Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Ufc 63

I like when the commentator said:"This is the best BJ we've seen in a long time"

Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn

Not to start an argument, but the thumb in the eye during the first round should be a realistic example how a controlled fight with rules is not the proof a certain MA is better then the others.

Good fight. Looks like BJ needs to train harder. Matt Hughes is an animal. Fun to watch all around.

My BJJ instructor has actually been in Hawaii most of this month working with BJ. So I was rooting for BJ this time. Good fight.

LOL, that is too funny! Actually I think Sonnon is too scared to eat spinach. Maybe if he watched his fear reactivity video he'd get over it.

Hi 8trigrammer,

Welcome to the taobums. :)

Scott put out a lot of good information. Also some stuff that is pretty useless or unnecessary or unrealistic.

Like just searching for videos on youtube you can find this:

EjwkTzgf8zc

Stuff like this is a fantasy. Here is what normally happens when someone knows how to use a knife:

ibGyGG3X4PI

He should train with Shocknife and you will see how all the fancy BS moves will go away.

If you search "Scott Sonnon" on this forum you will find a history of "why"

Take care, max

Edited by Smile

Yeah, let me tell you, no matter if the topic is working out, making money, getting bitches, fighting, spirituality... there are secrets out there and the secrets and the truth are held back to gain money and power.

What annoys me about Scott Sonnon is the sheer AMOUNT of garbage he produces. His whole system is really 6 degrees of freedom, which he repackaged from the Russians. All Russian combat and rehab peeps know this stuff. Just like Matt Furey repackaged the Indian wrestler training from Karl Gotch.

Of course there is nothing wrong with repackaging because EVERYTHING is repackaged. :) That is life. Problem is if you want to make money you have to constantly produce crap. It is a sort of hell, really--except for the $$$ coming in. Scott Sonnon also keeps everyone under his spell by fiercly moderating his forum. Unless you are kissing his ass, you are thrown out. You always have to remain an idiot, or you become a threat and you are thrown out.

It is the same thing in the bodybuilding world. 99% of what you read about muscle building is a total lie. Everyone is trying to make the $$$ so they keep you in the dark and sell you fake solutions. Once I figured it out, I went from 170 lbs. to 200 lbs. of muscle in a few months, and I will go to 220-230 within the next few months. I don't eat much and I work out only 2 days a week. I get stronger, too.

So I could tell you everything in a 1-page report. How do I sell that? Even if I make a $297 DVD course, then what? So here is the problem. Of course, I am not interested in entering the market I am just giving an example.

Edited by SheepishLord

Yeah, let me tell you, no matter if the topic is working out, making money, getting bitches, fighting, spirituality... there are secrets out there and the secrets and the truth are held back to gain money and power.

Excuse me - this is not a men's locker room. Could you show a little respect for the female members?

Once I figured it out, I went from 170 lbs. to 200 lbs. of muscle in a few months, and I will go to 220-230 within the next few months. I don't eat much and I work out only 2 days a week. I get stronger, too.

So I could tell you everything in a 1-page report.

Would you mind sharing that? Or maybe just point me in the right direction.. It would be much appreciated.

I see your point about the knife thing but:

They clearly were not going at full speed in the Sonnon clip, whereas they were in the other so I don't think it's a fair comparison. As I understand it, training at slower speeds is a way to program more sophisticated movements/reactions/techniques into your body.

In the second knife clip, the guy with the jacket pretty much froze up or "shunted" - no techniques, no nothing - just got pummeled. So again, it's hard to compare being that we don't know what the skill levels of the 2 fighters are. The only way to really judge would be to put Sonnon up against the knife attacker in the second clip at full speed.

I'm not pro Sonnon, in fact I could care less. If anything I'm more in to B.K. Frantzis' stuff. But to me, these clips don't convince me that Sonnon "sucks" or whatever.

I did a search on Scott Sonnon on here and came up with 3 pages worth of threads. I don't have hours to sift through the threads and find the Sonnon related topics, I was hoping you could just summarize the jist of why Sonnon get's bashed (other than what you already posted, which I did appreciate by the way - I'm just trying to sort everything out..).

Edited by 8trigrammer

Sign in to follow this