Protector

Most important question

My favorite koan riddle question thing

It is said that if you can answer this question, you can reach enlightenment!!!

Where are you?

:lol:

Where is your here? Your house? Your room? Maybe your body?

Where in your body? Your hand? Are you your hand? Maybe collection of impulses in your head and your nervous system is where your are? Can I cut open your body and pull your out? Everyone has nerves blood and bones but that can't be where you are. You are not your body. Where are you? Such a simple question, how do you answer it?

laugh.gif

Where in your body? Your hand? Are you your hand? Maybe collection of impulses in your head and your nervous system is where your are? Can I cut open your body and pull your out? Everyone has nerves blood and bones but that can't be where you are. You are not your body. Where are you? Such a simple question, how do you answer it?

"Here" is everywhere that I am. I am everywhere that is "here"; "I" am everywhere that is here.

Another response to "I am here" is "what are you?"...

I keep looking and you are not here, so you are nowhere. But you insist that you are here and wherever here is, you are. You cannot be nowhere that way. So you are not here.

I am infront of my computer.

waiting for it...

rats still not enlightened.

maybe if I go infront of a mirror?!?

Again, hinging on the "what is you/am I?"

From the spirit, "I" simply "am".

From the physical, I am the body that is "here" wherever my body may be at that time. "My" "here" Will always and forever differ from any other "here", while the spirit is inseperable and (everyw)here.

To reiterate:

'where are you?'

I am.

• Like 1

You are indeed you but the question doesn't really have an answer.

When you ask yourself where you are, you notice attachment to something like your room or your body and realize that you are not in the mirror ;)

:lol: What would The Bhood say? :lol:

That enigmatic nod and smile, no doubt :lol:

Then he would put on his sunglasses and

No.

Am i a zen master yet? can i have my robe and bowl yet? i'll look so cool!

:lol:

Yes please it's very gooey in here. Thanks.

You are indeed you but the question doesn't really have an answer.

When you ask yourself where you are, you notice attachment to something like your room or your body and realize that you are not in the mirror ;)

There is an answer. In order to 'know' the answer you have to meditate - focus - ask yourself - 24/7

The unspoken cannot be spoken

LaoTze's famous paradox.

"We are here but not here."

Sometimes we are "wu" and "you".

When we are online, then we are here.

When we're not online, then we are not here.

hm...It's so obvious, why am I here saying this...??? B)

Again, hinging on the "what is you/am I?"

From the spirit, "I" simply "am".

From the physical, I am the body that is "here" wherever my body may be at that time. "My" "here" Will always and forever differ from any other "here", while the spirit is inseperable and (everyw)here.

To reiterate:

'where are you?'

Still here infront of computer. I left, did stuff, now I'm back infront of my computer.

Keep it simple man, too much philosophy and you walk into walls.

• Like 1

Oh now, this has just gotten all weird in the space of about 10 minutes (approximately).

Anyways, gooey philosophy is IMO/IME like the underside of an overripe mushroom. Makes you sick if you eat it. Besides, isn't 'philosophy' some kind of way of living? If it's just a way of thinking and doesn't translate into anything (like action) what's the point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9LdAcnNF8

Hmm. Do you believe that? You might be, but, as someone on here once mentioned, what if all the answers to all questions have already been answered? If they have been, then it's just a question of finding them (again) IMO/IME. If they haven't been, well, that's much more interesting and worth pursuing. Just don't let anyone answer them for you :-)