Protector

Smarty smarts

With these titles I should be a writer.

So, do you guys know any places where I can talk to smart people?

Before you start shouting, let me explain. I'm not saying you guys are dumb or anything, I just want to get a feeling from other people like I'm the dumb one. I have this idea that if you hang out with smart people, you get their ideas habits and become as awesome as they are. It's like learning how to study when you hang out with nerds all the time.

Through history, some of the smarty pants used to know each other and hang out. Like Mark Twain with Nicola Tesla and such. There were even clubs for such people and they just found each other by naturally being awesome at what they do. There are even secret ways to get into their clubs, you can't just walk up to someone like, "Suh, how do I be as awesome as you are?"

"Spitsine mah shoez, boi"

Could try joining Mensa or Vidocq Society... hmm

Hey guys, how do you join illuminati? :lol: :lol: :lol:

With these titles I should be a writer.

Hmmnnn, couple places...not sure they'd let you in though...

Seriously check out meetup.com . There may have a local 'smart' group you can either connect with or create :)

Before you start shouting, let me explain. I'm not saying you guys are dumb or anything, I just want to get a feeling from other people like I'm the dumb one.

I think your posts are super dumb!

• Like 2

Eat your vegetables. tongue.gif

And talk to people's heart rather than yourself in them.

Even the most insignificance things, it shows what's on their mind and in their heart.

As for my case, I am a person that don't know a thing and talk too much.

I just want to get a feeling from other people like I'm the dumb one.

Join a math or engineering club.

Or join a club where all they speak is ancient Greek, and they sit around reading original copies of The Odyssey and talk about it.

A lot of easy ways to just feel dumber than somebody. Just go to a place where there will be people who know stuff you don't know.

Like Mark Twain with Nicola Tesla and such.

This kind of thing is very different. I doubt Telsa hung around any engineering clubs (after he realized his ideas were lightyears ahead of everybody else!) and I doubt Mark Twain hung around any artsy types (because any self aware writer knows that there are a shit ton of writers who are pretentious assholes).

You have to go somewhere that realizes that even though people may FACTUALLY know different things, they all see the same thing. I'm willing to bet that even though Telsa was probably a better engineer than Twain, and even though Twain was probably a better writer than Telsa, that when each of them talked about their work, they both were looking at the same world and reflecting the same thing in their work. But that's just me. Maybe Twain's eyes glazed over as soon as Telsa started talking :P But somehow I doubt that...

... they just found each other by naturally being awesome at what they do.

So maybe you should start being awesome at something.... :mellow:

There are even secret ways to get into their clubs, you can't just walk up to someone like, "Suh, how do I be as awesome as you are?"

For stuff like this, I'd say that if you weren't born into it or inheriting a position, then someone would have to contact you.

Basically, you get asked (told?) to join. You don't ask to join. You don't find them, they'll find you.

Start being awesome at something. Very awesome at something. As in, "not of this natural world" awesome at something. And do so publicly. I'm sure they'll find you.

[edit] Reflecting on this post.... it seems the takeaway is this: if you have to even ask this question, you're already doing something wrong.....

Meeting "awesome" people comes about naturally as you follow your own natural path to whatever it is you are doing. People don't do what they do because they are awesome, people are awesome because they do what they do. If you're trying to be awesome for the sake of being awesome... then guess what? You're not being awesome.

So instead of trying to be awesome, just do what you do.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Everywhere. People are smart in different ways.

I sat with two old guys talking about the right way to build a basement the other day, could barely follow their conversation, but it was interesting and if I buy or build a house I'll have some idea how it should be now.

I sat with two old guys talking about the right way to build a basement the other day, could barely follow their conversation

Ain't nothing like talking to two handy old guys.

Seriously, they know a bunch of shit about life.

When you intimately know the details of how to build things from the bottom up, to literally make something out of nothing and a whole bunch of disparate scraps of wood and metal and concrete... well damn. Ain't that alchemy if I ever heard it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

Easy. You commit certain acts and undergo certain rites which remove some of your basic human functions (such as the ability to feel normal human feelings, and according to some authors, also your ability to reincarnate) in exchange for the ability to possess other live bodies, either by displacing their souls (with abuse, molestation, mind control, etc.), or by using transhumanist technologies that replace organic human emotions with inorganic transhuman functions, among them artificial intelligence. This latter can theoretically be quite high, but unfortunately, the host's ability to derive enjoyment from acquiring it is drastically curtailed, "enjoyment" being a function of emotions and feelings rather than of intelligence (with the exception of emotional intelligence, which however cannot be replicated by artificial means.) The ability to feel anything at all either disappears or becomes fully dependent on adrenochrome, the strongest emotion-inducing substance in existence. Adrenochrome is released by the human organism under circumstances of extreme pain, suffering, and terror, and counteracts them with feelings of profound well-being, safety, love. etc.. This is a protective mechanism of the last resort, so metabolically taxing on the body and the mind (since it has to override multiple signals of extreme distress, the actual current reality of the organism, with its own soothing messages) that it kicks in only in dire emergency. Thus it takes considerable intelligence to procure adrenochrome on a regular ongoing basis for anyone dependent on it. Because feeling anything at all becomes the main motivational drive in a numb individual, all intelligence he possesses is used exclusively for the purpose of getting a fix. A bit of a vicious circle there, alas.

• Like 2

How about the Boy Scouts of America? Everyone knows that teenagers know everything.

• Like 3

um who is to say the person at mcdonalds or plunging your toilet is not really smart? mabye look more for thouse people.

• Like 1

How about the Boy Scouts of America? Everyone knows that teenagers know everything.

boy scouts... teenagers... *shudder*

um who is to say the person at mcdonalds or plunging your toilet is not really smart? mabye look more for thouse people.

does WHAT to my toilet :huh:

:rolleyes::lol:

plungering, he meant plungering.

Good spelling and grammar is certainly not synonymous with intelligence, geez, I can spell and use some fancy words but...

Hey guys, how do you join illuminati?

We aren't currently looking for the type of person who asks that question. :P

• Like 2

"...ability to reincarnate"

Ha, you weren't smart enough to pick up on this one. All of this 'get off the wheel' gig when you've hardly even had a proper go on it :-)

Anyway, why are you asking that question here?

I have a theory that I can't test but it's based on an idea that Buddhas can't reincarnate.

This place has a higher chance of having smart people in one of these circles.

"Buddhas can't reincarnate."

Hmm, I reckon they can, I just don't think they 'want' to anymore, is all. So there it is. And why wouldn't one 'want' to? Under what conditions would one prefer non-incarnation nowhere to incarnation somewhere? I happen to prefer incarnation, which make me biased. Obviously :-)

I was reading some Egyptian alchemy stuff last night. It said that ghosts are the Ka bodies of people whose Ba bodies have separated to be reincarnated. And that the purpose of their alchemy was to combine the Ka and Ba, so that the Ba would stop reincarnating and the Ka would be able to ascend with the Ba instead of being stuck on earth reliving negative experiences.

Not saying I believe it...just throwing it out there, since it was interesting and timely. :)

SO NO ONE KNOWS

let's have this thread float until someone shows up

Now that's just annoying and insulting :-) Who do you need to show up to be convinced? Oh yeah, a 'smart' person. If I've told you buddha's want off the wheel, it's not something I made up. WHY they want off the wheel, well that's their business. Something to do with 'suffering' apparently.