Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Please remove me as a moderator

With recent occurrences on the Tao Bums website and my inability to accept that the treatment of all party's involved was fair, I think the only course of action I can honestly take in response to this is to step down as moderator of the Tao Teh Ching subforum. I feel that continuing to be a moderator, even a subforum moderator when I have serious issues with the treatment of people on this forum, including what I see as bias, would be hypocritical. So as of this time, I request that you remove me from the position.

Thank you,

Aaron

• Like 1

Can I be a mod instead? jk ^_^

No! You are too frisky. Hehehe.

Actually, I think we don't even need a moderator for the TTC sub-forum anymore. Everyone seems to be behaving relatively civilized. More or less, that is. Hehehe.

• Like 1

Aaron,

I think you will need to PM Sean as he is the only one who can set up or delete the permissions for modding.

I say stick with it. It's good to have more people with conviction and integrity in positions of power...giving up your power doesn't solve anything.

This was also the problem with Stig dropping out as a mod here.

• Like 4

No! You are too frisky. Hehehe.

Actually, I think we don't even need a moderator for the TTC sub-forum anymore. Everyone seems to be behaving relatively civilized. More or less, that is. Hehehe.

Sinfest could be court-jester and point out everyone's shortcomings...

Everyone has a role in the Taoist forum IMO. The buddhists would concur, if they bothered to make any sense of DO, that is :-)

---opinion alert---

Aaron, I haven't noticed you modding anything. Why step down? I guess if it takes up too much time and you have to focus on meat-space things, sure. But I wouldn't invest oneself with too much perfect authority either. I reckon you're trying too hard before you have to.

Edit: a misplaced apostrophe :lol:;)

Edited by -K-

Great thinking!!! I'm not that much of a visionary.

I actually like Sinfest doing his thing; plus it will distract him from having too much tea.

@Aaron

I joined the TTC discussion a bit later, haven't have a chance to know you properly.

I guess I wasn't here when the problem occurred and don't know too much about it.

But I don't know whether you doing this will address the real problem.

Anyway, hope things are treating you well.

Edited by XieJia

Well Marblehead's right there's no need for a moderator for the subforum really. In reality I had to depend on Apech to help me figure out how to moderate in the first place and I can count the number of things I actually had to moderate on one hand in nearly 11 months. I really don't need a title or power to moderate properly, sometimes a reminder of what the right action is or simply doing what's right is enough.

Aaron

Edit- Also the actions that led up to my decision is also part of the reason why I don't think I should continue to be a moderator. I let my own personal feelings about someone else effect how I interacted with them and in the end I directly insulted that person. Whether or not I believed they had it coming doesn't matter in the end, but rather whether or not I was practicing the policies I was supposed to uphold as a moderator. Since I wasn't I couldn't in good conscience continue to be a moderator.

Edited by Twinner

Knowing the right thing is never enough. There is a visible world and invisible world. As always, the actions in the visible world will have consequences in the invisible world. The right action could be the wrong because of the unseen. Having a set understanding of something will create resistance and the said understanding will be made wrong by the opposition.

Before something important is done, it should be looked at from different angles and settings. Be the smartest person looking down on the dumb spam, be a dumb person looking up at the moderator, be a member of the forum, be a visitor who saw the forum for the first time.

Now, what was that with the more pie guy and the 100$ thing, what could be done. Doesn't matter if you're not a mod there, we're smart let's look around and think.

so can I be a mod now? :lol:

• Like 1

I really don't need a title or power to moderate properly, sometimes a reminder of what the right action is or simply doing what's right is enough.

Aaron

Edit- Also the actions that led up to my decision is also part of the reason why I don't think I should continue to be a moderator. I let my own personal feelings about someone else effect how I interacted with them and in the end I directly insulted that person.

It's natural, we are humans after all.

Marblehead is actually doing a very good job in his way. And I think everyone in the TTC forum is very friendly.

I would tend to agree with Scotty though. There's really no need for you to step down or give up your moderating; maybe you can give up the giving up. Either way, All the best smile.gif. We are finishing TTC anyway, I think it will be nice if you and Marble could say something to wrap up the TTC studies. Although we will find ourself referring to TTC again and again in the future.

Before something important is done, it should be looked at from different angles and settings. Be the smartest person looking down on the dumb spam, be a dumb person looking up at the moderator, be a member of the forum, be a visitor who saw the forum for the first time.

Lets jump right in and don't look too much tongue.gif.

I do actually would like to see Sinfest and his comments, if not I'll wait for his personal practice thingy.

All Good.

Edited by XieJia

Hehehe. In a way you are too much like I am. We wouldn't make good moderators. We need to remain free so we can say what needs be said.

Hey Aaron,

While I'm not really sure what exact issues are involved here..... I do want to say that I've really appreciated the effort you put into the TTC forum. Thank you _/\_

I could try to teach how to remove a mod from a forum (It's just like a personal practice section mod, not like concierge which is a different group) But since I haven't been able to work out how to teach making a personal practice section... you might have some time to reconsider your decision.

Just remember, nothing ever works out perfectly ;) and the responsibility of what TTB is, and how people interact here, is shared by everyone who participates.

• Like 1

It's natural, we are humans after all.

Hehehe. In a way you are too much like I am. We wouldn't make good moderators. We need to remain free so we can say what needs be said.

Knowing the right thing is never enough. There is a visible world and invisible world. As always, the actions in the visible world will have consequences in the invisible world. The right action could be the wrong because of the unseen. Having a set understanding of something will create resistance and the said understanding will be made wrong by the opposition.

Thats a good piece of writing. I say make Sinfest the moderator of TTC. We'll see if such absolute power corrupts him B)

Consult the TTC

You want answers?

I think I'm entitled to.

*You want answers?*

*I want the truth!*

*You can't handle the truth!*

• Like 2

Hey, I've been a mod 4 times now but I can't put my experiences from anime sites on a resume, can I? :rolleyes:

Wait a sec, are you the poster who said Bugs Bunny was a better series then Avatar, the last Airbender?? If so I remove my recommendation :P

Edited by thelerner

Wait a sec, are you the poster who said Bugs Bunny was a better series then Avatar, the last Airbender?? If so I remove my recommendation :P

Wasn't me :lol: :lol: :lol: