been blessed by authentic masters or siddhas are also very potent as 'shields' from negative and/or malevolent energies and spirits.

In cases of constant harassment best way to ease the situation would be to seek the help of authentic exorcists. Not all practitioners have the merit to cultivate necessary powers to ward off paranormal disturbances on their own, especially those who dabble in too many 'paths', so for such individuals, outside assistance may be the best and only option.

Last but not least, take note of Friend's helpful pointers! :)

Edited by C T
  • Like 4

I got an image of dark storm clouds hanging overhead like a "roof" with a pipeline coming down the middle. There seemed to be a dude in heavy armor plates and a helmet (almost like a robot suit) there and a kraken giant squid below in some blue-green water. They seemed to be opposed in battle against each other.

The "problem" was that this "water spout" seemed to connect the 2 and feed this conflict. Whereas if this pipeline was cut, they would stop feeding each other and return to calm in their respective places.

For Creation, I saw him as a guy just stepping out of a small cave that had been blocked by a stone out into the bright sunlight. This was a bit blinding at first and all sorts of bugs scurried out too..

Well before, he was so surrounded by the dark that he never noticed it too specifically (like a fish in water). He is actually only "noticing" the dark moreso now because he has been exposed to light. And this will take some time to adjust to it..

i just want to say that i think your visionary additions to the forums are completely great! Thank you for being open about your mind!

In my years of Buddhist practice, and coming from the Far East, where black magic etc are very common, i can say with confidence that the best protection one can generate for oneself is the cultivation of loving-kindness. There is no greater shield from evil than the diamond shield of Compassion. According to one of my main teachers, most malevolent spirits disturb humans as a sign of crying out for help to ease their torment, hence, a good practice is to try and help bring relief by praying sincerely that these spirits be free from suffering.

Should one find difficulty in harnessing the power of Compassion, a viable alternative in the event of any attacks by dark entities is to pray and request protection from the Four Heavenly Kings. http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/shitenno.shtml

They are known to respond immediately to whomsoever prays to them with a sincere heart, and unlike some other protectors, they do not expect any favors in return. Do exercise caution when picking your personal protector cos some may end up as your puppet-master.

Also, there may be some folks, out of desperation, make pledges to deities and/or protectors and forget about them after the problem is sorted... this is definitely not the best practice -- once a pledge has been offered in exchange for blessings, help etc make sure the pledge is kept.

Remember - Protectors and Deities of Light work in mysterious ways, on their terms, and in places where you normally would have no access to, so dont dismiss them (especially if you have made pledges) with impatience just because your expectations are not met in ways that you think that they should. And trust me.... the moment you pray sincerely, they will appear, so please always remain humble when you are seeking for intercession.

Amulets/pendants/relics which have been blessed by authentic masters or siddhas are also very potent as 'shields' from negative and/or malevolent energies and spirits.

In cases of constant harassment best way to ease the situation would be to seek the help of authentic exorcists. Not all practitioners have the merit to cultivate necessary powers to ward off paranormal disturbances on their own, especially those who dabble in too many 'paths', so for such individuals, outside assistance may be the best and only option.

Last but not least, take note of Friend's helpful pointers! :)

Interesting Mr Cow. Could you please expand upon 'dabbling' and how this would bring insufficient power to any given practitioner? Are you saying that only by following a specific lineage can such power be gained? Otherwise, is the practitioner just 'cat-food'? Are you saying that a human person, all by themselves wouldn't be able to muster the mustard? I'll hold on my personal opinion on that one (but I bet you can a) guess what it is and B) guess why it is :-))

Hey C T.

This brings up some interesting things for me.

At one point in my practice, I was intensely conscious of the sufferings of demonic entities, and I felt great compassion for the misfortunate forms of ghosts, demons and hell beings.

In this state, I came across some demonic activity. I gathered up all my good will and intention to help ease the sufferings of others and projected it to the situation.

The demonic forces took note of me, and I soon began to feel overwhelmed by their power. A very powerful being showed up and saved me from getting devoured, but not before they had "traced" me. That night, I woke up around 3 in the morning with a feeling of terror and a pressure on my heart. This time I felt definitively that there was an external being in my room presiding over this attack. Since trying to be compassionate got me into that situation, I took more of a warrior stance, and I was able to banish it and set up shields, but for several nights afterward I would feel the pressure on my chest come about 11 at night, and had to re-banish and set up the shields.

No good deed goes unpunished, right?

Now I try to cultivate loving kindness within myself, but I will only extend it to "entities" already attached to my energy field, "Feeding Your Demons" style.

After all, there is still quite a lot of hatred, anger, etc. in my system, that probably give demons a pretty easy "in", however compassionate some other parts of me may be. Like the Biblical metaphor of iron mixed with clay.

That actually makes it quite hard for me to cultivate loving-kindness. It can be very hard lock onto this feeling, because it is often so obscured by afflictive emotions, and attempting to find it and cultivate it brings up the whole issue of what am I, what is intention, who is "doing"? Do you have any advice to share on this matter?

Edited by Creation

Friend,

Thank you for the very thorough advice.

If you are a Buddhist, as your picture seems to indicate, you can request a lama to assist for exorcism if you believe it comes to that, I'm pretty sure.

I really wouldn't know where to look for an authentic exorcist. The picture and mantra in my signature are because of the intense connection and devotion to Guru Rinpoche and his consorts that I feel, rather than a formal religious affiliation.

Edited by Creation

Black tourmaline will keep your home clean. You can buy this stone in eBay, many suppliers from Thailand and China. If you decide to buy the stone look for an unheated one (natural) with striations on it:

39249155.jpg

It is a very powerful mineral with pyroelectric and piezoelectric effects which will suck up any negativity or disharmony that it encounters from its surroundings and at the same time will transmute or convert the negative energy into a positive one.

Edited by Gerard

Black tourmaline will keep your home clean. You can buy this stone in eBay, many suppliers from Thailand and China.

It is a very powerful mineral with pyroelectric and piezoelectric effects which will suck up any negativity or disharmony that it encounters from its surroundings and at the same time will transmute or convert the negative energy into a positive one.

AWESOME!

That actually makes it quite hard for me to cultivate loving-kindness. It can be very hard lock onto this feeling, because it is often so obscured by afflictive emotions, and attempting to find it and cultivate it brings up the whole issue of what am I, what is intention, who is "doing"? Do you have any advice to share on this matter?

Hello Creation,

Joining in converstaion..

I have had a period of intense closeness due to me getting emotionally hurt in childhood etc.At that time I COULD NOT cultivate loving-kindness, it actually repelled me as the world seemed a very cruel place.

What helped me is learning to wait and stay with whatever is happening. Practising tolerance and adapting and always just kept daily doing my practise.

Acknowledging that life is play of light and darkness and realising the craving for light and happines which is imbalance in itsself. What seemed a thick wall that could neither be broken ,climbed or flight over has dissapered, dissolved little by little whilst I was waiting and watching the life being life. When I started to be OK with waiting seriously and deeply without care for the outcomes the wall started to crumble.

This was to point that there are other ways and everyone can find one best suited for themselves.

Demons. A friend had a book called The Sky Dancer about Lady Yeshe Tsogyal and I read bits of it. The part I have read about 15 years ago stuck in my head so deeply and served me as first aid wisdom in many situations. It was how in her practises she is letting all the demons through her, she doesent fight them. I thought how can she do like this? This is crazy? This pondering led me to some deeper understandings within.

My life is not for me , it is for sharing.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Black tourmaline will keep your home clean. You can buy this stone in eBay, many suppliers from Thailand and China. If you decide to buy the stone look for an unheated one (natural) with striations on it:

yes thats true.

The last person i read about who used BT was interesting. She made a lattice of it and put it over her shop door on the inside, to keep out negative people. Nobody at all came into her shop that day, not one person.

2-part article related to this topic that some might find helpful:

http://accessnewage.com/articles/HEALTH/psyack1.htm

http://accessnewage.com/articles/HEALTH/psyack2.htm

Some interesting points and questions have been raised. Kinda busy at the mo, so will try to be back later and get deeper into the discussion.

@Sun.... thanks for sharing your experiences. I can certainly relate to them. :)

Blessings all!