Gerard

Spiritual concepts

Thanks Gerard!!

Schizophrenia bit was interesting for sure, as well as the other ones... makes me wonder what i've got-- it's been ten years since first episode, yet after both of them i recovered and relatively normal. It seems to be a question of relaxation with me. that or i just respond extremely well to medication, who knows?

Cheers mate

Ed

Wow, Gerard. You just blew my metaphysical skirt up.

Metaphysics as a genre (what a laugh!) seems to pull ideas from the inner workings of the world's great religions, as it seems that they have all discovered parts of the mystery. I see metaphysics as a bit of a clearing house that perhaps gleans what it wants from each, and then uses common sense (rather than fable) to sort it all through.

We metaphysicians realize at some point in time that it's more useful to look at the world from the inside out rather than from the outside in. When we realize Who We Really Are and manifest from that knowledge, ('we' being the Creator) then all things become possible and there are no limitations with the religious mindset problem.

This dovetails so beautifully into Daoism, and it seems to dovetail into the Buddhist as well, judging from the mindset of the advanced Buddhists on this site. I'm of the opinion (no, the Knowledge) that we're all talking about the same damn thing whatever we want to call it.

I had a strange run in with schizophrenia the other day. My old man and I were buying popcorn at a movie counter, and the surface of the counter we were standing at had a bunch of brown swirls with tan background. As I looked a little closer (while waiting for the popcorn) I noticed that the little brown swirls all had the manitou of twisted and screaming faces swirling in a type of fiery hell. For some odd reason, I sort of giggled and pointed this out to the popcorn girl. Why I did that, I haven't a clue. But she blanched and looked up at me and said "And Oh my God, I've got Schizophrenia!" she was shaken by the images on the counter which she hadn't noticed before.

I felt HORRIBLE! But then, I realized that it was such an unusual thing to say and such an unusual circumstance, that certainly the reason it was brought out was something within her that needed to be addressed at this time. I grabbed both her hands and told her how sorry I was, but that there was something in this experience for her to address. I told her to handle it with Love and to shield herself with Love, and that nothing could get to her. She said she thought she'd be okay.

I looked for her after the movie but she was gone. I'm hoping her shift was really over and she hadn't just freaked out and gone home.

Sometimes is better not knowing too much and focusing here and now, purifying ourselves every single instante, being aware of the breathe in and breathe out processes or every time we take a step in any of the moving Qigong forms we practice. Metaphysics, the underlying structure of reality is a very touchy and deeply complex matter, overwhelming at times, but those who persevere with a sincere heart will succeed; hard and reap the fruits of your labour.

Anyway I hope you find some of the info useful and as always, best of luck!